Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

I found some files in the beta that suggests there are and that you get temporary buffs from banging the poo poo out of them.

I wonder what Big Durmsey gives you.

a hilarious venereal disease, is my theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

SunAndSpring posted:

The dick

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol Obsidian puts in juvenile prostitute crap, but can't tackle real romances.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol Obsidian puts in juvenile prostitute crap, but can't tackle real romances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9HM3-5rWYo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven't played Citadel yet so forgive me if I don;t spoil myself.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven't played Citadel yet so forgive me if I don;t spoil myself.

ok how about

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

ok how about

You mean the well rounded character voiced by an a-list celebrity whose nuances are only enhanced by his optional romance? What about him?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You mean the well rounded character voiced by an a-list celebrity whose nuances are only enhanced by his optional romance? What about him?

Wasn't his voice actor in Delgo and the live action Scooby Doo movies

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wasn;t his voice actor in blockbuster hollywood films :buddy:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
former writer for wwe

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wasn;t his voice actor in blockbuster hollywood films :buddy:

I think Delgo was the inverse of a blockbuster. To be fair, I thought he was a pretty good Fred in that Scooby-Doo film. And I liked I Know What You Did Last Summer as well.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

former writer for wwe

Goldust'd be an Aqun-Athlok. That's what we call someone born one gender but living as another.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Goldust'd be an Aqun-Athlok. That's what we call someone born one gender but living as another.

:vince:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its gonna be good, OP

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

SunAndSpring posted:

ok how about

he's actually pretty cool

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So wait is there romance stuff in this?

It doesn't bother me too much if there is, so long as it's done well, but most of biowares stuff tends to be too much

Dec 26, 2012

nope

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

tithin posted:

It doesn't bother me too much if there is, so long as it's done well, but most of biowares stuff tends to be too much

no, Obsidian by and large thinks it's dumb and gratuitous.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I should be grateful, that stuff tends to become the focus point of games like this sometimes.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

I found some files in the beta that suggests there are and that you get temporary buffs from banging the poo poo out of them.

A good time at a reasonable price is my guess.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm eager to see how the "psychic but not really a psychic" class plays. Sounds kind of like a paladin in that it buffs urself and debuffs others?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

A good time at a reasonable price is my guess.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm eager to see how the "psychic but not really a psychic" class plays. Sounds kind of like a paladin in that it buffs urself and debuffs others?

Ciphers are probably the best and most interesting class in the game. They are closest to D&D psions.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Disco Infiva posted:

Ciphers are probably the best and most interesting class in the game. They are closest to D&D psions.

What's their gameplay mechanic like?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What's their gameplay mechanic like?

When they deal weapon damage they replenish their power (mana), which they can use for casting spells (some direct damage, some charm/dominate and mostly debuffs). They work well with firearms for big opening and then scaring everyone to death.

Drachenreiter
May 6, 2007

I want you to stick that green spotted egg up my ass so I can incubate it
Hey folks, just a Gamer here in a Forum for Gamers, talking about how I didn't Kickstart Pillars of Eternity, no biggie. I'm a Gamer, by the way.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Extra posted:

Hmm this game is $60 and inquisitor is $15.

If you were smart you could have got this for $20

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Drachenreiter posted:

Hey folks, just a Gamer here in a Forum for Gamers, talking about how I didn't Kickstart Pillars of Eternity, no biggie. I'm a Gamer, by the way.

this.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

O__O posted:

If you were smart you could have got this for $20

hmm yes a savvy investment (no really)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tithin posted:

lmao if you use NPCs in a game that lets you create your own party

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat BG2 solo as a mage because I have aids. They do give you a few insanely powerful wizard tools that make it really easy, though, like the staff that makes you invisible every time you equip it.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I'm going to make a party of Inquisitors plus a Cleric/Mage and totally break the game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no idea what I'm going to play. Probably going to involve a lot of firearms though.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Sorry I meant in bg2. I think I'm going to make a wizard in this game when I get around to playing it

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Drachenreiter posted:

tell me more

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao if you use NPCs in a game that lets you create your own party

One of the NPC's is a crazy wizard that switches between wanting to bone everything that moves and a being a snobby rich rear end in a top hat.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

When I heard on Giant Bomb that this "looks like an infinity engine game" I thought they meant in the same way that Divinity: OS "looked" like an infinity engine game but holy poo poo this looks like modern Baldur's Gate.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

where have you people been this game got kick-startered like 2 years ago jesus christ.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

surc posted:

where have you people been this game got kick-startered like 2 years ago jesus christ.

haha yeah, what kind of loser doesn't keep up with every hobo game developer who begs for money on kickstarter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey this game is good, like really good.

It's "I'm considering buying a PC game at full price" good.

• Locked thread