Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I know it's been said a thousand times, but the music in this game really is phenomenal. The song that plays during the power plant mission not only made that level tolerable, but set the perfect mood for the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Flamethrower is better than any of the other weapons in practically any circumstance other than maybe the first and second screen of Casualties and Stronghold. I'd say go for that.

The only issue with the flamethrower is that most of the time it won't go through windows and the last couple of screens of Casualties are a loving fractal nightmare of glass and fat assholes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If anyone has any tips for No Mercy on Hard mode so where I don't get my rear end beat in the first twenty seconds, I would be very appreciative. This first screen is just gently caress.

e: Never mind, got it through luck. I never want to play that screen again,

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 21, 2015

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
In the Face of Evil

Holy poo poo, I can't get enough of this song.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

In the Face of Evil

Holy poo poo, I can't get enough of this song.

Me too man, it sounds so Kavinsky. Magic Sword are on my radar now. Mmmmm pedal tones and arpeggios forever.

If you haven't heard Kavinsky's Outrun, go directly to youtube and listen to it all the way through. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1s7L8gQMbs&list=PLxdMVLrqcXYN-OtThTTwxh2UNiwKzOJF5 (In particular Protovision, Testarossa Overdrive and Nightcall).

fadam posted:

I know it's been said a thousand times, but the music in this game really is phenomenal. The song that plays during the power plant mission not only made that level tolerable, but set the perfect mood for the mission.

That's a great one too. It just feels so... climactic? And strangely upbeat compared to the other songs on the soundtrack.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 21, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd just like to mention the song She Swallowed Burning Coals is also great.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Went back to it and beat it in like 10 minutes tonight

HLM2 is like learning the drums, when you get ultra pissed and frustrated just walk away for a day or two and you'll breeze through what bothered you

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Surprisingly Dope posted:

I'm on it now but haven't gotten past the 1st part. Should I use the flamethrower or sniper you think?

sniper, the flamer can't fire thru windows which fucks you in screen 3

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Just started going through the soundtrack on Youtube and saw a comment that reflected a thought I had just the moment before - the title menu theme really seems more fitting once you've finished the game.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oxyclean posted:

Just started going through the soundtrack on Youtube and saw a comment that reflected a thought I had just the moment before - the title menu theme really seems more fitting once you've finished the game.

And the background

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJW1EiuxRWU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wow. :stare:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
"Gotta get a grip!" is the "Do you like hurting other people" of Wrong Number

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Was getting frustrated with this last night, so I went back and played the original and blew through it in a couple of hours with pretty high scores. Say what you want about 2, but its certainly made me a better Hotline Miami player.

Also something cool I didn't expect, you actually stumble on Jake's corpse during one of the original's missions, that was a neat surprise.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Ugh, this games plot gives me a headache, what with what obviously happens in HM1 and the alternates in this one, which is correct, if any.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm on the second? screen of Casualties where you enter the building with glass on both sides, and holy gently caress is it frustratingly hard.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Firstborn posted:

I'm on the second? screen of Casualties where you enter the building with glass on both sides, and holy gently caress is it frustratingly hard.

Think that's the third

If you a bitch like me you can snipe out everyone armed in the left and right room thru the glass from outside the entry door. After that you can bait out all the melee guys and slash em and the rest of the screen isn't bad

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm gonna have to replay it. My own fault, but my gun is empty.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Firstborn posted:

I'm gonna have to replay it. My own fault, but my gun is empty.

the sniper rifle is the correct answer to that level

I tried using the shotty and there is literally no beating that level without the expanded scroll view

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

So when the level editor comes out i'm assuming someone will mod Tony into Wolverine, right.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

So when the level editor comes out i'm assuming someone will mod Tony into Wolverine, right.

I hope we at least have custom sprites, if not custom characters. Give me all the terrible sprite edits.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Just comin in here to say the game is rad and i'm so bad i can't beat it on normal (stuck on Demolition, i know the trick i just can't do it consistently) and i have 0 S's, like 2 A's, and almost everything else is a C. Welp that's my story, music is really good story is cool and i like the Payday crossover stuff.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
And here I thought I was imagining all those times where an enemy would appear behind me from an area I'd cleared out completely.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

do you think it is a coincidence that alex and ash wear swan masks and that the chainsaw sounds sort of like a goose or swan honk when you swing it

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

hahaha this might be the first twitch streamer i've actually laughed at

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This soundtrack was arguably a better purchase than the game itself.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Thief posted:

hahaha this might be the first twitch streamer i've actually laughed at

Genuinely just howled with laughter at that.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
My god, did you guys know you can extend Corey's dodge roll by pressing space longer ? loving hell, Death Wish might be really easier now.

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 21, 2015

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

Ledgy posted:

My god, did you guys know you can extend Corey's dodge roll by pressing space longer ? loving hell, Death Wish might be really easier now.

loving hell

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Ledgy posted:

Welp! :vince: I still have some stages to A+ then.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ledgy posted:

Holy poo poo put this in the op

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Sleeveless posted:

awkwardly crowbarring in their fursonas

:smug:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

This soundtrack was arguably a better purchase than the game itself.

I feel this game has flaws and it's not like, blowing me away in quality like the first game did. Still, I am playing it like a loving "unlock the next song" simulator. And it pleases me.

Any info on Level Editor release date? Specific date? Or just like, weeks? Months? Days?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Feenix posted:

I feel this game has flaws and it's not like, blowing me away in quality like the first game did. Still, I am playing it like a loving "unlock the next song" simulator. And it pleases me.

Any info on Level Editor release date? Specific date? Or just like, weeks? Months? Days?

The season of spring 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Got my first S Rank on Into The Pit on Hard Mode :smug:

Still not sure what's going in the level plotwise (just some thugs destroying bodies in acid?), but it's pretty short and fun. Pretty easy to combo. Next up is Dead Ahead and this might be where I stop playing Hard Mode...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I kept waiting for the new Russian drug to be made out of (chemically dissolved) people and it never happened. :(

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

moths posted:

I kept waiting for the new Russian drug to be made out of (chemically dissolved) people and it never happened. :(

Purple Green is people !!

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

moths posted:

when the level editor is out i'll make your fanfiction come true

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

sniper, the flamer can't fire thru windows which fucks you in screen 3

lol got to 3rd screen with flamethrower, and yup, had to give up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The flamethrower actually can fire through windows, even ones that aren't broken. You just have to be pressed basically up against them so the barrel pokes through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CJacobs posted:

The flamethrower actually can fire through windows, even ones that aren't broken. You just have to be pressed basically up against them so the barrel pokes through.

Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried with the flamethrower and I can confirm it works. I like having an AK guy suddenly go into his "What the hell?" turning animation just in time to get a face full of burning gas. :flame:

• Locked thread