Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

aers posted:

Madhouse with a great director who got his start in the industry as an animator and knows action very well on top of having a contact list a mile long. Kameda should work on it for sure. The character designer is also a great animator with some friends, too.

I'm also hopeful because the writer worked on about a quarter of Tiger & Bunny, so he has experience with silly supeheroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm also hopeful because the writer worked on about a quarter of Tiger & Bunny, so he has experience with silly supeheroes.

Yeah the Bandai Visual producer on OPM is their Tiger & Bunny producer so she probably pulled in that writer.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

How soon do pv's end up online after an event like this?

depends on the company and whether they feel like it

so who loving knows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiumzFockS8

you'll have your potato-tier camrip and you'll enjoy it

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bisse posted:

Well One better shape the gently caress up if Murata or the Anime start approaching the end of what he's done so far. He can be as focused on Mob Psycho as he wants but Mob Psycho is not currently being doubly readapted and reaching enough fame for american Marvel/DC bloggers to call it the "Best Superhero Comic 2014".

Wow, he really said that?

How is One Punch Man received in the Superhero comic community anyhow

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
everyone loves it it's loving one-punch man

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brought To You By posted:

Now really is the best time since we're still on hiatus in the manga...what is it with boats and long waiting in manga?

When is HxH not on hiatus?

Also I'm totally okay with Madhouse for the anime and now I think it will actually look good. Definitely excited for it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bisse posted:

Well One better shape the gently caress up if Murata or the Anime start approaching the end of what he's done so far. He can be as focused on Mob Psycho as he wants but Mob Psycho is not currently being doubly readapted and reaching enough fame for american Marvel/DC bloggers to call it the "Best Superhero Comic 2014".

I imagine he probably doesn't give a poo poo.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Kild posted:

You didn't before? HxH was really well done and very faithful.

I gave up on the series when the manga art tanked during the beginning of the Chimera Ant arc hiatus. Then I rewatched/reread Yu Yu Hakisho. We're going to fix that now, I forgot how good this series managed to be.

Also, super hyped for OPM, even that potatophone video looked great.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

DrManiac posted:

Is HxH actually good or is it a Naruto where you should only care if you started reading in middle school?

HxH is really good especially in the new anime because you get all of it at once instead of like spaced out by years. Togashi is hyper aware of shounen tropes and expectations, considering he pioneered a lot of them, and when you watch it all in one go you can see how he plays with your expectations and things don't turn out the way you expect them to.

Alternatively, imagine the world taking a dump on the main character, forever.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I wonder if this explains why Murata's so late with the next update..

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Binary Badger posted:

I wonder if this explains why Murata's so late with the next update..

Murata's actually doing a flipbook, Madhouse is just going to record someone flipping it really fast and put it on TV

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Murata's actually doing a flipbook, Madhouse is just going to record someone flipping it really fast and put it on TV

He's also doing all the voice acting by drawing wavy lines on a bunch of toilet rolls.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

DrManiac posted:

Is HxH actually good or is it a Naruto where you should only care if you started reading in middle school?

It's not really a standard punchman anime. At first glance that's exactly what it seems to be, especially during the first few episodes but it kind of takes everything in different directions as it progresses

it also gets really fuckin dark at times

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bisse posted:

lol no one gives a poo poo about marvel/dc bloggers

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Zzulu posted:

It's not really a standard punchman anime. At first glance that's exactly what it seems to be, especially during the first few episodes but it kind of takes everything in different directions as it progresses

it also gets really fuckin dark at times

The like, 3rd arc proper, the entire premise is that all the badguys are insanely overpowered and our heroes would be squashed like spiders if they fought them, no training arc is gonna help them here. It's amazing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

nothing at all

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

The like, 3rd arc proper, the entire premise is that all the badguys are insanely overpowered and our heroes would be squashed like spiders if they fought them, no training arc is gonna help them here. It's amazing.

Togashi's work is kind of similar to Onepunch Man in that he's a big fan of characters who are so overwhelmingly powerful that no amount of training or attrition can take them down, forcing the heroes to find alternate means of attack. Hell, Yu Yu Hakusho ended with its main character losing the final battle and it turned out to not even matter because his opponent was so exhausted that he got chumped by a totally different guy shortly after.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Oxxidation posted:

Togashi's work is kind of similar to Onepunch Man in that he's a big fan of characters who are so overwhelmingly powerful that no amount of training or attrition can take them down, forcing the heroes to find alternate means of attack. Hell, Yu Yu Hakusho ended with its main character losing the final battle and it turned out to not even matter because his opponent was so exhausted that he got chumped by a totally different guy shortly after.

It's not a popular opinion but I think the final arc of Yu Yu Hakusho is one of the best parts of the series. It's got this kind of melancholic atmosphere throughout and then the hero just realises that all this shounen hero poo poo isn't for him anymore and retires. I hear it goes down a bit different in the anime but I dunno if its done better or worse.

The way that they finally defeat Meruyem is another great moment. Goddamn.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gon's storyline during the chimera ant arc is also pretty great, especially the way it ends.

He's the quintessential shonen hero but in the end no amount of hope or shonen stick-to-it-ivness let's him accomplish his goal, instead he ends up utterly broken and depressed beyond any real chance of salvation and he does what people in that sort of situation sometimes do, he lashes out in a suicidal rage.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

aers posted:

depends on the company and whether they feel like it

so who loving knows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiumzFockS8

you'll have your potato-tier camrip and you'll enjoy it

God drat potato.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

One of my favorite elements of that (spoilered in case anyone here wants to watch) is how he does the typical super-angry powerup/transformation, but not only does it not accomplish anything (since the character he kills was probably going to die anyway) but it results in him being a near death state and a major part of the next arc is trying to get him fixed up.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I am prepared to write walls of text on how the episode where Gon finds Pitou healing Komugi is the best in the entire series and one of the best episodes of any shounen anime I've ever seen.

One-Punch Man is in good hands.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It was a hell of a scene, and the whole arc was really good (read as a whole, not a hiatus'd hell spot).

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

It's not a popular opinion but I think the final arc of Yu Yu Hakusho is one of the best parts of the series. It's got this kind of melancholic atmosphere throughout and then the hero just realises that all this shounen hero poo poo isn't for him anymore and retires. I hear it goes down a bit different in the anime but I dunno if its done better or worse.

The way that they finally defeat Meruyem is another great moment. Goddamn.

I'm glad someone else feels that way. I've always loved how weirdly relaxed that final arc is, and it surprises me that so many people dislike it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Parrotine posted:

Wow, he really said that?

How is One Punch Man received in the Superhero comic community anyhow

I regularly post panels in the funny and badass threads in BSS. There are a lot of OPM in that forum.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bad Seafood posted:

I am prepared to write walls of text on how the episode where Gon finds Pitou healing Komugi is the best in the entire series and one of the best episodes of any shounen anime I've ever seen.

One-Punch Man is in good hands.

Do it. I loved that episode and want to hear why you loved it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No one would care about HxH given its frequent and lengthy breaks if it wasn't so incredibly good when Togashi brings his A game. That's kind of similar to both versions of OPM, actually.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Having read Murata's version first, I obviously vastly prefer it to ONE's. I hope that both Murata and ONE can focus on Onepunch, since it's so drat great, but I'll also be happy with a 13 episode series ending after what will have to be an insane Boros fight, and then they can wait for lots more Murata Onepunch to come out before continuing.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

lol no one gives a poo poo about marvel/dc bloggers
I did not either until one of them heralded OPM best superhero comic 2014 where the competition is all superhero comics and the guy is a total Marvel/DC sperg.

I believe it was linked earlier in this topic or the other OPM topic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I'm glad someone else feels that way. I've always loved how weirdly relaxed that final arc is, and it surprises me that so many people dislike it.

Its really short which is the biggest problem

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I am so goddamn stoked for a Onepunch-Man anime. As long as they get the Madhouse A-Team, which it looks like they will, this will most likely be awesome.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

KITA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bdb1V0Io_g

All is right.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 23, 2015

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Hype levels rising

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hype overload

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

gunna be so fuckin good

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears:

It's in good hands.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I hope there is someone out there has only ever heard of ONE's version, who just saw this ad and had a heart attack.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The world is wonderful. :allears:

So is there going to also be a Onepunch-Man anime thread?

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 23, 2015

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The world is wonderful. :allears:

So is there going to also be a Onepunch-Man anime thread?

Probably, and if past adaptation threads are any indication it will be 90% smug posts dropping obvious spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
SUPER SECRET SPOILERS, GUYS: Saitama punches the villain once, defeating it.