Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015

busb posted:

##vote thatbastardken

This is dumb, they're both town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Zetsubou-san posted:

yeah, you're right. sorry. me no math good

gently caress

Too may tabs, should have gone to bed hours ago.

Apologies.

##unvote

##vote thatbastardken

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
:siren: :siren: on the off chance that i survive tonight, i will be logging on late on Saturday so please don't decide to kill me before i have a chance to defend myself! :siren: :siren:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

Well since all except two had already voted for one of the two at the time of the announcement I have to say, wtf are you on about.

loving tell me about it

This is a pretty clear case of a player having a really fun ability that they want to use before they die, and deploying it just for fun. But that explanation is too straightforward for mafia, it must be a reverse double miller bluff, now with added lightning rod

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

black_tangled posted:

In case of night death, busb for misdirection, birdstrike for the bs post on mith, mith for her votes yesterday, gwyn for being hella suss.

Misdirection from my theory being correct there was a lightning rod? laffo
Given the information i had everything i posted made sense, except i made an error that kat picked up regarding the double target redirection thing though, that was my bad. But at least Kat knows her own alignment now right?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

loving tell me about it

This is a pretty clear case of a player having a really fun ability that they want to use before they die, and deploying it just for fun. But that explanation is too straightforward for mafia, it must be a reverse double miller bluff, now with added lightning rod

Oh you reckon? I thought maybe Gaspy put it in to let people set their votes before bed but that's maybe because I'm thinking a lot about bed right now.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I think busb may be right. But I reserve judgement.
TOML, watch your tone. Mith, keep your optical sensors to yourself.

Considering we have no choice.

##vote thatbastardken

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

busb posted:

Misdirection from my theory being correct there was a lightning rod? laffo
Given the information i had everything i posted made sense, except i made an error that kat picked up regarding the double target redirection thing though, that was my bad. But at least Kat knows her own alignment now right?

Misdirection about all actions coming back successful in the case of a lightning rod. Basically setting up the lynch on WMB.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

black_tangled posted:

Misdirection about all actions coming back successful in the case of a lightning rod. Basically setting up the lynch on WMB.

You know what makes sense.

Scum predicting a lightning rod.

Hai guys, why didn't any of our amazing powers work last night? That sure is loving weird. What could the cause of that be (googles)...

Literally the only people that could get that information in the time you got it, would be collaborators.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

Oh you reckon? I thought maybe Gaspy put it in to let people set their votes before bed but that's maybe because I'm thinking a lot about bed right now.

Nah, go have a look at ken's post, it is pretty identical to what I had to do when I had the gladiator ability, which is what allows one player to challenge another such that all other candidates are excluded. I can't imagine Gaspy intervening like this on his own initiative

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

busb posted:

But at least Kat knows her own alignment now right?

This is always good info to have and I'm sure Kat is feeling very relived to discover her alignment at long last. You did good, champ. :v:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Just think about it.

Town would have to puzzle this poo poo out for days. But Busb picks it right off the bat.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

black_tangled posted:

It's not misdirection because that is literally how i would have handled it but i'm over it we can talk post game with the mod about it.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

TOML, watch your tone

Blow it out ur bumhole m8

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

black_tangled posted:

You know what makes sense.

Scum predicting a lightning rod.

Hai guys, why didn't any of our amazing powers work last night? That sure is loving weird. What could the cause of that be (googles)...

Literally the only people that could get that information in the time you got it, would be collaborators.

A lot of us are in a 90+ player mafia game where a town lightning rod was used Night 1. It is fresh in our memories.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
TOML, you're alright.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

Just think about it.

Town would have to puzzle this poo poo out for days. But Busb picks it right off the bat.

This is pretty compelling.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Um yeah to clarify ken used an ability this isn't me loving around.

AUTONOMY...

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

black_tangled posted:

Just think about it.

I have played a lot of mafia it seemed obvious to me until i received (what i believed) was conflicting information.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

black_tangled posted:

Just think about it.

This is a good hypothesis.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Zetsubou-san posted:

A lot of us are in a 90+ player mafia game where a town lightning rod was used Night 1. It is fresh in our memories.

Kat said this about 20 billion pages ago anyway do we still have to wait for deadline even though Ken has achieved majority?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

busb posted:

It's not misdirection because that is literally how i would have handled it but i'm over it we can talk post game with the mod about it.

I know you are sick of mechanic talk but it was genuinely used to start the ball rolling:

busb posted:

You're right I only ever dismissed the lightning rod when someone proved it couldn't be possible. If more than one targeted ability with different success or failures then there is no rod or soag is lying. I don't think he's lying, so i'm going to deduce that there wasn't a rod.

No joke i don't see what you're on about here but either vote me if you think i'm lying about my action or lets move on.

busb posted:

No then the roleblocker would target the lightning rod too, but the LR would go before the roleblock so the roleblock would be 'successful' even though the LR action has already occured.

Anyway what we're really arguing here is that Soag attempted the nightkill was told he failed, right?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I'm keeping my vote on Ken. Fall, fall!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

busb posted:

I have played a lot of mafia it seemed obvious to me until i received (what i believed) was conflicting information.

http://votefinder.org/player/busb

story checks out

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

busb posted:

Kat said this about 20 billion pages ago anyway do we still have to wait for deadline even though Ken has achieved majority?

he reached hammer earlier this arvo. too bad the hammer is broke :shrug:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

busb posted:

anyway do we still have to wait for deadline even though Ken has achieved majority?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Zetsubou-san posted:

he reached hammer earlier this arvo. too bad the hammer is broke :shrug:

it's not broken, there just isn't one.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

fwiw I think they're both town, but ken's stupid play is generating more ire than wmb's stupid play.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
Sphinxy can we have the flip tonight I don't be able to sleep otherwise

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

black_tangled posted:

I know you are sick of mechanic talk but it was genuinely used to start the ball rolling:

And yet he's voted to protect wmb. Even though he's now caught in the lie/kill.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Seagull posted:

realtalk bus driving is extremely not good so i picked someone I thought was quiet and unnoticed (birdstrike) and myself and just went "we're going to hopefully sit to the side tonight"

I don't want to mess cops trying to actually check out more prominent people

I'm only on pg 18 but DONT BUSDRIVE IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING MANG

there are 3 socks before you:
a sock that is yours
a sock that you found on your mum's floor which you have never seen before
a sock that is your mum's

to bus you will need to jizz in 2 of these socks and wash them in front of your family

which socks do u choose

at this stage of the game, in your position I would not have jizzed in any socks yet

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I guess this is an opportune time to mention i'll be out tomorrow night, and saturday afternoon/evening, so you'll get a break from my poo poo posts for a while then~

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

white mans burping posted:

Sphinxy can we have the flip tonight I don't be able to sleep otherwise

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

fruity

fruity

you're in for a treat

this poo poo is glorious

omg

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kat Delacour posted:

I do not know what to do.

If he were scum and worked out a lightning rod he could have got you to reveal yourself by getting miffed about the missing investigation.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Fruity Gordo posted:

I'm only on pg 18 but DONT BUSDRIVE IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING MANG

there are 3 socks before you:
a sock that is yours
a sock that you found on your mum's floor which you have never seen before
a sock that is your mum's

to bus you will need to jizz in 2 of these socks and wash them in front of your family

which socks do u choose

at this stage of the game, in your position I would not have jizzed in any socks yet

It's possible it never happened since he's also said it was a 1 shot and what a careful clever use of a 1 shot ability.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

black_tangled posted:

I do not know what to do.

If he were scum and worked out a lightning rod he could have got you to reveal yourself by getting miffed about the missing investigation.

I thought they were trolling for it all day. As it turns out my white hot rage can only be tempted by meta references to my white hot rage.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
trolling, trawling, either works.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kat Delacour posted:

It's possible it never happened since he's also said it was a 1 shot and what a careful clever use of a 1 shot ability.

Yeah and if he is scum working under the assumption of there being a lightning rod you could literally say anything with no proof required...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Kat Delacour posted:

Please point out the lie because i honestly dont see it - a vig would return, theoretically, the same result as the scum NK action. I am pretty over today maybe we should just kill them both and go at tomorrow fresh because this is going to be a huge loving distraction all game long now.

• Locked thread