Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
confirming a townie is the only move that makes any sense from a town-alasdair pov, sry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
He's smart enough not to hammer if he's town, this is a ballsy move but it gives us more information, and honestly if he's scum I feel like he's earned this bc I would've voted your or AC before him.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
also you pretty much said you didn't think atoramos was scum at all. so this should make sense from a town-LV POV to get a townie confirmed ^_^. if you're town-LV and are actually suspicious of me, this makes it more likely for scum-Alasdair to get lynched.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

based on how the conversation is going there isn't much chance of atoramos being lynched at all. so even if he is scum he's basically won anyway. the most townie thing to do is get him down as 100% confirmed townie and go from there. LV you should be on board with this.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

also you pretty much said you didn't think atoramos was scum at all. so this should make sense from a town-LV POV to get a townie confirmed ^_^. if you're town-LV and are actually suspicious of me, this makes it more likely for scum-Alasdair to get lynched.

I think there's so much Wine in front of me here I'm getting drunk.

King of Bleh posted:

He's smart enough not to hammer if he's town, this is a ballsy move but it gives us more information, and honestly if he's scum I feel like he's earned this bc I would've voted your or AC before him.

I don't like this and I can't tell you why.

gently caress, I'm just going to go round and round in circles now, because WHAT IF MY READ WAS WRONG???

I guess we wait for Atoramos to show up and find out.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

based on how the conversation is going there isn't much chance of atoramos being lynched at all. so even if he is scum he's basically won anyway. the most townie thing to do is get him down as 100% confirmed townie and go from there. LV you should be on board with this.

Yeah, I guess.

A niggling voice tells me it still smarter not to risk it at this point, but if you are Town AC then you're obviously willing to lose the game too.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I am here, sorry I'm at work. Reading up now, still won't vote Vorbis this is a hilarious gambit.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

it's impossible to get a 100% chance of winning. my gambit improves our odds.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Atoramos posted:

I am here, sorry I'm at work. Reading up now, still won't vote Vorbis this is a hilarious gambit.

:hfive:

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

I really don't like LV's response to the gambit either. but it could have been off-the-cuff. if you are town LV yw for improving the odds for us.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Still reading but I'm legitimately running around doing work things is why I randomly went away.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

no worries now. i just had blue balls wanting to see if we had lost or if we had confirmed you.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

no worries now. i just had blue balls wanting to see if we had lost or if we had confirmed you.

:ohdear:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Why the hell would anyone make that gambit if they last felt I was the most-likely scum?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

1) changed my mind
2) see that I sincerely doubted you would be liable to be the lynch and if you were scum you've won anyway. it was an excellent move.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

i think LV is the last scum but my vote already did its job so

##unvote

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Why the hell would anyone make that gambit if they last felt I was the most-likely scum?

I am having some real issues expressing what I felt about this, because I'm trying to see if it's a logical smart move, or actually loving terrible for anyone but scum AC.

It only works if town AC thinks the scum is KoB, because if Town-AC thinks scum is LV then vote and case LV, not -1 gambit confirm Atoramos go!

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Town AC wasn't sure on anybody and is glad to have narrowed down the choice.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Atoramos posted:

I think technically he was on me for a bit in between, but more to the point whatever comment he made about his back being to the wall is accurate, the gambit was a good play as town or as scum, I consider it a wash.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

do you think there was any chance of atoramos being executed today LV?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Now let's do the same thing, Kob put your vote on Alasdair, I'll put my vote on Alasdair, let's see if LV hammers.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Vorbis for now remove your vote on alasdair

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

ugh ill post more in depth in a bit but i'll state the obvious the scum must have been in on the MiR lynch

LordVorbis's third vote is way too incredibly ballsy as scum as that almost single handedly turned a MiR lynch from maybe to a very likely. so he's almost ruled out for me

the "safest" vote would be the very first one, Atoramos. for that reason i like him for scum the most

Consistancy????? I see you've changed your mind?

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Atoramos posted:

Now let's do the same thing, Kob put your vote on Alasdair, I'll put my vote on Alasdair, let's see if LV hammers.

That's loving stupid

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

do you think there was any chance of atoramos being executed today LV?

None what so ever.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

King of Bleh posted:

That's loving stupid

I don't think LV is the scum and I'm going between you and Alasdair. I'm slightly leaning Alasdair. If I'd be willing to lynch him, I'm willing to use him to confirm LV.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

i have a better idea.

##vote: Alasdair Crawfish

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Why? If you suspect KoB you're setting yourself up for him to hammer?

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
This game is getting too weird for me

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

KoB you're not lynching Alasdair.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I guess KoB is town

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

there ya go. KOB confirmed.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

That leaves Alasdair I guess

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

##unvote

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

i have a better idea.

##vote: Alasdair Crawfish

Er?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

well this makes it obvious for me.

##vote: LordVorbis

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Oh I get it! Genius.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

##unvote okay now I'm really second guessing myself

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I honestly applaud that sequence, I loving knew there was a plan with the -1 and I see it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Why did you swing LV so hard you'd risk the game on him after suspecting KoB and myself? Why would you possibly do that unless you were scum and knew we were town?

• Locked thread