Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I finished getting all my wedding invitations together and just licked like, 80 envelopes and now have a headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Max posted:

Also, I finished getting all my wedding invitations together and just licked like, 80 envelopes and now have a headache.

... you know you can use a damp sponge, yeah?

Max posted:

Hi. I don't want to let what Shark Mafia just did shoot by us, because he definitely just tried to get someone to say a killing phrase, and it worked. It's akin to what Rurea just did, since I feel like Shark Mafia was still doing some "joke phase" nonsense, even though we are well past it.

I agree completely. That was suspect from Shark.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Okay really though can any of you honestly say you wouldn't have done that, given the option? Much more amusing than just randomly shooting some dude

I am this game's collective id

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Shark Mafia posted:

Okay really though can any of you honestly say you wouldn't have done that, given the option? Much more amusing than just randomly shooting some dude

I'll agree, it was totally hilarious.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

... you know you can use a damp sponge, yeah?

I agree completely. That was suspect from Shark.

Another thing kinda regarding you.

KB just flipped Battlestar Galactica. Earlier he checked me, which makes me think he was hunting for cylon, or at least machines, given that second audio recording.

Either there's a machine that isn't on the level at all, or you, Byers, wrote it, because I wouldn't put it past you to bus yourself with that kind of power.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shark Mafia posted:

I guess that depends on what you expect from this game. Do you have any thoughts on Ecco getting fake shot?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shark Mafia posted:

Also, you didn't specifically target someone you thought was scummy, you just laid a trap and waited for anyone to wander in and say the killing phrase.

so ##vote Shark Mafia because that's way worse.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Well, just shooting someone is really pretty boring. I don't know y'alls well enough remember whether there was a particular frivolous meta-reason why Ecco was singled out for the attempted kill. I do recall them being a pretty good player so a scum attempting to take them out and then claiming the good ol' 'hey, it's day 1, jokes you guys' defense would be decent strategy.

So yeah ruresa is pretty suspicious.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Max posted:

Also, you didn't specifically target someone you thought was scummy, you just laid a trap and waited for anyone to wander in and say the killing phrase.

so ##vote Shark Mafia because that's way worse.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, and not just because you're voting me like a big ol' jerk. A cynical and precisely targetted kill in a time of plausible deniability, i.e. day 1, makes a lot more sense as a scum action that 'hey guys who wants to say this fun codephrase'

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shark Mafia posted:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, and not just because you're voting me like a big ol' jerk. A cynical and precisely targetted kill in a time of plausible deniability, i.e. day 1, makes a lot more sense as a scum action that 'hey guys who wants to say this fun codephrase'

I seriously disagree, you put that out there for anyone to fall into. As town. that could be smart, but you didn't play it that way, since it wasn't directed. As scum it's perfect, since you just tell your buds not to give the answer and wait for any town to fall prey to it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

it's unlikely shark is mafia

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

I suppose you could look at it that way. I'd say that a semirandom kill isn't remotely worth a likely lynch, and I'd thank you to give me enough scumcredit to think I'd realize that.

a non-random kill could be worth it, though. It's a cost-benefit analysis. The obvious explanation is I did that because it was fuckin funny, although I apologize to my friend ron 'the king' burgundy

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rurea (3): Byers2142, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Byers2142, Little Mac, Ernie., Byers2142
EccoRaven (2): LordVorbis, Ernie., Poison Mushroom, Ernie., Little Mac, Poison Mushroom
Shark Mafia (1): Max
Poison Mushroom (1): HiipFire, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, EccoRaven, Little Mac
Ernie. (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Byers2142 (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (7): Ghostly Gangsta, Opopanax, Poison Mushroom, Poque, Rurea, Shark Mafia, yuming

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to hang. The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Can't anyone take a joke? I also breadcrumbed my role

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Shark Mafia posted:

I suppose you could look at it that way. I'd say that a semirandom kill isn't remotely worth a likely lynch, and I'd thank you to give me enough scumcredit to think I'd realize that.

a non-random kill could be worth it, though. It's a cost-benefit analysis. The obvious explanation is I did that because it was fuckin funny, although I apologize to my friend ron 'the king' burgundy

That is far too meta a defence. If it was as a joke (and it was funny) you should just have stuck to that.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't think Rurea is scum for trying to shoot Ecco. It reads as townier to me to use a kill without strategy.

shark's buzzword kill seems more like a 3p thing and OMG hi shark :sun: I want to play with him.

I need to do a second pass here, I'm reading on my new, easier to read on phone but it's still easier to miss things!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

LordVorbis posted:

That is far too meta a defence. If it was as a joke (and it was funny) you should just have stuck to that.
Hi Vorbis hope you and kilran et al are doing well!

Are you suspicious of shark?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shark Mafia posted:

I don't know you, so I don't know if you'd be good scum or not, so it's really not a very good defense.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Precariously fixed to and part of the flesh of a great man, I observe. Always watching. Always listening. Like the mammalucco of the year.

##vote Shark Mafia

Catching up on this was crazy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rurea posted:

Get sleazy!

##shoot Ecco
Actually I'm not sure. I picked up reading after the shot before and didn't carch Rurea was shooting in response to a request.

This plus the can't you guys take a joke comment above are scummy. Hmm~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Little Mac posted:

No, zoom in on the GIF. The face is yellow. It's maddening.
Those are her bangs.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ernie. posted:

the longer rurea remains un-cuddled the more i grow suspicious that the scum team is made up of a bunch of doctors
I don't understand, what do you mean Ernie?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hi i woke up sick as a dog but I read the thread and it stands out to me that both rurea and shark mafia have used/tried to use vigs. i don't know if it would make sense for both of them to be town. also ecco is clearly joking but I still want it to be page 9

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Precariously fixed to and part of the flesh of a great man, I observe. Always watching. Always listening. Like the mammalucco of the year.

##vote Shark Mafia

Catching up on this was crazy.
##vote gg

Tell me more about the crazy things you read.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

yuming posted:

Hi Vorbis hope you and kilran et al are doing well!

Are you suspicious of shark?

Hi Yuming! :D So nice to see you again :D Yup, they are doing well, busy in their busy lives :P

I am SUPER suspicious of Shark. ##Vote Shark Mafia

I've just had a "I've not played mafia in ages" brainwave. What if Rurea and Ecco are scum, Rurea knew the kill wouldn't kill Ecco and so used my semi-serious vig request as a great excuse to put those two at odds? Am I insane? I can't tell. I know if I had a day vig A: I'd use it ASAP but B: I'd totally use it on someone I'd want to kill not be directed.

Suspicion levels on Rurea are rising.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LordVorbis posted:

Hi Yuming! :D So nice to see you again :D Yup, they are doing well, busy in their busy lives :P

I am SUPER suspicious of Shark. ##Vote Shark Mafia

I've just had a "I've not played mafia in ages" brainwave. What if Rurea and Ecco are scum, Rurea knew the kill wouldn't kill Ecco and so used my semi-serious vig request as a great excuse to put those two at odds? Am I insane? I can't tell. I know if I had a day vig A: I'd use it ASAP but B: I'd totally use it on someone I'd want to kill not be directed.

Suspicion levels on Rurea are rising.

ooooooo oooooooooooooooooo hhh hold on

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Poque posted:

hi i woke up sick as a dog but I read the thread and it stands out to me that both rurea and shark mafia have used/tried to use vigs. i don't know if it would make sense for both of them to be town. also ecco is clearly joking but I still want it to be page 9

I want Ecco to be correct about that so bad.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

EccoRaven posted:

I don't think so. Looked like you just wanted to quickly shoot a townie in jokephase and say "aw shucks well whatever I guess them's the breaks v:)v"

oh poo i thought byers had posted that ecco was a townie n/m

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Poque posted:

ooooooo oooooooooooooooooo hhh hold on

Holding....

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LordVorbis posted:

Holding....

nah I was wrong. it wouldn't have been all that important anyway

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was a good vig, I'm cool with Shark.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

yuming posted:

Those are her bangs.

Nnoooooo!!! The part that is her face, from far away, looks yellow to me. When I took the gif into a paint program it looks flesh colored. It's some kind of terrible giftrick and I hate it.

Also I don't think Shark is scum. I'm keeping my vote on Ecco.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Opopanax posted:

That was a good vig, I'm cool with Shark.

There is clearly a cylon/machine running lose that we won't be able to find now that KB is gone, so I don't think it really netted us anything.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

yuming posted:

##vote gg

Tell me more about the crazy things you read.

I got some bad ideas in my head, but it's clean, real clean. Like my conscience.
The Rurea/Ecco shot, Shark's scumhunt bait

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

There is clearly a cylon/machine running lose that we won't be able to find now that KB is gone, so I don't think it really netted us anything.

I think that's a dead end, like those stupid curly lightbulbs

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
A movie poster drifts on the breeze.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I got some bad ideas in my head, but it's clean, real clean. Like my conscience.
The Rurea/Ecco shot, Shark's scumhunt bait

That wasn't scum hunting, it was killing for no reason.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, phone posting for the rest of the day.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

flatluigi posted:

A movie poster drifts on the breeze.

Good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

That wasn't scum hunting, it was killing for no reason.

I don't think it was, I think it was just luring someone to get killed. That's why they get my vote.

• Locked thread