Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

owl milk posted:

how long do you guys think the game will end up being? on a scale of that game maker level i made when i was 12 to all the infinity engine games put together.
Nine inches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Will they submit this to the ESRB?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They only accept complete games.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cybershell posted:

if final fantasy 10-2 has taught us anything it's that there can be a barkley 2-2

This, and you play "dress up" with different punk leather jackets and mohawk styles that unlock "jobs".

Like "fry cook" and "street slaughterer".

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

The Rokstar posted:

Well I mean if you were hopeful about DNF you're obviously a huge fan of poo poo, so is it really that huge of a leap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRJQTbzWLl8

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Barkley 1 got second place in PC Gamer's Weirdest PC Games Of All Time!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

I'm glad this list had zoo race but it really should have given that spot to prayer warriors or catechumen, the first person shooter bible games.

I forget which one it was but one of those was on the same engine as the game made by Hezbollah where you defend against the invading IDF. I couldn't get that game to run properly past the intro, but that had a low poly tank with a star of David in top getting blown up so I can only imagine the game was awesome.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Space Funeral wasn't on there either....

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

SeXReX posted:

I'm glad this list had zoo race but it really should have given that spot to prayer warriors or catechumen, the first person shooter bible games.

I forget which one it was but one of those was on the same engine as the game made by Hezbollah where you defend against the invading IDF. I couldn't get that game to run properly past the intro, but that had a low poly tank with a star of David in top getting blown up so I can only imagine the game was awesome.

Why would you want to play a Hezbollah propaganda game?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

notZaar posted:

sounds pretty interesting.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

Space Funeral wasn't on there either....

Space Funeral is trying way too hard.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Nooooooooooooooooo

We're ruined. RUINED!!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

notZaar posted:

Are you implying you don't want to play Barkley 2?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

notZaar posted:

It probably has a great soundtrack.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

notZaar posted:

Probably because you support the righteous struggle of Palestine against the Israeli oppressors.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

notZaar posted:

The same reason I played the Catholic ones.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TOG's needs to get in contact with the devs for the new Toejam and Earl to secure cross-promotional rights between the projects. Earl in Barkley, Chuchulain in T&E.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

You might say that it's number two!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Dabir posted:

Space Funeral is trying way too hard.

Yeah I went along with it too up until the ending, then it just became reverse Arfenhouse. Great soundtrack though.

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 20, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Space funeral had some interesting combat, I watched Pinstripe Hourglass LP it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I thought it was great the whole way through. I legitimately enjoyed it more than 99% of other RPGs I've ever played. Only Barkley I really gives it a run for its money in my book.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
thecatamites was a late era Gaming World poster (where the Barkley creators also posted). Some of his very first topics there were detailed, loving dedications to proto-punk. I love that poster/game maker and anyone who says he tries too hard has ridiculous standards. Effort is a quality, not a detriment.

Milovan Drecun fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 21, 2015

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yeah, Space Funeral rules, and its ending is great.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Oh I liked it alot I just didn't like the ending. I wanted everything to stay weird and cool but instead it became a generic RPG maker game with default sprites :(

DNE
Nov 24, 2007

circ dick soleil posted:

Oh I liked it alot I just didn't like the ending. I wanted everything to stay weird and cool but instead it became a generic RPG maker game with default sprites :(

I think that's absolutely the desired reaction

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The ending is brilliant. I hope Barkley 2 does a similar transformation into a a horrible Mass Effect like as a statement.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Chas McGill posted:

The ending is brilliant. I hope Barkley 2 does a similar transformation into a a horrible Mass Effect like as a statement.

Barkley 2 will leave a sour taste in your mouth no matter what your preference is. You don't even have to play the game to completion, it'll taste like poo poo right fro mthe get go.

Anyways, not much exciting to report, work moves forward slow and steady. Got some new enemies, got some new bosses, got some new NPCs got some new maps. If you've checked out any recent FrankiePixelShow twitch streams or archived streams you might've picked up that there are Duergars up the wazoo in this game.

I'm currently writing up a design doc for Custom Bird System or CBS for short. It'll be another overly ambitious system that gets thrown into the toilet, much like anything else I make.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 2 will leave a sour taste in your mouth no matter what your preference is. You don't even have to play the game to completion, it'll taste like poo poo right fro mthe get go.

Anyways, not much exciting to report, work moves forward slow and steady. Got some new enemies, got some new bosses, got some new NPCs got some new maps. If you've checked out any recent FrankiePixelShow twitch streams or archived streams you might've picked up that there are Duergars up the wazoo in this game.

I'm currently writing up a design doc for Custom Bird System or CBS for short. It'll be another overly ambitious system that gets thrown into the toilet, much like anything else I make.

Speaking of, how interactible will the toilets be in Barkley 2? Will there be toilet mimics?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Huzzah! posted:

Speaking of, how interactible will the toilets be in Barkley 2? Will there be toilet mimics?

I'm going to be frank with you... Toilets are being neglected at this time.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That gives me serious concern about the progress of this project.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a duergar gotta poop

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Asimo posted:

That gives me serious concern about the progress of this project.

It'll come back as overpriced DLC, progress of the project in safe.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Huzzah! posted:

This is unrelated to Barkley 2, but your post has given me some significant ideas.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 2 will leave a sour taste in your mouth no matter what your preference is.

Inspiring! People Describe The First Time They Drank Gatorade Played Barkley 2.

I started screaming "The sour taste, the sour taste of Barkley 2"

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Have you thought about having a secret Broccoli 2 mode where everything turns into vegetables.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Chicken fries are back.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Huzzah! posted:

There was, let's say, a minigame. But I think it was repurposed and moved somewhere else.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm pretty sure I speak for all backers when I say we want robust toilet mechanics, including mini games and meaningful gameplay decisions, even if it means adding months to the development process.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Maybe it's still time to scrap gun's crafting breeding in exchange for toilet's crafting breeding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I backed based on the assurances of robust toilet physics. This seems like another case of kickstarters promising features they have no intention of delivering.