Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Liu Kang's fatality is great but only for Raiden. It feels sort of weird to imagine it as his thing on other people since it is so Raiden-specific. ("Shut the hell up' in fatality form, basically.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I think a tongue out ripping fatality is what i wanted for sure from someone though. cause drat a human tongue is freakishly long.

It Just Got Worse
Oct 30, 2012
Hopefully Liu Kang will follow in the tradition of MK2, where he's got one somewhat subdued fatality and then his second is the best fatality in the game.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

It Just Got Worse posted:

Hopefully Liu Kang will follow in the tradition of MK2, where he's got one somewhat subdued fatality and then his second is the best fatality in the game.
Instead of squashing his enemy with an arcade cabinet, he goes full Hulk and uses its broken halves as giant metal gauntlets.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

It Just Got Worse posted:

So if this is his worst his best will be... Quan Chi's neck stretcher?

:v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YR5QrWBzb8

:psyduck:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

We have officially wrapped back around to 90's MK.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Adema were busy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

26 seconds in. I think we have our final boss.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Gavok posted:

26 seconds in. I think we have our final boss.

Onaga, perhaps?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Definately Onaga. In this timeline is he Reptiles da? Y'know, sticking with the angsty "NO gently caress U DAD/RAIDEN!" thing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ChogsEnhour posted:

Definately Onaga. In this timeline is he Reptiles da? Y'know, sticking with the angsty "NO gently caress U DAD/RAIDEN!" thing.

In the original timeline, Onaga possessed Reptiles body and mutated it into that giant from you saw in that game. I hope that doesn't happen to him again, since this is like, the first game where Reptile works for someone who actually seems to respect him.

Final chapter of the game is Reptile, it's finally his time to shine!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dude did some screens from the vidja:

http://imgur.com/a/wKBEO

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Based on the trailer I'm guessing comic spoilers: that's how those daggers come into play so Kotal khan,sub zero and Raiden and going to be evil baddies then. Also demon guy looks like it might be Shinnok

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhonne posted:

In the original timeline, Onaga possessed Reptiles body and mutated it into that giant from you saw in that game. I hope that doesn't happen to him again, since this is like, the first game where Reptile works for someone who actually seems to respect him.

Final chapter of the game is Reptile, it's finally his time to shine!

I could see it as being Onaga possessing Liu Kang's body. Liu Kang's got the whole dragon thing going on. Onaga possessing Shinnok makes sense too by simply mixing the two post-MK3 bosses into one more powerful being.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

More visions, Raiden? Do you still see the future?

:boom:

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Meowbot posted:

the PC post is going to be the ps3 / xbox port l o l nt friend told me that iand i wanted to fatalty him

I heard that was the case for Dead or Alive 5 that was recently released on PC (that it was the 360/ps3 version rather than the xbone/ps4 version), but has anyone heard anything suggesting that for the PC version?

That would be bizarre given that the PS3/360 version isn't even ready yet.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Does this make a difference? Like won't it just have options to increase the texture resolution/etc. anyway on PC?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They really should have just brought back Adema.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22tCfmdLT_k

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Rhonne posted:

I unironically like that song

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rhonne posted:

lol my god.

Also I highly doubt PC will get the ps3/ 360 version. WHen they're working on next gen why would they bother making it worse?

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | AMD Radeon HD 5850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 36 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space

REcommended specs seem on par with a PS4/Bone

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 26, 2015

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Indeed. Yet bizarrely they pulled that with DOA5. People were pissed about the PC version not having the Soft Engine. (Which was presumably something for making boobs more boobish.)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

your evil twin posted:

Indeed. Yet bizarrely they pulled that with DOA5. People were pissed about the PC version not having the Soft Engine. (Which was presumably something for making boobs more boobish.)

Yeah but DoA for the PC also doesn't come with internet play for the first three months.

Not the same company so lets hope they aren't as clinically retarded.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Aishan posted:

Onaga, perhaps?

yeah, that was a new Onaga.

Onaga's back!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If that really is Onaga, then I want this all to be Shujinko's fault again.

I don't want Shujinko back as a character, I just want him to gently caress everything up again.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rhonne posted:

If that really is Onaga, then I want this all to be Shujinko's fault again.

I don't want Shujinko back as a character, I just want him to gently caress everything up again.

Raiden sees Shujinko in a future-flashback and decides to take him on as his pupil.

Somehow they both reawaken Onaga personally carry him up the Armageddon Pyramid

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Seems like MKX is their chance to take all the weird post-MK3 stuff and turn it more cohesive and cool so people get onboard with it instead of going "oh, those are from the bad MK games, bet it's stupid".

I wonder where they're going to go with MK11

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Kelp Plankton posted:

Kart racing

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Seems like MKX is their chance to take all the weird post-MK3 stuff and turn it more cohesive and cool so people get onboard with it instead of going "oh, those are from the bad MK games, bet it's stupid".

Deadly Alliance again, expect with Taven and Daegon this time.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I wouldn't mind another shot at Deadly Alliance, and then another shot at Armageddon. Or maybe both at once for an even 3 games. If Onaga really is debuting early in this game, that'd cover all the cool ideas from the 3D era that were done a big disservice.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

your evil twin posted:

Maybe it has something to do with Japanese devs being poo poo at making pc ports

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'd like it to be something completely original, maybe starting out as a Deadly Alliance-Deception retelling but then taking a turn for something new and better.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Blister posted:

Maybe it has something to do with DOA devs being poo poo at making games

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Blister posted:

Maybe it has something to do with Japanese devs being poo poo at making pc ports

That might have to do with the PC not being considered a medium to sell games in Japan.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

They'll run back DC v. MK.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

C. Everett Koop posted:

They'll run back DC v. MK.

Well Injustice was good, MK is good. I think that might actually work this time.

But why not up the ante and add in a crossover with WWE Immortals?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I like the family theme I'm seeing in MKX. You have the Cage family, Jax and his daughter, Kung Jin and his relation to Kung Lao and Liu Kang(as well as Raiden saying they were both like sons to him, the poor bastards), and you have Takeda who is Kenshi's son, with Scorpion acting as his Piccolo.

I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of the game, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Ferra & Torr, and Reptile end up as one big happy horrible monster family.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 26, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Andrew Verse posted:

I'd like it to be something completely original, maybe starting out as a Deadly Alliance-Deception retelling but then taking a turn for something new and better.

How would Deadly Alliance start out if Liu Kang doesn't get killed by Quan Chi and Shang Tsung? Johnny Cage would be able to take both of them out.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rhonne posted:

I like the family theme I'm seeing in MKX. You have the Cage family, Jax and his daughter, Kung Jin and his relation to Kung Lao and Liu Kang(as well as Raiden saying they were both like sons to him, the poor bastards), and you have Takeda who is Kenshi's son, with Scorpion acting as his Piccolo.

I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of the game, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Ferra & Torr, and Reptile end up as one big happy horrible monster family.

Did they say if Sonya is both Jacqui and Cassie's mom yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of the game, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Ferra & Torr, and Reptile end of as one big happy horrible monster family.

I'd kind of like to see that. After 23 years of being poo poo own by the MK universe, Reptile deserves it. :unsmith:

Neo Rasa posted:

Did they say if Sonya is both Jacqui and Cassie's mom yet?
They're really close in age. Unless they're fraternal twins, I really doubt it.

• Locked thread