Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Just watched the first two episodes of Community season six and it's really good, which is surprising as poo poo to me, I'm glad it's back. Paget Brewster and Keith David are excellent additions to the cast too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

TrixRabbi posted:

I don't even remember the first scene. Udo Kier is great in it but he's just barely there at all.

Is Flesh for Frankenstein any better? I have a copy of it but I was so bored by Blood for Dracula that I never bothered.

Flesh for Frankenstein owns, it's hilarious and disturbing. I was really disappointed with Blood after seeing Flesh.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not a movie, but is Season 1 of Penny Dreadful worth a 40 dollar price tag?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

MisterBibs posted:

Not a movie, but is Season 1 of Penny Dreadful worth a 40 dollar price tag?

If you have $400 or more laying around that you're going to spend on entertainment, sure. I think it's a really, really good show, but wouldn't spend more than 1/10 of my entertainment budget on it.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

HBO Go doesn't have the Larry Sanders Show this is BULLSHIT

Arli$$ isn't streaming, either.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Wow, Human Highway is an unforgettable trainwreck. One of the worst films I've ever seen. It must be seen by all.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
One of my friends just finished season one of Twin Peaks, and is excited to binge all of season two. I've been trying to warn her to lower her expectations, but she's just not hearing any of it. I'm kind of nervous she's going to bail on it before the finale, like two of my other friends have.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
— Someone around here was involved in Bad Turn Worse, right? It's up on Netflix, I liked it pretty well. Maybe an ounce too much early Tarantino.

The new Every Frame A Painting on Kurosawa has a Bad Avengers Shot of the Day in the middle.

Real artistic vision:

quote:

Citizen George will be a full length film about a director who creates a very popular Space Saga in the 1970’s only to make a very disappointing prequel trilogy 20 years later. But whether it will be a time travel comedy or a serious drama is up to you. That's because when I started working on this project and I had two great ideas of where I wanted it to go.

Citizen George as a Serious Drama

I had this idea I loved where Citizen George would be a straight drama in the vein of Citizen Kane. It would be about the rise and fall of a man who is a hero to many in geekdom and villain to others, just as William Randolph Hearst was to many in an earlier age of media.

Citizen George as a Time Travel Comedy

But at the same time, I also had an idea where Citizen George would be a sci-fi time travel comedy like Bill and Ted or Austin Powers.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I always considered myself a pretty big Star Wars fan as a kid and growing up and I was disappointed by the prequels too I guess but I just don't get some of these people. Get over it. loving Christ.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

To be fair to that Avengers scene (I'm going to defend this movie any chance I get), it's supposed to be very still and quiet. I won't argue about the boring camera moves, but the scene lacking any motion is a part of the point. Everyone is pretty much gone. poo poo went down and the film needed a moment of silence for the loss of Coulson.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm an Avengers/MCU apologist all day, every day, but I still don't think I have it in me to sit through the Avengers/Age of Ultron double feature Alamo is doing.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Yeah but why am I supposed to give a poo poo about Coulson he's barely even a character

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm an Avengers/MCU apologist all day, every day, but I still don't think I have it in me to sit through the Avengers/Age of Ultron double feature Alamo is doing.

Double feature? Weak. Some theater is doing like EVERY MARVEL MOVIE or some poo poo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

FishBulb posted:

Double feature? Weak. Some theater is doing like EVERY MARVEL MOVIE or some poo poo.

Christ, that's a lot of Marvel.

My dad was telling me about a Bond marathon he went to back in the 70s/80s, that must have been something.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Slice of life I got the delivery job and am going to the interview for the security job tomorrow.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Yeah but why am I supposed to give a poo poo about Coulson he's barely even a character

Didn't Nick Fury even say that he kinda had to die to teach the Avengers something about learning teamwork or something?

FishBulb posted:

AMC is doing it, and at least some of my friends want to go to that. It's somewhere around $60 as well.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The tragic fall of a man who ended up making billions of dollars selling his business to Disney, retired to focus on charity causes, and remarried.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

AMC is doing it, and at least some of my friends want to go to that. It's somewhere around $60 as well.

Plus however much lovely theater food you need to eat to survive those movies.

At least the AMC in Olathe has a bar.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

FishBulb posted:

Plus however much lovely theater food you need to eat to survive those movies.

At least the AMC in Olathe has a bar.

I assume for something that long they give you a bracelet so you can leave and grab some Chicken Zingers at Applebee's

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
But will they let you bring a beer hat

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Literally The Worst posted:

It's all about the camelbak.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

It's all about that Nacho Hat, bruv.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl3XfeAPsvA

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

CelticPredator posted:

To be fair to that Avengers scene (I'm going to defend this movie any chance I get), it's supposed to be very still and quiet. I won't argue about the boring camera moves, but the scene lacking any motion is a part of the point. Everyone is pretty much gone. poo poo went down and the film needed a moment of silence for the loss of Coulson.

Why is there a similar lack of motion when Coulson is still alive, and also during his death scene?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

What about a knife hat

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

My Marvel Marathon outfit

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was bummed when Coulson died. He was funny and was there from the beginning.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Why is there a similar lack of motion when Coulson is still alive, and also during his death scene?

Because Joss Whedon told them to do that. What Joss says goes. LONG LIVE THE AUTHOR!!!!!!!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Of course they revived him almost immediately for a TV show, so that kinda takes the punch out of it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coffee And Pie posted:

Of course they revived him almost immediately for a TV show, so that kinda takes the punch out of it.

It really did.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

One of my friends just finished season one of Twin Peaks, and is excited to binge all of season two. I've been trying to warn her to lower her expectations, but she's just not hearing any of it. I'm kind of nervous she's going to bail on it before the finale, like two of my other friends have.

You can absolutely stop watching after Laura's murder is solved. I mean, David Duchovny is great, but it's not worth that James storyline.
Also I don't understand the love for the finale at all, I thought it was boring poo poo. Watch Fire Walk With Me instead.

ChickenMedium posted:

Arli$$ isn't streaming, either.

I'm probably the only person that owns the best of Arli$$ on DVD.

Which brings to me a youtubes of the day.
Assume the Position with Mr. Wuhl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ayWTFLk4Vo

Basically just Robert Wuhl talking about how pop culture throughout the ages has shaped our view of history.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Coffee And Pie posted:

Has anyone told them he's alive, given he's been flying around the world fighting Cyborgs and Aliens?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

finally watched Foxcatcher. pretty much the textbook definition of a movie i respect more than i enjoy watching. that final scene is great, though. Whiplash, Coherence, and Foxcatcher got the three best closing scenes of 2014.

i'd also like to take this opportunity to poo poo on people who complain about spoilers in movies based on true stories, so, Foxcatcher is about a schizophrenic guy who shot an olympic wrestler

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 20, 2015

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

wyoming posted:

I'm probably the only person that owns the best of Arli$$ on DVD.

I've been wondering who ran this account.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

finally watched Foxcatcher. pretty much the textbook definition of a movie i respect more than i enjoy watching. that final scene is great, though. Whiplash, Coherence, and Foxcatcher got the three best closing scenes of 2014.

i'd also like to take this opportunity to poo poo on people who complain about spoilers in movies based on true stories, so, Foxcatcher is about a schizophrenic guy who shot an olympic wrestler

The final scene or the final final scene. The stuff with the Carrel's character was great but the absolute last scene just felt sort there for no good reason to me. Just sort of a "we should end the movie by checking back in with the central character I guess".

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

The final scene or the final final scene. The stuff with the Carrel's character was great but the absolute last scene just felt sort there for no good reason to me. Just sort of a "we should end the movie by checking back in with the central character I guess".

i'm talking about (and i know i just said spoilers for this movie are bullshit but i'ma spoil this part anyway) the final final scene, when we see Mark with the shaved head going into an MMA fight. it's such a perfect way of showing how he winds up; we don't get any weepy scenes of him crying over his brother, just him as this empty shell going into a cage match, perfectly following up on the scene earlier where him and some of the other Foxcatcher Ranch guys are watching a former wrestler doing MMA and lamenting at how he lowered himself to that. such a great, concise way of ending the film by showing and not telling. probably my favorite scene in the whole movie.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That just did absolutely nothing for me I guess.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

That just did absolutely nothing for me I guess.

i loved it. the fact that my absolute favorite part of the movie lasts like 90 seconds out of 135 odd minutes probably sums up my feelings about the movie as a whole.

edit: have any of you motherfuckers seen Coherence yet?

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 20, 2015

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Certainly not in your posting!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Ya! I didn't like it.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Discount Viscount posted:

I've been wondering who ran this account.

KISS ME I'M ARLI$$H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Ya! I didn't like it.

anyone else?

• Locked thread