Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No, you've scared me into revealing my true nature and caught me in my web of lies, oh grandmaster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

interesting :D

i asked that question because it had a simple response that I wanted to see if you'd say (if you're being honest):

1) You don't know when/if you'll be killed
2) You think you won't be because you're on the list and are helping scum hide

But the fact that you gave me this answer tells me that scum Rurea would have withheld the extra vote and said the vig was the true ability they had until LyLo/MyLo, considering we were cuddling a 3p

Yes.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote max

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ecco's cop worked and told her that 3 of the 6 people on her list were scum.

That list is

EccoRaven posted:

HiipFire
Little Mac
Max
Opopanax
Rurea
Shark Mafia

Additionally, here's what Ecco told us about her role:

EccoRaven posted:

If a tracker tracks me, they will see me target players in the game who do not wind up dead and who otherwise will report no negative effects from being targeted.

If a watcher watches one of my targets and gets told what I did, they will not post in the thread the next day saying "aha! ecco IS scum!"

EccoRaven posted:

flat just confirmed that it is a targeting role. So, a tracker or watch her would easily see me

If you are actually untargetable, then that result would mean that you, personally, must know that Ecco's cop didn't work fully and would've told her to list how she divided her ecco cops yesterday to get an even more accurate location of the scum.

Why didn't you?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
:ghost: Boooo, I got hammered while I was asleep, no fair ;( :ghost:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Also, Opop, you're 3P hunting here at the finish-line, as opposed to scum-hunting where you have a 50% chance.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not 3P hunting, I actually thought Shark was claiming 3P and was asking. And I didn't really know how I felt about the ecco stuff or how that would work, and frankly wasn't paying a lot of attention since a)I had to wake up at 5 for work today and b) It's MsPop's birthday and I was too full of Mexican food to think straight and c)roughly two days happened in between times I could have gotten a handle on things.

Kudos to you for not trying to spring a trap card on me like I assumed you were, though.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I'm not 3P hunting, I actually thought Shark was claiming 3P and was asking. And I didn't really know how I felt about the ecco stuff or how that would work, and frankly wasn't paying a lot of attention since a)I had to wake up at 5 for work today and b) It's MsPop's birthday and I was too full of Mexican food to think straight and c)roughly two days happened in between times I could have gotten a handle on things.

Kudos to you for not trying to spring a trap card on me like I assumed you were, though.

hmm so who do you think the two scum are?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Assuming Ecco was telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and it's entirely possible Ecco was not, then I suppose Shark and either Rurea or Max.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Assuming Ecco was telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and it's entirely possible Ecco was not, then I suppose Shark and either Rurea or Max.

I have to admit that this was a trap :(

I wanted you to say Little Mac so I could say 'aha! why assume little mac is lying about being a vig and the scum kill going missing if you are telling the truth about your role!'

Okay, I think I will agree with everyone to vote Max today. He was the person that was being really cagey around the LordVorbis business that I mentioned D1.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie how dare you, I trusted you.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Ernie how dare you, I trusted you.

Well I just want to feel smart

Your facebook posts are at least 19% funnier than mine

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Assuming Ecco was telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and it's entirely possible Ecco was not, then I suppose Shark

rude

I think we should lynch that opoponax guy he's a real JERK

no but actually max works, out of the remaining three based on reads alone i would lynch opoponax and little max over rurea. One of them has to be scum anyway

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Shark Mafia posted:

rude

I think we should lynch that opoponax guy he's a real JERK

no but actually max works, out of the remaining three based on reads alone i would lynch opoponax and little max over rurea. One of them has to be scum anyway

max and little mac are separate entities :P

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

yeah typos with those two are going to be a problem. all the more reason to lynch one

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi,

I'm a GOOD GUY Sand Mandala. I've been the one sending poo poo mspaint things through the mod. I have the ability to reveal someone's role when I die, provided they critiqued or quoted one of the paintings. I spent most of yesterday trying to get Ecco to both claim her role and say something / quote one of the mspaints so that, in the event of my death, her role could be confirmed. Not useful now.

Day 1 i submitted a painting that looked like our friend goatce without the ring intentionally because I knew someone would point that out. Day 2 was loss.jpg plus a personal jab at ecco to get her to respond. Day 3 I was trying to say something about quoting posts, because I thought people have quoting powers like me.

I may post something today I guess.

Currently, LM and Byers have also quoted the them, so I could choose to reveal one of their roles if I die for whatever reason. Lynching me isn't the worst idea, since I really feel LM is one of the remaining scum.

##vote Little Mac

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I'm going to be at a conference most of today, until like, 5 EST. I could try to check in, but that might not be so great for my current employment, so I won't be able to come back until then.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie. posted:

Okay, I think I will agree with everyone to vote Max today. He was the person that was being really cagey around the LordVorbis business that I mentioned D1.

I don't understand why this would make me a good lynch candidate, but OK.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Little Mac is the remaining scum. *doesn't say why, votes and says he's gonna leave for a long time* "gosh i hope this ball gets rolling please save me town i'm so scared all my scumbuddies are dead"

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
No one visited Ecco last night that I saw, so either I was redirected, she hit a PGO, or there's a ninja. PGO is less likely unless there was a successful protection last night on the scum kill. There's a discrepancy in the PM that I'm having fluigi clarify that might gives us some more information.

We have, as it stands now, the following:

Cleared by Ecco Cop
Byers
Ernie
GG
PMush

Not Cleared by Ecco
Little Mac
Max
Opop
Rurea
Shark

While there is the possibility of a Godfather, there is at most 1 scum in the first group. So for today I'm focusing on the bottom group.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not really. You can vote me if you want.

I did mention you on day 2, briefly. My opinion hasn't changed much.

I should point out I don't confirm alignment, just role when I die.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK seriously, I have to go. I'll see if I can check in, but really I'll actually be around by like, 5 or 6 tonight.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm at Drexel now. Their wifi hates the awful app, so I have to use data to check this thread.

Look, I actually think I'm a good lynch choice, since losing a townie now is less detrimental than when we get closer to lylo.

I would suggest that everyone quote one of my paintings. Doing so would show you're on the level and haven't lied about your role and won't fear your role potentially being revealed. Byers is confirmed, so that's moot, and I have LM in my pocket if no one else does quote my drawings.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And if you think I'm scum, keep in mind that I am actually claiming a role where death is the best way I could help town.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Did I quote your drawing? I gladly will

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

I'm at Drexel now. Their wifi hates the awful app, so I have to use data to check this thread.

Look, I actually think I'm a good lynch choice, since losing a townie now is less detrimental than when we get closer to lylo.

I would suggest that everyone quote one of my paintings. Doing so would show you're on the level and haven't lied about your role and won't fear your role potentially being revealed. Byers is confirmed, so that's moot, and I have LM in my pocket if no one else does quote my drawings.

In what world does learning flavor role warrant a town sacrifice, when flavor is not connected to alignment and there's literally no reason to lie about flavor?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was groggy last night. We learn the role itself, not just flavor.

Byers2142 posted:

In what world does learning flavor role warrant a town sacrifice, when flavor is not connected to alignment and there's literally no reason to lie about flavor?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You did already.

Little Mac posted:

Did I quote your drawing? I gladly will

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

I was groggy last night. We learn the role itself, not just flavor.

You mean the abilities? Because without alignment, all a role is in this game is flavor. Look at the flips.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rurea posted:

Ecco im sorry

##vote Ecco

Rurea posted:

IM JUST KIDDDDDING

##vote hiipfire

This is totality of Rurea's posting from yesterday. So far, Rurea has:

1) Shoot at Ecco in jokephase for no reason, which would be a great way for scum to get an additional kill in.

2) Talk only about Ecco D1. Including this gem:

Rurea posted:

I would totally help you guys but challenging the Ecco makes me lock in both my votes for the day. Livin hard just like we should.
Locking in a vote doesn't stop you from casing other people.

3) The challenge D2, which was to get him more powers. He never talked about anything alignment-based in D2. He was posting during the yuming thing, and he ignored it.

4) His D3 posting above. That looks like a bus because scum are being picked off one by one, and he couldn't go two days without voting for a scumbro.

Rurea's scum. ##vote Rurea

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I agree with you.

##vote Rurea

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now I realize this looks bad coming from someone on the list, but before we get a big ole chain kill going I would like to point out again that Ecco was not town, and we have no real reason to believe they were telling the truth, or more likely that they were telling the entire truth.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I realize that, but I don't really have any solid reason to doubt them, so I'm just running off the idea of "Ecco was on the level."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Now I realize this looks bad coming from someone on the list, but before we get a big ole chain kill going I would like to point out again that Ecco was not town, and we have no real reason to believe they were telling the truth, or more likely that they were telling the entire truth.

Why would she lie? In that situation, telling the truth was the best way to survive.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Hmm

##vote yuming

Shark Mafia posted:

aw mannnnn

##vote yuming

Votes for yuming on D2 by players in the lower levels. If Hiip was yumign's defender, you should see a bus as well, someone that voted for a scumbro because they were caught out by the cop.

Except for Max's current "lynching me is a good town play" comments recently, I don't see anything in his history that reads scum to me.

Shark and yuming were overtly protecting each other D1, and I brought up yuming's strange "3P but I wanna play with him" read on Shark before. I've got a problem, because I like both Rurea and Shark as scum, but I don't like them as scumbros. Rurea is independently scummier, Shark is scummier by association with yuming.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

Why would she lie? In that situation, telling the truth was the best way to survive.

That's why I specified "the whole truth". I think withholding information is more likely than outright lying. Or maybe Ecco was entirely upfront and honest, I just wanted to point it out

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Not Little Mac, why?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

That's why I specified "the whole truth". I think withholding information is more likely than outright lying. Or maybe Ecco was entirely upfront and honest, I just wanted to point it out

That's fair enough, and something to keep in mind in later days, but right now we're probably at 2 scum out of 10 players and scum were threatened enough by Ecco to kill her after her second round of actions. So for now I'm going to focus on that second set of players.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He seems to be telling the truth and has a fairly confirmable role

Also gut, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

That's fair enough, and something to keep in mind in later days, but right now we're probably at 2 scum out of 10 players and scum were threatened enough by Ecco to kill her after her second round of actions. So for now I'm going to focus on that second set of players.

Unless of course Ecco was wrong/lying, and scum killed Ecco in order to cause a giant chain kill that wipes out a bunch of town :tinfoil:

I mean that's a worst case scenario but it's kind of my main concern here.

• Locked thread