Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Monaghan posted:

well it looks like lady's original custom is modified so that they can keep showing a ridiculous amount of cleavage.
It's kind of dumb yeah, but almost fitting with how dumb GloriaTrish looked and Dante's outfit and stuff. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

[e]: Alternatively, to give Vergil more style and a modern flair (seriously, he'd be laughed out of a bar dressed as he is):

"M'playable Lady."

In DMC4:SE: Definitive Edition, Vergil will lose his fedora again.

Fereydun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2homPuDF6o&t=50s

they took the most interesting part of him from DmC which was him having 2 swords that instantly teleported him or the opponent next to each other while not affecting his actual motions allowing for really insane combos and radically speeding up the pace of combat with him

I hope they also added Just Frames for some of his moves too, like in DmC. Not really unique (Dante uses JFs with Gilgamesh), but they worked well and helped switched up the pacing between rapid hits and slow heavy-hitters.
Imagine what a JF'd Rapid Slash would be like :hellyeah:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

toasterwarrior posted:

In DMC4:SE: Definitive Edition, Vergil will lose his fedora again.

A fedora will fall onto his head.
He looks in the mirror.

"Not in a million years"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He looks in the mirror.

"Not in a million years"

I'd send Capcom another 60 bux for this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He looks in the mirror.

"Not in a million years"

yes

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm guessing that Vergil will act like in 3 Special Edition, since by the sound of it they kept his teleport-swords from the reboot DLC and that sounds like it could translate really easily into Nero's grab things (I seem to remember them being called Grim Grips for some reason). Although the question is are there seperate campaigns for Nero/Dante, Lady/Trish and Vergil or do you just select a character based on chapter and split proud souls between everyone like how Nero/Dante worked? I seriously hope the latter, because getting a full health bar in 4 was a bitch and I have bad memories of some of the secret missions with Vergil in 3 Special Edition (that loving railcart).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It'll probably include trick up/down with an upgraded air trick that takes you to the enemy.
Along with the minor damage that comes with the swords. If it hitstuns or extends a juggle that would be seriously gamebreaking though.

I wonder if concentration is linked to style.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 24, 2015

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Pressing the analog stick to far to start running breaks Concentration.

Not really but there is an insane LP of Dmc3 Vergil mode where the rules are the player never takes a hit and never runs.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

notZaar posted:

Not really but there is an insane LP of Dmc3 Vergil mode where the rules are the player never takes a hit and never runs.

"Boss Mode" Vergil would legitimately be a badass way to fight. Maybe that's how Concentration is kinda supposed to work: harsh penalties to Style and damage by spamming moves, so you're encouraged to go for big hits. Also, always be taunting and always let Vergil sheathe his sword.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

notZaar posted:

could I have a link to this please

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
The time has come and so have I
I'll laugh last cause you came to die
The damage done~the pain subsides
And I can see the fear clear when I look in your eye.
~
I never kneel and I'll never rest
You can tear the heart from my chest
I'll make you see what I do best,
I'll succeed as you breathe your very last breath.
~
Now I know how the angel fell [just kneel]
I know the tale and I know it too well [just bow]
I'll make you wish you had a soul to sell [soul to sell]
When I strike you down and send you straight to hell
~
My army comes from deep within
Beneath my soul--beneath my skin
As you're ending, I'm about to begin
My strength~His bane~and I will never give in.
~
I'll tell you now I'm the one to survive
You never break my faith or my stride
I'll have you choke on your own demise
I make the angel scream, and the devil cry

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo
This is a good week for DMC fans.

I pray that there's more work done on the Soundtrack because DMC games are great but one thing they lack is the Soundtrack to match the Gameplay.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
What else are they changing in the SE? Do you think we'll get an answer to the most important question in DMC: what does Dante scream after Nevan turns into the guitar?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Buck Turgidson posted:

What else are they changing in the SE? Do you think we'll get an answer to the most important question in DMC: what does Dante scream after Nevan turns into the guitar?

I'm pretty sure it was "WELCOOOME Y'ALLLLLL". The darkest secret of DMC: Dante is really into Southern rock.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

could I have a link to this please

I can't find it but I'm positive it was on YT at some point.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm pretty sure it was "WELCOOOME Y'ALLLLLL". The darkest secret of DMC: Dante is really into Southern rock.

why do you think he wore cowboy boots in 4

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Holy poo poo this is great.

I wonder if Vergil is getting just Yamato.
The concentration system sounds like it would only really work for the Yamato.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

I wonder if Vergil is getting just Yamato.
The concentration system sounds like it would only really work for the Yamato.

We've already seen the Force Edge* (high time, ground combo), and Beowulf (aerial Rising Sun into Lunar Phase), so everything's back.

*Or at least some other sword. The thing in the trailer is black and has a purple glow around it so who knows what it actually is.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

We've already seen the Force Edge* (high time, ground combo), and Beowulf (aerial Rising Sun into Lunar Phase), so everything's back.

*Or at least some other sword. The thing in the trailer is black and has a purple glow around it so who knows what it actually is.

He also does Round Trip (throw sword at dudes) with Yamato, though that might just be insane cutscene bullshit per tradition.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think a thread name change is in order.

'Lets discuss Devil May Cry and hype about the upcoming rerelease.'

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

NTRKouhai posted:

This is a good week for DMC fans.

I pray that there's more work done on the Soundtrack because DMC games are great but one thing they lack is the Soundtrack to match the Gameplay.

Agreed. DMC special edition was secretly the best on the 360 because you could play your own soundtrack

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wow trolls!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

I think a thread name change is in order.

'Lets discuss Devil May Cry and hype about the upcoming rerelease.'

Since Beef Waifu has mod powers and he's reading this thread then he can go ahead and rename it to whatever he wants.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beef Waifu's mod powers require a huge amount of anime to work, I think it'll be okay in this case though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu would be laughed out of any bar outside of Tokyo with those mod powers.

So I guess it depends on how much this thread resembles a Tokyo bar.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
RIP to the Beef Waifu when Bayonetta 2 is still the best action game after DMC4SE's release

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

RIP to the Beef Waifu when Bayonetta 2 is still the best action game after DMC4SE's release

Do the different weapons significantly change how you play when you swap from one to another or are they the same as bayo 1's where they're gimmicks are nice but largely unimportant?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Do the different weapons significantly change how you play when you swap from one to another or are they the same as bayo 1's where they're gimmicks are nice but largely unimportant?

They do change your playstyle. Not like absurdly so but the various weapons have really different gimmicks. Stuff like Kafka (the bow) or the giant electric hammer require you to approach fights differently and even the similar weapons swap things up a bit. It's really an incredibly good game.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Does the pope poo poo in the woods?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Does the pope poo poo in the woods?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah looks like Force Edge:

And a super clear Beowulf in the bottom picture:

I like the customised HUDS for Lady and Trish; though I wonder what the DT gauge is going to do for Lady (assuming it's not just DT by another name).

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

There's far fewer gun type weapons, a lot of them feel more unique. They're not all great though, sort of an even trade off in my opinion.

I'm willing to bet that Lady's DT is rocket launcher ammo.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

The Savior is coming!

They should stick Vergil in all the cutscenes similar to how Dante appears in Nero's opening cutscene.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Pbaby, I will find you, we live in the same state.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
gently caress what you heard, it's what you hearin:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Waifu posted:

Pbaby, I will find you, we live in the same state.

please do not doxx in the devil may cry thread

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

gently caress what you heard, it's what you hearin:

People keep saying this game is good, I hated it plus it's got zero style.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

notZaar posted:

Agreed. Clunky controls, clunky camera, unappealing characters, punishes failure rather than rewards success, and gives no real incentive to mix up your technique. It's hard, and that's kinda cool, but it didn't have much else going for it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

notZaar posted:

Yeah , Ryu doesn't even fight in his Sunday best.

Ninja Gaiden Black is still pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Are there graphical overhauls in DMC4SE vs. the PC version? I can't remember if the game looked that good before.

• Locked thread