Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
There's also an Avatar horror sale. 126 issues for £47.99. One thing to note is I already own Fevre Dream and I don't know if that will change the price or number of issues it shows me for the bundle.
https://www.comixology.co.uk/Avatar-Best-of-Horror-Bundle/page/5781?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

There's also an Avatar horror sale. 126 issues for £47.99. One thing to note is I already own Fevre Dream and I don't know if that will change the price or number of issues it shows me for the bundle.
https://www.comixology.co.uk/Avatar-Best-of-Horror-Bundle/page/5781?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

No, you don't get "credit" for owning issues in a bundle, and they don't hide books you already "own". It does tell you how many of the titles you "own" if you go to the details, though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
The Humble Book Bundle is doing a post-apocalyptic thing. It's mostly novels, but also includes the first volumes of Wasteland, The Strain, and The Massive.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The last issue of Private Eye came out today!
http://panelsyndicate.com/

For those who don't know, it's a digital comic by Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin. It's set in the future when the Internet has been outlawed and people walk around in disguises all in the name of privacy. There was a murder.

It's pay what you wish. You can put in $0 and download all the comics. Though if you like them, please go back and throw the guys some monies. I'd love to get more comics both from the creators and in that format.

Universe! is also worth a read.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What's the easiest way to buy those without giving PayPal a bunch of money?

More on the first issue and zero for the others?

Can you buy all the issues at once?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Not yet, you can't. There's a "trade paperback" of the first five issues and I'm sure there will be one of the second five issues.

(you can get the ten issues now, then give $0 to get the second collection later if that's more your jam)

If you put in $0, it skips PayPal altogether. That's probably the fastest way to do it as you won't have to keep logging into PayPal for every one.

I don't know how fees work, exactly. It'll probably be less giving one lump sum, but I'm not sure.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Hawkeye-Sale/page/5827?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Fraction Hawkeye 1-11
Edmonson Black Widow 1-6
2013 Secret Avengers
2014 Secret Avengers 1-5

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.comixology.com/Hawkeye-Sale/page/5827?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Fraction Hawkeye 1-11
Edmonson Black Widow 1-6
2013 Secret Avengers
2014 Secret Avengers 1-5

That looks good, pity it doesn't include trades. Just downloaded Black Widow #1, might grab Secret Avengers. Anything that needs read before it for context?

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

That looks good, pity it doesn't include trades. Just downloaded Black Widow #1, might grab Secret Avengers. Anything that needs read before it for context?

I quite enjoy the newest Secret Avengers, and didn't read the previous one, so I'm thinking no context needed. Don't know if you need context for the 2013 one!

Black Widow and Hawkeye are both enjoyable and totally fine without context. Black Widow's interesting in that the first 5 or so issues are all fairly standalone, but then a longer-running story develops. I enjoyed both styles, but I think the art might be the biggest draw for me in that series--it's gorgeous.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

onefish posted:

I quite enjoy the newest Secret Avengers, and didn't read the previous one, so I'm thinking no context needed. Don't know if you need context for the 2013 one!

Black Widow and Hawkeye are both enjoyable and totally fine without context. Black Widow's interesting in that the first 5 or so issues are all fairly standalone, but then a longer-running story develops. I enjoyed both styles, but I think the art might be the biggest draw for me in that series--it's gorgeous.

All you need to know about Hawkeye is that he is an avenger and this is what he does when he is not hanging with the Avengers.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Someone has a TV coming out! i, Zombie sale.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=5897&lang=

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Black Widow is a pro-purchase, it's a really good series. Edmonson's writing is really quite good, and Noto's art is just bloody gorgeous.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

All you need to know about Hawkeye is that he is an avenger and this is what he does when he is not hanging with the Avengers.

Hawkeye is a dumb, lame hero. Fraction/Aja make him super fun to read about and it's an awesome series. I say that as someone with literally zero history reading Hawkeye, I picked it up entirely due to praise in this thread.

Speaking of, how comparable is BW? I really enjoy the humor in Hawk Guy, is BW similarly fun? Or is it more serious spy stuff? Basically, if I loved Hawkeye mostly due to Fraction's writing how likely am I to enjoy Natasha's story?

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Russad posted:

Hawkeye is a dumb, lame hero. Fraction/Aja make him super fun to read about and it's an awesome series. I say that as someone with literally zero history reading Hawkeye, I picked it up entirely due to praise in this thread.

Speaking of, how comparable is BW? I really enjoy the humor in Hawk Guy, is BW similarly fun? Or is it more serious spy stuff? Basically, if I loved Hawkeye mostly due to Fraction's writing how likely am I to enjoy Natasha's story?

I don't see too much tying this Black Widow series to Hawkeye, actually. Feels like a different mood (yeah, "spy stuff," though on occasion pretty funny and clever, like most good Marvel books) and I wouldn't necessarily recommend one for fans of the other.

The 2014 Secret Avengers takes its inspiration (for Clint, particularly) heavily from the "fun" side of the Fraction Hawkeye, though.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The 2014 Secret Avengers is more Hawkeye/Superior Foes of Spider-Man and Black Widow is decidedly not like that.

BW is really good though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Russad posted:

Black Widow is nothing like the Fraction/Aja Hawkeye, but you should read it because it owns. It's very much focused on being a spy thriller, but obviously with a big focus on Nat herself. Noto's art is great. It's just a really good comic book.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah, I'm going to +1 everything said about Black Widow, got the two trades and loved them and the art is nice, going to look up the artist and see if anything appeals. Also Hawkeye's current run is definitely not at all like BW, much more light hearted, though it has some darkish moments, at least in the first volume.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder sale.

https://www.comixology.com/Thor-God-of-Thunder-Sale/page/5896?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Get it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hammers + van art = buy

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Hammers + van art = buy

I enjoyed the whole thing, but 1-12 are totally can't miss for epic Thor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

1-12 are really good, but should have been compressed to like 8 issues.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DC Road to Convergence sale.

https://www.comixology.com/Road-to-Convergence-Sale/page/5884?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Futures End 1-43 (find #0 too. It's free.)
Earth 2: World's End 1-21
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Zero Hour
Infinite Crisis
Final Crisis (Just 1-7. Superman Beyond, etc not on sale. Get Superman if you're getting it)
Flashpoint + minis

X-Files sale.

https://www.comixology.com/The-X-Files-Sale/page/5843?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
90's series, New series and IDW crossovers.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 24, 2015

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Any of these any good?

I say, assuming "probably not".

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I vaguely remember the 90's one being good in the 90's.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I guess this sale is somehow geo-blocked.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Cheap Trick posted:

I guess this sale is somehow geo-blocked.

Nope, one day only.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Oh right. Goddamn timezones

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Is it just me, or is Marvel Unlimited just dogshit slow all the time?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I remember the first issue of the 90s X-Files series shooting up in price (to a massive $30! (shut up, I was like 12)) after I chose not to buy it despite being an X-Files fan and my comic shop at the time having it as their staff pick of the week.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Teenage Fansub posted:

DC Road to Convergence sale.

https://www.comixology.com/Road-to-Convergence-Sale/page/5884?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Futures End 1-43 (find #0 too. It's free.)
Earth 2: World's End 1-21
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Zero Hour
Infinite Crisis
Final Crisis (Just 1-7. Superman Beyond, etc not on sale. Get Superman if you're getting it)
Flashpoint + minis

How nice of DC to drop their weeklies' prices for everyone at their conclusion.

This just reinforces to me the law of Comixology and digital comics in general: if you're not in love with a series, wait for it to go on sale. (Or for the library to pick up the trade!) (Or for a Humble Bundle edition!) Don't pay the New Release Tax - tide yourself over with something else.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Space Fish posted:

How nice of DC to drop their weeklies' prices for everyone at their conclusion.

This just reinforces to me the law of Comixology and digital comics in general: if you're not in love with a series, wait for it to go on sale. (Or for the library to pick up the trade!) (Or for a Humble Bundle edition!) Don't pay the New Release Tax - tide yourself over with something else.

That goes for literally anything though. If you really like it buy it right away, otherwise wait for a sale. Comics, video games, movies, cars, vacuum cleaners, you name it

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

TheTarrasque posted:

Is it just me, or is Marvel Unlimited just dogshit slow all the time?

In the browser, it definitely is. On a tablet/phone, it wasn't. Unfortunately I don't own a tablet and reading off a phone isn't great.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

gently caress Marvel Unlimited in every leaking orifice it possesses.

I'm trying to read comics on an iPad (iOS 7) using the service for which I have paid. It is consistently refusing to load more than a few pages of any comic, even though my Internet connection is fine. This is apparently a known bug introduced with the latest update, with a tedious workaround - I have to set every single comic I want to read to be available offline. OK, fine. So I've been doing that for the last few weeks, and everything was loading without issues. But now, as of today, I apparently can't delete comics from my offline collection to download new ones - which poses a problem since you're only allowed a maximum of 12 for some insane reason. I'll try to delete them, and the app will claim they've gone, but in reality it's silently failing - they show back up again in a few minutes, and I can't download any new comics until they're actually gone. So essentially I can't use the service because of two separate show-stopping bugs plus a pointless and arbitrary restriction. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't seem to help much - a few deletions go through, then the problem comes straight back.

Is there any workaround for the second bug, or am I just screwed until Marvel hires a single person with more coding skills than a toddler on meths?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Dynamite bundle at Groupees. Never heard of them, but they seem similar to Humble Bundle and are raising money for CBLDF.

https://groupees.com/dynamite1

Bleeding Cool article about it.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/26/first-ever-digital-comics-groupee-bundle-features-dynamite-entertainment/

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I picked up the bundle from Groupees. You can't choose how much goes to charity - it's set to 20% which is dumb. The download page has a .zip for each comic, inside is an epub, a cbz and a pdf so I hope you enjoy wasting bandwidth!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Syrinxx posted:

I picked up the bundle from Groupees. You can't choose how much goes to charity - it's set to 20% which is dumb. The download page has a .zip for each comic, inside is an epub, a cbz and a pdf so I hope you enjoy wasting bandwidth!

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they just bundled up the comics or something, and then you could download like, a bundle of CBZ's or PDF, or EPUB or something. But the loving salt in the wound is that I have to download every book individually.

At least they could group them by title. :(

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Google Play sale on comics starring women

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's no excuse! Storm and Elektra are two comics that are right on the cusp of being great, and now Vol 1 of both are $3 -- That makes them well worth the price. If you don't own Ms. Marvel or Wonder Woman yet, those are must-buys. Runaways, Death by Neal Gaiman, and Batwoman are on there too, all classics.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

This sounds so dumb but unless comixology matches I don't want to buy these because I can't stand the idea of having a third place to look for comics I've bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

This sounds so dumb but unless comixology matches I don't want to buy these because I can't stand the idea of having a third place to look for comics I've bought.

Amazon needs to start doing the price matching everything they do with comixology because hell if I'm starting another digital library elsewhere.