Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Amnistar posted:

I'll back off of you then. ##unvote I'm not trying to be mean with my targetting of you, you just pinged me with your play. Sorry if you're not having fun this game.

terrible reason to back off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

HiipFire posted:

terrible reason to back off

err...The reason I was targetting him is I thought he was watching the game but not posting because he didn't want to call attention to himself. He's asked for a replacement because he can't play the game. I have unvoted him pending the validity of his replacement?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
So what you're saying is that you just spend the entirety of the last page trying to get an exakt lynch going and now suddenly because he's replacing you're going to back off of your read?
You know that his replacement will have the same alignment right?

this is some weak poo poo even compared to me lol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
While I'm waiting might as well post just for the hell of it. Don't want this to hit my PPG too hard.

Amnistar posted:

Alright, you're here, great. I'll give you prompts even to make it easier.

Given the byplay between myself, theRam and Byers, during his claim, my unvote and byers defending me, where do alignments fall for you?

Given the seemingly contradictory claims of CPIG and PMOM, do you think one, both, or neither of them are scum and why?

Somber is pushing a lot of discussion for the town right now, what do you think that says about his alignment?

1. you're the scummiest of the three, then Byers, then TheRam

2. I think CPig looks better the PMom but that's mostly because you're buddying up to PMom.

3. I think that's a disingenuous question. Somber always pushes lots of discussion.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

HiipFire posted:

So what you're saying is that you just spend the entirety of the last page trying to get an exakt lynch going and now suddenly because he's replacing you're going to back off of your read?
You know that his replacement will have the same alignment right?

this is some weak poo poo even compared to me lol

If he replaces out because he wasn't having fun then my read was wrong because his activities were due to not having fun, not his alignment...

I'm unsure where there is confusion on your end. If EXAKT is not posting because he's not having fun, then his alignment is unknown to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Amni I want to kill either you or Hiipfire.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

While I'm waiting might as well post just for the hell of it. Don't want this to hit my PPG too hard.

2. I think CPig looks better the PMom but that's mostly because you're buddying up to PMom.

3. I think that's a disingenuous question. Somber always pushes lots of discussion.

...if you're going to replace out just stop posting exakt.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
However of CPig/PMom I definitely think PMom is scummier.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Amnistar posted:

If he replaces out because he wasn't having fun then my read was wrong because his activities were due to not having fun, not his alignment...

I'm unsure where there is confusion on your end. If EXAKT is not posting because he's not having fun, then his alignment is unknown to me.

ohh poo poo wait ok
my b

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Amnistar posted:

...if you're going to replace out just stop posting exakt.

Nah gently caress it, I'll see if I can get back into it before the end of the gameday.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EXAKT Science posted:

Amni I want to kill either you or Hiipfire.

I don't know man, outside of the entire calling you out just becauss you lurked thing, I've been okay with Amni.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

Nah gently caress it, I'll see if I can get back into it before the end of the gameday.

Awesome great. Can you explain your reads in this post a bit more maybe:

EXAKT Science posted:

and perhaps why you immediately contradict point 2 with this post:

EXAKT Science posted:

However of CPig/PMom I definitely think PMom is scummier.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I think Somber is scummy because of the way he's behaving, and I think PMom is scum with him because they've both been gunning for CPig very hard in away that doesn't seem warranted. The fact that Byers is voting CPig isn't really helping eiher, because I'm iffy on him as well.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
With regard to the claims, CPig looks better I think. In general, CPig looks way better to me because I think at least one, possibly more, or you/Somber/Byers are scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I misread your question, which is why I gave a weaker read. I read it as being about their respective scumminess vis a vis the claiming debacle, rather than generally, hence the "contradiction."

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Things I don't like right now without getting to specific and quoting who knows how many people.

The super convenient cop boon thing on the ram that develops coincidentally right after the claim/counter-claim completely muddying the waters. Incidentally I don't like your explanation for why someone would have chosen to give you the power, but the more I think about it I am sort of glad you didn't come out with the exact reason they would/could/should have right off the bat. Seems slightly more genuine and less fabricated possibly.

Lurkers.

Lurkers who post saying their leaving and then don't actually.

Not happy with how convenient the 48 hour thing is working out for the watchers. In PMom's case it just happens to conveniently not tell us anything till the next game day.

With Morn that CPig can potentially be verified by use of someone elses power but not sold on whether that info trade is remotely close to worth it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

mythadile posted:

Things I don't like right now without getting to specific and quoting who knows how many people.

The super convenient cop boon thing on the ram that develops coincidentally right after the claim/counter-claim completely muddying the waters. Incidentally I don't like your explanation for why someone would have chosen to give you the power, but the more I think about it I am sort of glad you didn't come out with the exact reason they would/could/should have right off the bat. Seems slightly more genuine and less fabricated possibly.

Lurkers.

Lurkers who post saying their leaving and then don't actually.

Not happy with how convenient the 48 hour thing is working out for the watchers. In PMom's case it just happens to conveniently not tell us anything till the next game day.

With Morn that CPig can potentially be verified by use of someone elses power but not sold on whether that info trade is remotely close to worth it.

Who is the scum tho?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Alright so I'm going to just post what I'm thinking right now with regards to how I am placing this vote:

As PMOM suggested, I think it's probably true that the watcher debacle is going to cause problems and be a distraction until one or both of them are lynched.

I think PMOM is worse off than CPIG with regards to the claim, not because of the specifics of the claim, but because of how the claim was made and the actions taken prior to the claim.

However, I think theRam is the best Scum vote possible right now because of his position and his play recently. I am unsure if I want to vote PMOM right now because theRam is voting for PMOM.

I think the possibility of PMOM being scum and either theRam bussing or not being scum is my best choice and so I will ##vote PMOM

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

if i die please dunk somber in memory of me, thank you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

and pig, obvs

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

and ram

you better make d2 a triple dunker

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
I am kind of Ok with the way PMom handled her refute of CPig and eventually the counter-claim. I feel like people jumping on that vote train are going after the slowest animal in the pack.

2 things stand out right now.

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is ridic. Self-watcher is a role to help find town power rules, not scum. There's zero reason to assume someone visiting you is scum if you're still alive to talk about it.

(As far as we know, the scum NK is instantaneous.)

I agree with this and no one has attempted to refute it that I can remember?

CapitalistPig posted:

ARRRGH gently caress I made a mistake ok?

Im half paying attention and I outed two power roles.

Do you still feel this way? What convinced you to then vote Pmom?

Meinberg posted:

capps is the wisest and most powerful of all Mafia players. However, he is unable to relate his thoughts in a way that is clear to anyone besides me, and appears to most as trollish gibberish/shitposting.

I don't want to vote Exakt until we have a bit more information in us. However, I will agree that looking over the PMom/CPig interactions, I'm more willing to vote PMom at the moment.

##vote Pmom

That being said this smacks of an opportune/borderline lazy/Scummy vote right here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(oh and yeah people who think that Cpig comes out looking better than me in our exchange are p. dumb)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pin why would you for a moment want to dunk me before pig?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Exakt can you break down why pig seems better?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Pin why would you for a moment want to dunk me before pig?

It was more important to call you out specifically, pig goes without saying.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
CPig's posts are just generally making me uncomfortable.

CapitalistPig posted:

Why is this game so blah!

We skipped any semblance of a proper jokephase and I didnt get my shitposting in so I'm v upset.

ALSO

Pmom is scum, news at 11

##vote Pmom

This is arguably the first real game post. The news at 11 thing fits if he was visited.

CapitalistPig posted:

Look idiots, my way of putting pressure on people is calling them scum and voting for them. That has never been any different.

In a vacumn this makes perfect sense, but this comes after you had already outed your role and PMom for visiting you so the context seems meaningless. It should be self-evident why you are voting at that point for your stated reason.

That is why this doesn't really square with your actions. Byers seems to easily convince you of the following.

Byers2142 posted: posted:

- Town self-watcher CPig, town PMom, and scum playing games with either a disguiser, a busdriver, or a creative messenger makes the most sense to me.

CapitalistPig posted:

seems like the likeliest case

##unvote

Which leads to this.

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote pmom

Pmom and somber and meinberg scumteam

Then nothing of content since...

If you were ok with the unvote and you said it was a bad play overall what has you back and what specifically are you liking about Meinberg?

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

EXAKT Science posted:

Who is the scum tho?

No idea but I am liking that you want to talk about it.

You want to do a top 3 scum top 3 town list or something, I am game.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Amnistar posted:

Alright so I'm going to just post what I'm thinking right now with regards to how I am placing this vote:

As PMOM suggested, I think it's probably true that the watcher debacle is going to cause problems and be a distraction until one or both of them are lynched.

I think PMOM is worse off than CPIG with regards to the claim, not because of the specifics of the claim, but because of how the claim was made and the actions taken prior to the claim.

However, I think theRam is the best Scum vote possible right now because of his position and his play recently. I am unsure if I want to vote PMOM right now because theRam is voting for PMOM.

I think the possibility of PMOM being scum and either theRam bussing or not being scum is my best choice and so I will ##vote PMOM

Ok I am going to take a crack at this. If PMom is your scum choice then you must know that the watcher debacle shouldn't be given much credence. What actions specifically prior to the claim have you point toward PMom rather than Cpig?

If this is true " I think theRam is the best Scum vote possible right now because of his position and his play recently. " why do we end up here on the next sentence? "I think the possibility of PMOM being scum and either theRam bussing or not being scum is my best choice "

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

mythadile posted:

If you were ok with the unvote and you said it was a bad play overall what has you back

Because Pmom counterclaimed me as self watcher after I unvoted?
Are you paying attention to this game?

and what specifically are you liking about Meinberg?

I've already answered this, this is meinberg's scum game.

You are posting an awful lot of words for someone who isn't paying attention.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
That Amnistar vote is god-awful. Unrelated, is Amni new or old or medium?

Also, Cpig, what time did you get targeted?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

That Amnistar vote is god-awful. Unrelated, is Amni new or old or medium?

Also, Cpig, what time did you get targeted?

Just a few minutes before this

CapitalistPig posted:

Why is this game so blah!

We skipped any semblance of a proper jokephase and I didnt get my shitposting in so I'm v upset.

ALSO

Pmom is scum, news at 11

##vote Pmom

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think Asiina woke up for another half hour~

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't think Asiina woke up for another half hour~

Nice try

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not trying anything. I'm reasonably certain Asiina was asleep.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not trying anything. I'm reasonably certain Asiina was asleep.

Well apparently she wasn't because you are wrong :sun:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
btw, definitely nothing has happened to convince me that it's not worth waiting to at least hear a result on Pmom's self-watch, especially since we can hang multiple people per day. Our number one goal should be to build up as much information as possible while it's not EXLO, since we could take the scums down all in one fell swoop if necessary.

CPig, I just want to be perfectly clear, the time in question is when you received the PM notifying you? That is, the PM did not indicate a specific time you were visited?

btw, I'm really annoyed about the Dr Hurt/PMom replacement here, since it very inconveniently puts the 48-hour window right after the deadline.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My action was actually backdated an hour to make it perfectly coincide with deadline.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

mythadile posted:

Ok I am going to take a crack at this. If PMom is your scum choice then you must know that the watcher debacle shouldn't be given much credence. What actions specifically prior to the claim have you point toward PMom rather than Cpig?

If this is true " I think theRam is the best Scum vote possible right now because of his position and his play recently. " why do we end up here on the next sentence? "I think the possibility of PMOM being scum and either theRam bussing or not being scum is my best choice "

It's based off the idea that nothing beyond the watcher debacle is going to get traction.

If one of those two is scum I lean towards pmom because of how it started and hiw pmom responded and then just claimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

btw, definitely nothing has happened to convince me that it's not worth waiting to at least hear a result on Pmom's self-watch, especially since we can hang multiple people per day. Our number one goal should be to build up as much information as possible while it's not EXLO, since we could take the scums down all in one fell swoop if necessary.

CPig, I just want to be perfectly clear, the time in question is when you received the PM notifying you? That is, the PM did not indicate a specific time you were visited?

btw, I'm really annoyed about the Dr Hurt/PMom replacement here, since it very inconveniently puts the 48-hour window right after the deadline.

It indicated that I had been visited by Pmom , not when

• Locked thread