Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

LordVorbis posted:

Hi Yuming! :D So nice to see you again :D Yup, they are doing well, busy in their busy lives :P

I am SUPER suspicious of Shark. ##Vote Shark Mafia

I've just had a "I've not played mafia in ages" brainwave. What if Rurea and Ecco are scum, Rurea knew the kill wouldn't kill Ecco and so used my semi-serious vig request as a great excuse to put those two at odds? Am I insane? I can't tell. I know if I had a day vig A: I'd use it ASAP but B: I'd totally use it on someone I'd want to kill not be directed.

Suspicion levels on Rurea are rising.

I'm kinda with you on this.

At the same time, I'm feeling what Yuming is with GG.

##unvote
##vote ghostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, we're on page 9 now.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Max posted:

Oh, we're on page 9 now.

Tick Tock!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

##unvote
##vote ghostly

and what would that feeling be?

:allears:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Max posted:

Oh, we're on page 9 now.

Oh boy, time for nothing to happen

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

It's questionable.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No but Shark Mafia is probably not scum, just reckless. I was interested in seeing who would jump on his bandwagon.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
[[ The space-time continuum hiccoughs. ]]

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I can't fight this feeling, Oooga Chaka?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We're making a joke about the last game we were just in. I used the term "Questionable feelings" and it got me in hot water for the rest of the day.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

LordVorbis posted:

Hi Yuming! :D So nice to see you again :D Yup, they are doing well, busy in their busy lives :P

I am SUPER suspicious of Shark. ##Vote Shark Mafia

I've just had a "I've not played mafia in ages" brainwave. What if Rurea and Ecco are scum, Rurea knew the kill wouldn't kill Ecco and so used my semi-serious vig request as a great excuse to put those two at odds? Am I insane? I can't tell. I know if I had a day vig A: I'd use it ASAP but B: I'd totally use it on someone I'd want to kill not be directed.

Suspicion levels on Rurea are rising.

SCUMMY POST

keeps everyone in suspicion in suspicion and doesn't give his own opinions actually

##vote lordvorbis

yuming posted:

I don't understand, what do you mean Ernie?

it's a doctor who joke

anyone who doesn't want to break the time continuum must be a doctor

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

keeps everyone in suspicion in suspicion and doesn't give his own opinions actually

Except for when he straight up does and votes Shark?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Except for when he straight up does and votes Shark?

shark is also under suspicion

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So? You can't be suspicious of someone who isn't already under suspicion?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie. posted:

shark is also under suspicion

This doesn't make sense.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Eccos thing was bullshit hth.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

So? You can't be suspicious of someone who isn't already under suspicion?

you can, but i'm saying that particular post was motivated by pretending to add to the conversation, while not changing topics or easing up on any of the people seen as scummy. note that he doesn't say why any of them might be town.

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Max posted:

I don't know you, so I don't know if you'd be good scum or not, so it's really not a very good defense.

Well, yeah. I'm aware metadefense isn't very effective when I don't have a meta but what would you have me say, exactly. It's not as if it's a particularly radical meta, more like a mafia baseline.

Besides, I explained why I did it.

Also hey yuming

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

LordVorbis posted:

That is far too meta a defence. If it was as a joke (and it was funny) you should just have stuck to that.

also I fail to see why it being a funny joke and me offering what defense I can are mutually exclusive

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

you can, but i'm saying that particular post was motivated by pretending to add to the conversation, while not changing topics or easing up on any of the people seen as scummy. note that he doesn't say why any of them might be town.

You've lost me

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Shark Mafia (2): Max, Ghostly Gangsta, LordVorbis, Max
Rurea (2): Byers2142, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Byers2142, Little Mac, Ernie., Byers2142, Ernie.
Ghostly Gangsta (2): yuming, Max
LordVorbis (1): Ernie.
EccoRaven (1): LordVorbis, Ernie., Poison Mushroom, Ernie., Little Mac, Poison Mushroom, LordVorbis
Poison Mushroom (1): HiipFire, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, EccoRaven, Little Mac
Ernie. (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Byers2142 (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (5): Opopanax, Poison Mushroom, Poque, Rurea, Shark Mafia

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to hang. The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Question: The day's going pretty slowly, would anyone mind if the deadline was moved up to Monday (March 23) instead of Tuesday?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm out of town for the weekend and just phone posting so a longer deadline would be nice for me

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Instead of a longer deadline why not one where we all quickly vote Rurea and give him a good being killed. Ideally if we all cram our votes in we can do it without disrupting space-time too much, either!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey LM why am I scum

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

hey LM why am I scum

Gut feeling. Your "Rurea scumclaimed" "it's on page 9" etc etc schtick is anti-town. All it does is confuse people and make them not want to lynch you until five pages later when the urge to lynch you for most has long since subsided and other things can happen. You were all over the place when KB was pretty much right on the money, in my opinion. You're scum. Get dead.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

hey LM why am I scum

you were given a scum win condition by the mod

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

hey LM why am I scum

Blame yourself. Or God.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

hey LM why am I scum

your parents and heritage make it impossible for you not to be

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

hey LM I am scum

I have decoded your message

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nah that's dumb, if I were scum I wouldn't be doing anything like this. I would be playing it smooth, trying to lead the town rather than make hilarious jokes about space-time.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Max posted:

Another thing kinda regarding you.

KB just flipped Battlestar Galactica. Earlier he checked me, which makes me think he was hunting for cylon, or at least machines, given that second audio recording.

Either there's a machine that isn't on the level at all, or you, Byers, wrote it, because I wouldn't put it past you to bus yourself with that kind of power.

I would absolutely do something like that, yes. I didn't, but it's definitely within my wheelhouse.

Shark Mafia posted:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, and not just because you're voting me like a big ol' jerk. A cynical and precisely targetted kill in a time of plausible deniability, i.e. day 1, makes a lot more sense as a scum action that 'hey guys who wants to say this fun codephrase'

Killing randomly is a townier move than a targeted kill? How is that even remotely true?

##vote CShark

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

it's unlikely shark is mafia

Because...?

yuming posted:

I don't think Rurea is scum for trying to shoot Ecco. It reads as townier to me to use a kill without strategy.

shark's buzzword kill seems more like a 3p thing and OMG hi shark :sun: I want to play with him.

I need to do a second pass here, I'm reading on my new, easier to read on phone but it's still easier to miss things!!

I don't think you believe either of those first two sentences, yuming.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

nah that's dumb, if I were scum I wouldn't be doing anything like this. I would be playing it smooth, trying to lead the town rather than make hilarious jokes about space-time.

You don't get to decide how you're perceived as scum, Ecco. If you were town you should be doing that, actually.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

yuming posted:

##vote gg

Tell me more about the crazy things you read.

You're scum this game, aren't you yuming? GG's second game, in which you defended the poo poo out of him last time, and you're voting him for a post in which he said he was catching up? You're defending Rurea for taking a serious shot at Ecco early, and want to keep someone you have a 3P read on? None of that sounds like town yuming.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

##unvote
##vote ghostly

what

I agree with you, but let's vote along with the single weakest vote in the game thus far, including the joke votes?

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

I would absolutely do something like that, yes. I didn't, but it's definitely within my wheelhouse.

Killing randomly is a townier move than a targeted kill? How is that even remotely true?

##vote CShark

For the reasons I explained, jeez

you need to look beyond your simple conceptions and see the Truth of Mafia my friend

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

byers, what do you think of Ecco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Shark Mafia posted:

For the reasons I explained, jeez

you need to look beyond your simple conceptions and see the Truth of Mafia my friend

I went to school in the city, I'm more interested in da Troof.

• Locked thread