Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

http://dfo-notice.blogspot.com/2015/03/scheduled-maintenance-mar-26-2015.html

Neople posted:

- Alpha Test character recovery available now in both (Cain & Delezie) servers for your convienience

ex) Even if you recovered your Gunner created from Alpha Test on Cain server yesterday, now you can still recover him on Delezie server after today's maintenance.

PRAISE NEOPLE

I think. I don't know how this is supposed to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I'll have to figure out some thief builds, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I've been experimenting with just the basic stuff I have, and I can really dish out some serious combos (even at level 5!).

Does anyone manual input with a fightstick, or is it pretty much gamepad or bust?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I'm playing on a stick using this config:

code:
Z   A   S   1
               space
X   C   m   2
m is a modifier key that shifts all the other buttons to more shortcuts, so I get the 4 main binds + 4 potion shortcuts + 7 skill shortcuts. Seems to be fine with some manual inputs here and there.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I can finally share this now since you guys got Metastasis

Wouldn't make as much sense if people didn't hear the original music first.

Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
So glad this is back, been playing a monk and loving every second of it. Even rolled brawler and asura alts just to play casually when i get bored of training room monk. I learned this on Nexon DFO, find 1 person to just level your main with and it makes the game way more fun. 2-manning dungeons is fun, easy, and you can show off combos to your friend and have a good time.

Lobstermobile
Sep 12, 2004
Lobster Car vroom vroom
Its awesome this is back up! I started a F mech but have been struggling. To be able to do good damage I drain my mana really fast, otherwise I'm left just dropping land runners and waiting for them to do all the work. Only level 18 right now, maybe they get better? So fragile too!

Is it possible to recover alpha characters if I didn't sign up using the facebook account I had used previously? I had a level 30ish summoner that was pretty fun.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Lobstermobile posted:

Its awesome this is back up! I started a F mech but have been struggling. To be able to do good damage I drain my mana really fast, otherwise I'm left just dropping land runners and waiting for them to do all the work. Only level 18 right now, maybe they get better? So fragile too!

Is it possible to recover alpha characters if I didn't sign up using the facebook account I had used previously? I had a level 30ish summoner that was pretty fun.

You can link your account through the profile page, might have to whitelist it in adblock otherwise the icons get eaten.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I know it's currently in beta but have they said anything about character or server wipe for when this beta is done?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Im_Special posted:

I know it's currently in beta but have they said anything about character or server wipe for when this beta is done?

There will be no wipe.

https://neople.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204867087-Q-Will-there-be-a-wipe-after-the-OBT-

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Server is back up.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Lobstermobile posted:

It gets better once you get G2 Rolling Thunder and can chain between that and G1 Corona constantly, which for FMech is cheaper than rebuilding Corona each time. Until then, rely on silver bullets and spam the hell out of your Corona and x keys for long to infinite hitstun. Corona fires faster if you keep hitting the Corona button.

Avoid using Viper aside from extra punch on bosses since it's a large mana sink.

FMech doesn't rely on land runners. FMech is G-series. MMech is land runners.

Also you can buy low level health and mana pots for gold.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Kylra posted:

It gets better once you get G2 Rolling Thunder and can chain between that and G1 Corona constantly, which for FMech is cheaper than rebuilding Corona each time. Until then, rely on silver bullets and spam the hell out of your Corona and x keys for long to infinite hitstun. Corona fires faster if you keep hitting the Corona button.

Avoid using Viper aside from extra punch on bosses since it's a large mana sink.

FMech doesn't rely on land runners. FMech is G-series. MMech is land runners.

Also you can buy low level health and mana pots for gold.

Thanks for this. I was having trouble with my FMech as well. I suppose I need to shift my skills around now. I thought I was supposed to be setting bombs and walkers and then mass detonating them on fools.

Also love Gatling Gun if only for the line utility! Line up a bunch of mooks and shoot!

I have a sort of general question though. Is there any way to become more Mana sustainable or do I just need to buy buttloads of potions? And if so, where do I buy potions that aren't only restoring 150 MP?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I have a sort of general question though. Is there any way to become more Mana sustainable or do I just need to buy buttloads of potions? And if so, where do I buy potions that aren't only restoring 150 MP?
It'll get better once you can use Rolling Thunder. It's a pretty big deal. Just never let your G-Series completely drop once you get it or you have to pay the startup cost on Corona again, as opposed to the much lower transform cost.

I don't really use gatling anymore at 40, and haven't really since ~25, because it keeps me still too long, and a lot of FMech attacks work outside of lines. Also that silver bullet plus x does a good chunk more damage. If I really want the hitstun, I just use Corona spam or Raptor (which is the one after Rolling Thunder).

E: Gatling is cheap so it's probably not going to kill you. I just never really have the time to stand there and use it for what it does.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 26, 2015

Aquarium of Lies
Feb 5, 2005

sad cutie
:justtrans:

she/her
Taco Defender
If you reset your skill build five times, that gives you a title with some +mana. That might help a bit at low levels.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Corona really just eats mana like a starving man who is taken to a buffet until you can get Rolling Thunder. It's a really awkward level band since FMechs get somewhat nerfed land runners, and the transform mechanic which requires at least 2 G-Series skills is so central.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 26, 2015

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Downloading/updating the client and excited to finally get to try this out. I stumbled across the old thread a few months back and have been itching to play since.

Does anyone use an arcade stick to play? I'm curious to know how the set-up works for it

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
applied to the guild as SeraphsDept. crusader is fun so far.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I had forgotten how fun it was to make goofy names in this game.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Omnikin posted:

Does anyone use an arcade stick to play? I'm curious to know how the set-up works for it

I posted my setup at the top of this page, X is the regular attack string and also used for skill inputs, Z is a launcher and used for skill inputs, C is jump and used for some defensive skill inputs, space is used for buff inputs.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Whitefire posted:

So glad this is back, been playing a monk and loving every second of it. Even rolled brawler and asura alts just to play casually when i get bored of training room monk. I learned this on Nexon DFO, find 1 person to just level your main with and it makes the game way more fun. 2-manning dungeons is fun, easy, and you can show off combos to your friend and have a good time.

Any tips for monk? Mostly I've been normal-comboing then duck/sway comboing into harder hitting attacks.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

dromer posted:

Any tips for monk? Mostly I've been normal-comboing then duck/sway comboing into harder hitting attacks.

Grabbing enemies at the end of an aerial combo is always fun.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
What's the state of M Grappler in this version compared to DNFKorea? I know he's a lot better in DNF lately, but is this still the old bad version of the class?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Midnightghoul posted:

What's the state of M Grappler in this version compared to DNFKorea? I know he's a lot better in DNF lately, but is this still the old bad version of the class?

He's the good version. We have the 2nd Priest awakening Client but the files are caught up to Korea's February version.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Applied to the guild as OmnikinSA

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kild posted:

He's the good version. We have the 2nd Priest awakening Client but the files are caught up to Korea's February version.

Who's missing second awakenings in our version, anyway?

Jowy
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus Christ, it's a Pyro!

Kild posted:

As far as I can tell we don't have the male grappler rework. I haven't noticed being able to change directions on most of their grabs the way the reworked ones can, nor a lot of the other assorted small tweaks they got. Like they still have Backbreaker, for instance, and the patch that made them good (or at least not kinda mediocre? I have no idea what the consensus is in Korea on either them or the F. Slayers that got buffed) got rid of that to replace it with another passive.

edit: Actually that reminds me. Did Female Nens get nerfed or something? I don't hear them getting talked up nearly as much post-2nd awakening as they used to back in the day, but it could just be that everyone is too busy with the objectively best fighter, female grappler.

Jowy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 26, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Posting in thread for guild invite, character name: Rafza

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Who's missing second awakenings in our version, anyway?

Afaik we're not missing any that Korea has. F gunners was the last one given a 2nd awakening and they're in the files.

Jowy posted:

As far as I can tell we don't have the male grappler rework. I haven't noticed being able to change directions on most of their grabs the way the reworked ones can, nor a lot of the other assorted small tweaks they got. Like they still have Backbreaker, for instance, and the patch that made them good (or at least not kinda mediocre? I have no idea what the consensus is in Korea on either them or the F. Slayers that got buffed) got rid of that to replace it with another passive.

That patch we don't have I guess. My friend said it was in. vOv

e: Actually yeah that M Grappler change was in the WM patch which we don't have. We're that patch behind (and anything past this)

http://df.nexon.com/?GO=news%7Cupdate&position=1&mode=view&no=8981 (You have to click it twice)

Kild fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 26, 2015

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So can you class advance alpha characters yet?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kild posted:

Afaik we're not missing any that Korea has. F gunners was the last one given a 2nd awakening and they're in the files.

Aye but I have no clue what Korea has. :v:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

So can you class advance alpha characters yet?

You always could. The only issue was people awakening characters that were already awakened. It would reset them to a different class.

Ciaphas posted:

Aye but I have no clue what Korea has. :v:

All but Thief, Mmage, Elfen Knight, and F Slayer. Of those I only see maybe Thief and F Slayer getting 2nd awakenings any time soon. Thief only just got their 3rd+4th classes after like 6 years.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Is elemental bomber boring? I liked the theme and feel of base m. Mage but it was a little too xxxxxxx for me.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Can someone give a comparison between the two brawlers?

Hearing that mBrawlers are bad now so I want to give a suggestion to an mFighter friend since we have the class swapping items.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

Is elemental bomber boring? I liked the theme and feel of base m. Mage but it was a little too xxxxxxx for me.

Early on it's mostly XXX Conc Fury but later on you get elemental AoE skills and start clearing really fast by one shotting ever room with Infernal Road TP upgrade, Lightning Wall etc.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Do we have the version of f. spitfire with the jetpack? Spitfire always kinda scared me off due to the 'ammo power, xxxxxxx' thing seeming boring, but on the other hand I really want to try being an annoying, mobile rear end in a top hat in pvp.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Nope, and we don't have the Female Ranger rework yet. She's still "Twin Gunblade is a lv40 buff" mode.

Edit: Also, you shouldn't believe that Spitfire is only "ammo buff->xxxxx", that's ridiculous. You have your grenades, photon blast, flash mine, C4, Neil, a bunch of skills you can use. Spitfire is just as much a rapid-fire DPS character as it is a status effect one. Plus, you can backstep, throw a grenade and then immediately open fire in the air if you're using Female Spitfire. Males get the bonus of being able to throw grenades in the ground much faster than females do, whereas females get to throw a bunch while in the air.

Raruna fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 26, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm having trouble finding up to date PvP tier listings. I don't need like every single class rated and matchups and whatever since I'm sure that simply doesn't exist, but what are the commonly accepted top tier PvP classes and what builds do they use?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
How do you guys do classes with lots of buffs? I'm playing my Crusader and I'm already out of hot key space and I'm not even level 30.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Umbreon posted:

How do you guys do classes with lots of buffs? I'm playing my Crusader and I'm already out of hot key space and I'm not even level 30.

For me buffs are the easiest thing to memorize the manual inputs for since you generally aren't under immediate pressure to do them mid-combo or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Umbreon posted:

Set them to really easy manual inputs, you can customize the inputs on the skill screen. I like to put buffs on cardinal directions + space, then down-left-space, down-right-space, etc.

• Locked thread