Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Opopanax posted:

So? You can't be suspicious of someone who isn't already under suspicion?

Me tooing is now 100% a scum tell, Ernie just told us so.

Rurea posted:

Eccos thing was bullshit hth.

I wanted to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Because...?

because they're arguing from a position of weakness against everyone not on their side

they're actively convincing everyone of their position, instead of arguing everyone else down from suspicion

the reason scum don't overdo the first is because when they flip it's easy to see who isn't on their team based on how they tried to overcome that person's logic. the second one is ambiguous because it could be bussing! that's my reasoning.

:D

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie, what do you think of Ecco?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Little Mac posted:

byers, what do you think of Ecco?

I think you're coming off as worse, honestly. Tell me why Ecco is scum, maybe I agree. Just say she's scum over and over, and it looks like you're trying to purposefully dig a tunnel using a garden hoe.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

because they're arguing from a position of weakness against everyone not on their side

they're actively convincing everyone of their position, instead of arguing everyone else down from suspicion

the reason scum don't overdo the first is because when they flip it's easy to see who isn't on their team based on how they tried to overcome that person's logic. the second one is ambiguous because it could be bussing! that's my reasoning.

:D

Just to make sure I understand, you're saying it was so bad and the defense has been so devoid of logic that they have to be scum?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Just to make sure I understand, you're saying it was so bad and the defense has been so devoid of logic that they have to be scum?

i'm saying mixing it up is what scum tend to do because their role mechanics necessitate it! the shotgun method of convincing any and everyone is something scum instinctually avoid.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

i'm saying mixing it up is what scum tend to do because their role mechanics necessitate it! the shotgun method of convincing any and everyone is something scum instinctually avoid.

Because he's responding to everyone, he's not scum?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I invite other people to look at yuming. This does not read like a town yuming.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Little Mac posted:

Blame yourself. Or God.

I love you for this post.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Because he's responding to everyone, he's not scum?

you're still missing the details of the argument byers

when you're scum, why don't you instinctively answer any suspicion against you with the words 'yes, i understand your viewpoint, but you absolutely positively must unvote me'

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers2142 posted:

I think you're coming off as worse, honestly. Tell me why Ecco is scum, maybe I agree. Just say she's scum over and over, and it looks like you're trying to purposefully dig a tunnel using a garden hoe.

I did already! Ecco is scum because she deliberately caused confusion among the town in an effort to either get attention off herself before she abandoned the thread for a day OR in an effort get someone else lynched. There's no conceivable pro-town reason for her to lie about Rurea scum-claiming and then ninja editing ("He then scumclaimed but quickly retracted it."). It's so easy to hide behind jokes that a strong player like Ecco can do scummy things during jokephase and people will ignore it but I think that whole "page 9" thing pings me as scummy.

I would also vote Opop, who jumped on KB immediately after Ecco called him scummy for fence-sitting (which is stupid) but then also proclaimed to have not read the thread.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

nah that's dumb, if I were scum I wouldn't be doing anything like this. I would be playing it smooth, trying to lead the town rather than make hilarious jokes about space-time.

HOLY poo poo

##Vote EccoRaven

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers2142 posted:

Well, scum yuming doesn't post at all, so

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Is your argument 100% meta? It looks like it to me. I don't like those cases. I have zero read right now on yuming.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Also Ecco is super scummy to me right now. Space/time joke, doesn't like rolling start

EccoRaven posted:

##vote ernie broke rolling start

Also, I actually found this kinda suspicious early on, even though it was joke phase.

EccoRaven posted:

I'm glad you did that because it was scummy as heck but me doing it would be "oh gosh ecco such OMGUS let me vote you instead!" which is very dumb but alas.

##vote rurea

Far too concerned about pre-explaining actions. And that previous, "If I were scum..." I feel strongly about this case.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The vote on Ernie is not scummy in fact all votes on Ernie in all games are actually inherently townie regardless of alignment

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

Killing randomly is a townier move than a targeted kill? How is that even remotely true?

##vote CShark

KB was suspicious, I'm not sure why people keep calling this a random vig. It was a good shot.

##vote Ecco On board with this, the aloofness looks scummy to me. Sorry ernie, hope it's ok that I agree with people

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

you're still missing the details of the argument byers

when you're scum, why don't you instinctively answer any suspicion against you with the words 'yes, i understand your viewpoint, but you absolutely positively must unvote me'

Maybe I'm missing it because that's what I do as scum when I can't out-logic a case.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (3): LordVorbis, Ernie., Poison Mushroom, Ernie., Little Mac, Poison Mushroom, LordVorbis, LordVorbis, Opopanax
Shark Mafia (2): Max, Ghostly Gangsta, LordVorbis, Max, Byers2142, LordVorbis
Ghostly Gangsta (2): yuming, Max
Rurea (1): Byers2142, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Byers2142, Little Mac, Ernie., Byers2142, Ernie., Byers2142
LordVorbis (1): Ernie.
Poison Mushroom (1): HiipFire, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, EccoRaven, Little Mac
Ernie. (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Byers2142 (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (4): Poison Mushroom, Poque, Rurea, Shark Mafia

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to hang. The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Maybe I'm missing it because that's what I do as scum when I can't out-logic a case.

your posting restriction isn't helping :(

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

LordVorbis posted:

Is your argument 100% meta? It looks like it to me. I don't like those cases. I have zero read right now on yuming.

Yes, it is, and usually I'm right there with you regarding meta. But in this case, yuming's aggressively attacking someone she spent all of the game that just ended defending, excusing Rurea's shot altogether, and calling Shark 3P and not voting. That doesn't line up.

Little Mac posted:

Well, scum yuming doesn't post at all, so

That's Asiina, not yuming. yuming's lack of posting is usually LoL induced,

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

your posting restriction isn't helping :(

I don't have a posting restriction?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

I don't have a posting restriction?

then why are you so antagonistic?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

yuming posted:

##vote gg

Tell me more about the crazy things you read.

This you call "aggressively attacking?"

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

KB was suspicious, I'm not sure why people keep calling this a random vig. It was a good shot.

##vote Ecco On board with this, the aloofness looks scummy to me. Sorry ernie, hope it's ok that I agree with people

Shark killed the person who answered his query, that's not a shot targeting KB for his play.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

then why are you so antagonistic?

...what?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Little Mac posted:

This you call "aggressively attacking?"

Yeah, a vote to make him explain is overly aggressive. A vote is an attack. Especially given everything else in the game, that stands out.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Eh, I don't see it, man.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Shark killed the person who answered his query, that's not a shot targeting KB for his play.

shark's personal take on the matter is:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707593&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post443019603

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

am i the only one who sees byers posting completely differently from his normal self?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

am i the only one who sees byers posting completely differently from his normal self?

I'm interested in answers to this as well, actually. Am I?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

The question is would he have killed anyone who answered the question or was that coincidence? And if he would just kill the first player to answer how does that make sense as a scum power or play

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Let's go away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbZk-Ar6a6w

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I don't know what kind of game Ernie is playing, but it isn't a town one.

Sorry, Ernie. :smith:

##vote Ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't know what kind of game Ernie is playing, but it isn't a town one.

Sorry, Ernie. :smith:

##vote Ernie

i can't defend against this...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Go re read what happened. It wasn't targeted. Anyone could have been caught in that trap that killed KB. Do you understand that?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Opopanax posted:

The question is would he have killed anyone who answered the question or was that coincidence? And if he would just kill the first player to answer how does that make sense as a scum power or play

I think it's accepted that the phrase was rigged to kill whoever said it. No one would have if Shark hadn't asked that question.

Why are you defending Shark so much?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

Why are you defending Shark so much?

Because I had my vote on KB and I'm glad it went down the way it did.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

what

I agree with you, but let's vote along with the single weakest vote in the game thus far, including the joke votes?

I explained it later. Excuse the brevity for now. I'm gone posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Because I had my vote on KB and I'm glad it went down the way it did.

You're glad we lost town?

• Locked thread