Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am around all night if you want me to prod players. Most players have posted today, though.

NEW PAGE:

:c: Day 1 Votecount :c:

jedit (5): merk, Quandary, LM, PMom, Amoeba, -Amoeba, imgay

Somber (3): Ninth, CPig, -Ninth, Anonnarco, Asiina, Ninth, -Asiina
AnonymousNarcotics (3): Somber, Amoeba, QPQ

PMom (1): Keane
merk (1): Somber, Ninth, -Somber, -Ninth, Amoeba, Asiina, -Amoeba
Quandary (1): merk, -merk, merk, -merk, 100Yrs

:h: 20 alive 11 to execute.
:d: Deadline 11:30 EST, or in about 2 1/4 hours from this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Assuming there are not enough votes to lynch Narco (which we might not have this close to the deadline), does everyone have an alternative candidate in mind?

I like Quandary for the lynch over jedit, but would be fine with either.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll be going to lunch soon, but since it's 2 hours - I'll be back well before deadline.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Narcotics: Does your role explicitly state that you are both pro-town confirmed masons? Are you misreading or assuming anything that is not actually in the PM?

Amoeba102 posted:

Is it literally your role as confirmed mason?

:siren: YO, NARCOTICS. ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT ARE DIRECTED TOWARD YOU. :siren:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

CCKeane's posting in Taste's game but not here as deadline approaches.

Yes, I am catching up on both.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

We should probably vote out Narco because we have either: They are lying and scum, or this game is designed poorly. I'd rather get an answer to that D1.

An asymmetric masonry would not be unheard of (it's something I have considered for my setup) but it would be a strange game for Narco to have merk as a confirmed mason but for merk not to know he is confirmed town to Narco. Hard for me to reconcile that bit.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If the roles are literally different that's bad. If it's something else - well I'd like to hear from Narco first.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't think Jedit is scum but I'll vote that way if that's the only option on the table. I would still rather lynch Somber. With that said we're not getting anybody if half the thread is absent.

Honestly I think you're just locked on and wrong and I think you need to step back before Somber pulls you down to the briny deep as you stab him with a harpoon, stabbing him from hell's heart, spitting your last breath at him, for hate's sake.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Assuming there are not enough votes to lynch Narco (which we might not have this close to the deadline), does everyone have an alternative candidate in mind?

I like Quandary for the lynch over jedit, but would be fine with either.

I am pretty neutral on Quandary and would be fine voting him.

I don't want to lynch Narco for this masonry stuff because I don't have a compelling reason for why Narco as scum would call merk confirmed town unless they were both scum which would be one goofy WIFOM gambit (though not out of the question I suppose).

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Honestly I think you're just locked on and wrong and I think you need to step back before Somber pulls you down to the briny deep as you stab him with a harpoon, stabbing him from hell's heart, spitting your last breath at him, for hate's sake.

I don't see better lynches out there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't see better lynches out there.

How do you feel about 100?

Anyone is free to answer.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

Leaning town. Has talked about most of the game and in a manner I've found agreeable.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

Meh. No strong feelings. Hasn't been on my radar.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

winvirus posted:

i will play this game,......and actually put in effort :wow:

Ironically winvirus has not posted since Sunday.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
There's definitely a ridiculous situation going on here but I'd rather not further back myself into a corner or gently caress over anyone. Yes this whole thing is stupid, but does it make me scum? No.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Narco, literally type out your role.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

There's definitely a ridiculous situation going on here but I'd rather not further back myself into a corner or gently caress over anyone. Yes this whole thing is stupid, but does it make me scum? No.

how would clarifying what is happening back you into any more of a corner than you are now

just help me understand

tell me why i should not vote for you, not just for the masonry, but also because you're post history is the most bland white noise in all mafia history

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Dude talks a lot but I'm feeling town.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The part where it goes "You are ________ and you are ________-aligned." What is the first blank.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Amoeba102 posted:

The part where it goes "You are ________ and you are ________-aligned." What is the first blank.

Stop role fishing. I'm not going to answer that.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

oh my god

oh my god

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's not role fishing if you have claimed. It's clarification.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

lol

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Okay, yeah, I'd vote Narco.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Here is every post merk has made in which he discussed me:

merk posted:

No, this is the right vote. ##unvote; ##vote Quandary

Look at Quandary's content today. It consists of the following reads:
Glock: "townie as poo poo"
imgay: "i like this guy"
CPig: "i do not understand the CPig case"

Jedit: "this is the scummiest post in the thread" based off of a numerrik vote
100Yrs: "this vote is straight scummy 101"

Not a single Quandary read advances scum hunting discussion in any way. When he calls a player scum, he does so without really saying why, without prodding that player, and without trying to persuade others to vote with him. He wants to be background noise with his scum reads.

Compare that to when Quandary calls someone town, which he does so in connection to other player cases. He's taking opportunity to talk negatively about cases made by others without advancing any cases of his own that actually matter.

This is what a d1 scum player looks like: make it look like you're contributing without saying anything that will bite you in the rear end three or four days from now. This is scummy 101.

merk posted:

This is going to sound completely backwards, but I'd vote Jedit solely for the post that sparked Quandary's vote. It was a driveby vote on numerrik that didn't do anything.

merk posted:

Actually, I will leave my vote on ##unvote; ##vote Jedit

Jedit didn't get into the game at all until the numerrik debate where he gladly posts paragraphs. He made a driveby vote which came under scrutiny and then he puffed up his chest to defend it. I think his approach to numerrik is very scummy.

In summary: his entire case on me is that I "drive-by voted" a player he thinks is scum - which, according to him, is scummy - then went on to justify my vote with a case when asked to - which, according to him, is scummy. In the process I triggered a player he also thinks is scum to vote for me - which, according to him, is scummy. He's also pushing me for low effort posting followed by high(er) effort posting when I had been perfectly clear about not being able to post in detail until Monday evening UK time because I was travelling, and he dropped a better case on Quandary to do it.

Pinterest Mom posted:

TNL, this is the Jedit post that's scummy.

"I'm pretty drat sure that Quandary and Pin Mom are not on the same team" specifically is something that makes no sense. He's discounting the possibility of a town/town slap-fight and implying that one of us is scum because...

Quandary voted for you because you claimed a team name other than Town. Why would he vote you for that if he also had the same name and knew you were a good guy?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jedit posted:

Quandary voted for you because you claimed a team name other than Town. Why would he vote you for that if he also had the same name and knew you were a good guy?

To be clear, that's what you meant by

Jedit posted:

Lest you think I'm tunnelling: other people on my "shopping list" for today are T9L, Pin Mom and Quandary. I already explained the first, but for the other I'm pretty drat sure that Quandary and Pin Mom are not on the same team. I am phone posting right now and will not be around at deadline because it's 3am here, but there's a window between where I should be able to explain in more detail.

"explaining in more detail" how me and Quandary aren't on the same team?

l
o
l

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The only way I can fathom a player being this resistant to clarify is if clarifying would prevent them from playing the game any further. Narcotics's behavior suggests that she is either scum or an anti-town 3P who slipped up in an attempt to get town cred. I have no qualms in lynching her today and would encourage everyone to support her vote.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I should have gone to bed an hour ago. Looking at the last hour, Narco really is starting to act suspicious over nothing. Having claimed the meat, why so reluctant to claim the flavour?

##vote Narco

Good night.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

The only way I can fathom a player being this resistant to clarify is if clarifying would prevent them from playing the game any further. Narcotics's behavior suggests that she is either scum or an anti-town 3P who slipped up in an attempt to get town cred. I have no qualms in lynching her today and would encourage everyone to support her vote.

She could have a power role on top of being mason.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##unvote

##vote narcotics

I'm not buying what you're selling, but I believe Merk.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Little Mac posted:

##unvote

##vote narcotics

I'm not buying what you're selling, but I believe Merk.

What does believing merk have to do with voting ANarc?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pinterest Mom posted:

What does believing merk have to do with voting ANarc?

Merk says he was told they're in an unconfirmed masonry. Anon says they're confirmed. I think she's lying to seem townie.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

There is a clear contradiction which should not be ignored. Narco isn't being transparent enough either for me to accept that it's not a result of her lying.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Just gimme a few minutes guys. I'll talk.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Or I will.

ANarc and I are confirmed masons who share an alignment. She's not scum.

I thought I was town because all scum have to be dead for me to win and I have a confirmed masonry.
ta~da~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Just gimme a few minutes guys. I'll talk.

This is going to be good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pinterest Mom posted:

Or I will.

ANarc and I are confirmed masons who share an alignment. She's not scum.

I thought I was town because all scum have to be dead for me to win and I have a confirmed masonry.
ta~da~

What

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote
##vote:PMom

Hooray!