Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also looking forward to One Piece Man.
Dunno how Anime News Network managed that typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Aurain posted:

Also looking forward to One Piece Man.
Dunno how Anime News Network managed that typo.

It's the sequel to One Piece, you see it turns out that Saitama was One Piece all along.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's the sequel to One Piece, you see it turns out that Saitama was One Piece all along.

One Piece was a guide to special sale days.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
one punch man is super good and im looking forward to the animated version of it. I think its success is going to depend pretty heavily on if they can get the humour right. Also that the fight scenes are at least as cool as in the (well drawn) comic

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wonder how this will work with One's randomized chapter update schedule. He doesn't update in a regular fashion; sometimes it'll be a chapter update within an already finished story arc (see the Smelly Lid prison b-plot starring Pri-Pri), or he'll just pad out the conclusion of another one to enrich an S-Class hero like Metal Knight.

That's sort of the strength/flexibility of updating your series online, you can just add or replace sections at your leisure if you feel it compliments the narrative. Throw in a TV show schedule and it gets hazardous.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

That's what OVAs and DVD/BD specials are for.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Parrotine posted:

I wonder how this will work with One's randomized chapter update schedule. He doesn't update in a regular fashion; sometimes it'll be a chapter update within an already finished story arc (see the Smelly Lid prison b-plot starring Pri-Pri), or he'll just pad out the conclusion of another one to enrich an S-Class hero like Metal Knight.

That's sort of the strength/flexibility of updating your series online, you can just add or replace sections at your leisure if you feel it compliments the narrative. Throw in a TV show schedule and it gets hazardous.

It's not like adapting unfinished manga is unusual.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
itshappening.gif

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

e X posted:

It's not like adapting unfinished manga is unusual.

No, but adapting a manga that decides to flesh out already finished story arcs is

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

One just might tell murata what the storyboard is and let him do his magic, or throw out chapters more often.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Parrotine posted:

I think ending the 1st season with the defeat of Boros would be just right.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Parrotine posted:

The original webcomic is pretty straightforward, and aside from Murata occasionally redoing chapters, the online remake is too. What you're thinking of (the chapters showing Sonic in jail or the recent thing with Metal Knight's robots rebuilding the HQ) are just bonus chapters that get added to the proper volume releases. I think it's possible that the anime will just ignore those.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

One just might tell murata what the storyboard is and let him do his magic, or throw out chapters more often.

Yeah I could see ONE maybe putting more effort into updating OPM more frequently with it getting animated. It's going to make it way more popular on top of Murata's version getting it more recognition.

Worst case, there's enough content as is for 13-26 eps worth of show.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AtomikKrab posted:

Yeah.
If it ends literally on Boros's last line that would be amazing.

Have i already said i love that this is happening?
Cuz i do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The only problem with stopping at Boros is that you don't get King. But King isn't really a good stopping point, so maybe you could just put it before Boros.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

The only problem with stopping at Boros is that you don't get King. But King isn't really a good stopping point, so maybe you could just put it before Boros.

Just put the King Engine's roar as a stinger to the first season finale and you're good.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Just put the King Engine's roar as a stinger to the first season finale and you're good.

Good idea. I might reread the entire thing just to see what it would be like for a S1.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want the mask.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Serious Series: Serious Poster and goofy Saitama masks.

I have a feeling this adaptation is going to be just fine.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/foo2333

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Okay yeah this is gonna be juuuuuust fine

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/foo2333/status/579111308307513344

You mean this?

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Oh my god I am so excited for this. Since I found this thread a year ago, I've been devouring the source material, and to see that OPM is getting its own show, and that it looks good, is giving me the good kind of panic attack.

I can't wait to hear more of Saitama's voice.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

i mean the 3 second video and the other 5 pictures of the PV in 6 seperate tweets that I couldn't be bothered to link.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Yeah I rescind my minor doubts about the art, this is lookin' really good.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Oh Madhouse is animating this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkqVvb_QoYs

I suddenly have a lot more confidence in this anime

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Madhouse with a great director who got his start in the industry as an animator and knows action very well on top of having a contact list a mile long. Kameda should work on it for sure. The character designer is also a great animator with some friends, too.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

bondster posted:

Oh Madhouse is animating this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkqVvb_QoYs

I suddenly have a lot more confidence in this anime

... Well crap, now I'm going to have to watch the new HxH.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The new HxH was really, really good but that fight up there is one of few memorable straight up fights

Still worth watching the show

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pointlessone posted:

You didn't before? HxH was really well done and very faithful.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Parrotine posted:

Well One better shape the gently caress up if Murata or the Anime start approaching the end of what he's done so far. He can be as focused on Mob Psycho as he wants but Mob Psycho is not currently being doubly readapted and reaching enough fame for american Marvel/DC bloggers to call it the "Best Superhero Comic 2014".

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

pointlessone posted:

Now really is the best time since we're still on hiatus in the manga...what is it with boats and long waiting in manga?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is HxH actually good or is it a Naruto where you should only care if you started reading in middle school?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Saitama is cute! Cute!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DrManiac posted:

Is HxH actually good or is it a Naruto where you should only care if you started reading in middle school?

HxH is no Naruto. Did you like Yuyu Hakusho? Just watch the first few episodes and see if you like it. It's on netflix.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

HxH is a lot like Naruto, if Naruto didn't start to choke on its own rear end and enter an rear end devouring spiral of terrible, rapidly spinning until it shed off chunks of itself in a savage celestial wretch until it collapsed into a black hole of pure loving suck. HxH on the other hand manages to expand itself out into an interesting and strange world, that goes on hiatus, then gets more awesome, then gets more hiatus, repeating this cycle in a weirdly abusive relationship where the answer to 'what do you call a hxh fan with etc etc' except the answer is dragon quest? And a turkey?

So there's that.

Anyway good lord I am so pumped for OPM anime. I haven't been able to really enjoy animated stuff in years, but I have hype.

Bisse posted:

Well One better shape the gently caress up if Murata or the Anime start approaching the end of what he's done so far. He can be as focused on Mob Psycho as he wants but Mob Psycho is not currently being doubly readapted and reaching enough fame for american Marvel/DC bloggers to call it the "Best Superhero Comic 2014".
Let the dude do what he wants, OPM is a labor of love :(

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

How soon do pv's end up online after an event like this?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

DrManiac posted:

Hunter x Hunter is legit amazing. Theres a reason why all of us are still fans of it despite the fact it's on hiatus so much that started before One Piece and has like a quarter the chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

HxH is a lot like Naruto, if Naruto didn't start to choke on its own rear end and enter an rear end devouring spiral of terrible, rapidly spinning until it shed off chunks of itself in a savage celestial wretch until it collapsed into a black hole of pure loving suck. HxH on the other hand manages to expand itself out into an interesting and strange world, that goes on hiatus, then gets more awesome, then gets more hiatus, repeating this cycle in a weirdly abusive relationship where the answer to 'what do you call a hxh fan with etc etc' except the answer is dragon quest? And a turkey?

You only understand the wonder of the turkey if you don't read the actual volume releases though. You've got to read it chapter by individual, un-retouched, chapter to fully behold the wonder of the turkey.