Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Some walls from my old apartment I recently moved out of:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty
Oct 22, 2007

that sparklewall is dreamy :love:

ty crap

ty landy

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
The only thing on my walls are two french star wars posters and a Beatles poster with Pete Best.

----------------

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I don't even speak french.

----------------

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

This wall owns

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Some walls from my old apartment I recently moved out of:

Were the walls like that when you moved in, or did you have to paint over them again before you moved out?

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Mills posted:

I made this thread so that people could post pictures of what they have hanging on their wall, and maybe a share a story behind it. You don't have to be a particularly sophisticated art goon to know what you like (or to talk about it) so my hope is that everyone feels welcome in this thread. Feel free to just post pictures with the stories if the stories don't interest you; you're still welcome to share!

I've picked three things from my own home. Please excuse the image quality and I haven't worked out how to stop getting reflections of myself in the glass so enjoy some vague shots of me.

---

The stuff on your walls is really cool. I love that snowman. But I had some questions about this one. What's this actually made of, and when you bought it,w as it already framed because it seems like you';d need to get a custom frame made for something like that.

Also that setup with the doors and the piece in the middle is really great.

Salmiakki
Jul 11, 2014

bad phone pix

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Salmiakki
Jul 11, 2014

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

a friend and local artist somehow ended up with a shitload of aluminum siding, and decided to cut it into reasonable-size pieces and attempt to make something cool out of it

i got this for trade, which is good because i didn't have fiddybuck at the time

it's hard to tell but the non-pacman-ghost alien things are cool little 3d sculptures glued on

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

Art

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

dogcrash truther posted:

This wall owns

Were the walls like that when you moved in, or did you have to paint over them again before you moved out?

I painted them and left them forgoing a portion of my deposit

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

well i could post pictures in here all day but i'll try to restrain myself

this is one of a set of 2.

i got them for $15 at goodwill

local photographer, local otter

this is a crazy quilt i've been working on for years. every time i go to put the backing on i decide it needs just one more thing and i wind up spending more hours on it. so i finally just tacked it on the wall without the backing. so now it can haunt me every day

i'm reasonably certain that they call them crazy quilts because you have to be crazy to do one

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

ok just one more. my daughter's wall

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok just one more. my daughter's wall

Is that a stencil or what?

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

dogcrash truther posted:

Is that a stencil or what?

they're stickers you can buy. this one came in like 6 sheets i think. lining them up is kind of a challenge, but they don't damage the wall so you can just peel them off when you get tired of them

Lil Cunty
Oct 22, 2007

holy poo poo duckie that crazy quilt has stolen my heart

I have a box of old scraps and rags that are too pretty to throw away and I keep saying someday I'll learn to quilt and make a crazy quilt out of them and this clinches it. you're such an inspiration :glomp:

ty crap

ty landy

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Jimi Changa posted:

holy poo poo duckie that crazy quilt has stolen my heart

I have a box of old scraps and rags that are too pretty to throw away and I keep saying someday I'll learn to quilt and make a crazy quilt out of them and this clinches it. you're such an inspiration :glomp:

oh good now you'll have your own obsession to haunt you for years

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

claiming a square on wd's scrap quilt

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Old print of Vancouver I think that I inherited

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
uh

Lil Cunty
Oct 22, 2007

Qwerinty posted:

I have nothing on my walls currently

check your mail in approximately 5 to 7 business days

ty crap

ty landy

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

there's supposed to be a dota 2 2013 roster poster on my wall right now but there isn't. I'm gonna hang it back up soon.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I used to have the posters that came with WWE magazine covering my walls, but I got rid of them.

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Luvcow posted:

cool

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Luvcow posted:

Who'd you inherit it from and why did you keep it?

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
picture of a airplane and another of a sailboat. do you want to know more?

microsoft flight simulator

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

FakeBlood posted:

picture of a airplane and another of a sailboat. do you want to know more?

pics or it didn't happen

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Behold my lovely phone camera.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Al Borland posted:

Behold my lovely phone camera.

neither of those looks like a phone camera :confused:

ty manifisto

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bad cell picture of an amazing Ron Color Original, printed and shipped to me by a Very Good Friend.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
No amazing art, but I do have a couple of lovely posters

Back when I was obsessed with Pingu circa 2011/2012

Poster for a documentary on rabbit shows. I actually attended its premiere, which was at the ARBA National Convention (which is basically the rabbit equivalent of, like, the Eukanuba dog show). The little pamphlet in the DVD case for this documentary has pictures of that premier and I'm front and center in one of the pictures, lol.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
I lied. There's a couple of small paintings hanging in one of our bathrooms, of all places. One is by an artist named Hihwea-yea (I assume Native American, not only because of the name but because this painting, I believe, was passed down to my mother from her mother's will; her mother was something like 1/4 or 1/8 Native American), and I believe the other painting is from the same artist as well.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

i'm at work

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

Vendor Trash posted:

Bad cell picture of an amazing Ron Color Original, printed and shipped to me by a Very Good Friend.

that's actually really great

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

I used to have a huge archery face (target, not an actual face) up on the wall that I got my first spider (bullseye) on. it had hundreds of holes in it because it was used for practice a lot but it was still cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

dogcrash truther posted:

The stuff on your walls is really cool. I love that snowman. But I had some questions about this one. What's this actually made of, and when you bought it,w as it already framed because it seems like you';d need to get a custom frame made for something like that.

They're listed as "mixed media" but as far as I can tell all the little colour rectangles are small pieces of wood, some painted, some with pictures glued on.

It came framed but I think you could get something like that framed yourself. They just need to mount the piece to something (like a piece of wood) and then enclose the frame around that.

• Locked thread