Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

It's been stated before that GG is new. I can guess that's why GG thought it was OK to post a role PM, and your assumption is based on someone being a skilled or vet scum player. GG is not that in fact (sorry GG)

No offense taken. I'm dumb as all hell, but knowing what I know now, it would be stupid to claim godfather if I was scum.

For the record, im painfully ashamed of revealing my pm role via quote the way I did. I didn't realize that not doing that was a standard, and I legitimately apologize for mucking up the integrity of the game by doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm ok being mod-killed, I did gently caress up pretty hard.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie. posted:

you know what

this is entirely pointless

i will never vote GG because he posted his role PM

that's a game-breaking post

can i request a modkill on gg?

Will you not vote him because he posted his role PM and you think he should be modkilled, or you won't vote him because posting the PM isn't scummy on his part?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Either way, that's not the reason I want to vote him.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'm ok being mod-killed, I did gently caress up pretty hard.

It's okay. In my first game I talked oot to someone I thought was scum. Turns out they were town and from that point on they couldn't imagine me as scum doing that, so I broke the spirit of the game very similarly to this unintentionally! It's counter-intuitive but there are rules like these to make sure that we don't get at each other's throats because someone might intentionally decide to win games by confirming ourselves with role pms and oot communication.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Max posted:

Will you not vote him because he posted his role PM and you think he should be modkilled, or you won't vote him because posting the PM isn't scummy on his part?

i won't vote him because i personally find it impossible to believe that a scum player would post part of their role pm

that's all

a new scum player would be in constant chatting mode with the game-mod and would ask the mod if it would be okay to post their role pm to confirm themselves

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

the reason i'm so irked by the game right now is that i don't see how you, byers and pmush can all believe that gg is scum after what just happened - i might have been able to be convinced if they hadn't posted their role pm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Ernie. posted:

the reason i'm so irked by the game right now is that i don't see how you, byers and pmush can all believe that gg is scum after what just happened - i might have been able to be convinced if they hadn't posted their role pm

Maybe they're the scum. P mush > Max > Byers

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I could get on board with this

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

That would be 5 scum in a 15 player game plus 3P.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Even without the PM, that was a claimed godfather role. I can not envision any town role that would have that as a qualifier.

Oh I guess my role would make his role name be a problem.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

you know what

this is entirely pointless

i will never vote GG because he posted his role PM

that's a game-breaking post

can i request a modkill on gg?

Yeah, i kind of feel like he's modconfirmed town now

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Rurea posted:

I could get on board with this

Of course you would.

Ok, I'll leave GG alone for now, Ernie. Come lynch Rurea with me.

##vote Rurea

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

That would be 5 scum in a 15 player game plus 3P.

Maybe not all of you, but at least one of you.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi I'm a good guy! By lynching me you wont learn anything because nobody interacted with me and because I've been a selfish glitter-whore this whole game. SORRY! Kill Opop instead

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rurea posted:

Hi I'm a good guy! By lynching me you wont learn anything because nobody interacted with me and because I've been a selfish glitter-whore this whole game. SORRY! Kill Opop instead

? Do you have something similar to me?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, i kind of feel like he's modconfirmed town now

I'm still ok with getting modkilled over what happened. It was idiotic of me.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Max posted:

Even without the PM, that was a claimed godfather role. I can not envision any town role that would have that as a qualifier.

i've seen town godfathers before (they're millers to rolecops!)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Max posted:

? Do you have something similar to me?

I meant that when I flip good-guy, you wont be able to go back and get any useful information from my reads/reactions/interactions. Except maybe if I die you will be convinced opop is scummm!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't have time to reread as i am teaching but didn't deniro guy just claim he only had one power when all of us seem to have two?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Little Mac posted:

I don't have time to reread as i am teaching but didn't deniro guy just claim he only had one power when all of us seem to have two?

His other power is he's a godfather and show's up as Good guy to faction investigations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote rurea Posts on this page alone are absolutely not the kind of posts a townie makes. They are the kind of posts a panicky scum would.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah OK,

##vote Rurea

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Yeah OK,

##vote Rurea

Why are you playing follow the leader with your vote for the last few days?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Max posted:

Explain!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

Mod Note: For future reference, posting or faking posting your role PM is generally grounds for a modkill, but as I elided it from the OP I'm going to let it pass. Don't do it in the future.

In case you missed it, this is my stance on the modkill.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Rurea (3): Byers2142, Max, Byers2142, Max, Byers2142, Opopanax, Max
Opopanax (2): Ghostly Gangsta, Rurea
Ghostly Gangsta (1): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Byers2142, Poison Mushroom, Max, Byers2142, Max
Little Mac (0): Max, Max
Max (0): Rurea, Rurea

Not Voting (3): Ernie., Little Mac, Shark Mafia

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to hang. The current deadline is March 28th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

flatluigi posted:

Mod Note: For future reference, posting or faking posting your role PM is generally grounds for a modkill, but as I elided it from the OP I'm going to let it pass. Don't do it in the future.

Hmm. GG seems too new for some kind of gambit like that, but hmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

Why are you playing follow the leader with your vote for the last few days?

Do you mean real days or game days? Day 2 and 3 felt really open and shut for me, with the Ecco digression, but I've explained my reasoning for that.

In real life days, I've been dividing my time between a lot of things (even though my postcount doesn't indicate it.) Especially today. I didn't have the time to invest in longer posts, and I have a general problem with my playstyle where I don't like to just re-state something that's already been stated pretty well. Things have died down, so I'll play more like day 1 again.

Regarding GG, I was thinking about him on the train. I actually don't 100% buy the godfather claim, only because his active role is very, very similar to mine. What's strange is his passive role that he claimed doesn't actually do anything with his active role, like mine does. What's the point of the posters then? It makes me think that he's actually hiding something about his role and how his powers really interact with each other.

All in all, I would feel more comfortable voting him over someone else today, but if the lynch isn't going to happen, then the lynch isn't going to happen.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The "doesn't do anything else" part, I actually believe, since my active power is also really toothless. (Part of why I used it like I did was trying to make it interesting.)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poison Mushroom posted:

The "doesn't do anything else" part, I actually believe, since my active power is also really toothless. (Part of why I used it like I did was trying to make it interesting.)

What did yours do again?

Mine is pretty innocuous on the surface, it's just that anyone that interacts with my active ability (post pictures) can be targeted by my passive ability. I feel like having an active power of "post Robbie D posters" should translate into a step 2 for that process.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Max posted:

What did yours do again?

Mine is pretty innocuous on the surface, it's just that anyone that interacts with my active ability (post pictures) can be targeted by my passive ability. I feel like having an active power of "post Robbie D posters" should translate into a step 2 for that process.
I send flatluigi a .wav of Microsoft Sam saying something, and it's posted anonymously in the thread. This was paired with a passive of "you're a robot, and someone wants to kill robots".

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess I would say that you can directly post words and send a clear message. I can't. Just posting a poster seems like a similar restriction for me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My promo ability has no other utility.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Again, you can still post a message. Mine were just, you know, pictures.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This actually feels like a pretty tame CYOR (ecco's role nonwithstanding). A lot of us seem to be pretty close to vanilla.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I've honestly barely noticed Opop is in this game, but there's been quite a signal to noise issue throughout, and the days yesterday went by SOOOO fast.

I still kinda don't like Shark at all after the trap business. There have been so many vigs this game, one of them has to belong to scum.

And Rurea, Byers, I agree with you on for your post you made about them. Ignoring the yuming result is the most daming, and watching the constant Ke$ha gifs with not much else seems actively antagonistic to a town that's trying to figure things out at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

As a Sand Mandala, I think it's appropriate for me to say that I'm going to meditate on this game for the night.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

I've honestly barely noticed Opop is in this game, but there's been quite a signal to noise issue throughout, and the days yesterday went by SOOOO fast.

Those are related. You guys got through nearly two full game days while I was in a meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

After those last two days, this game feels like it's dragging now.

Max posted:

Do you mean real days or game days? Day 2 and 3 felt really open and shut for me, with the Ecco digression, but I've explained my reasoning for that.

In real life days, I've been dividing my time between a lot of things (even though my postcount doesn't indicate it.) Especially today. I didn't have the time to invest in longer posts, and I have a general problem with my playstyle where I don't like to just re-state something that's already been stated pretty well. Things have died down, so I'll play more like day 1 again.

Regarding GG, I was thinking about him on the train. I actually don't 100% buy the godfather claim, only because his active role is very, very similar to mine. What's strange is his passive role that he claimed doesn't actually do anything with his active role, like mine does. What's the point of the posters then? It makes me think that he's actually hiding something about his role and how his powers really interact with each other.

All in all, I would feel more comfortable voting him over someone else today, but if the lynch isn't going to happen, then the lynch isn't going to happen.

Real days. It just seems like regardless of who makes the case or who the case is on, you're willing to vote right now.

• Locked thread