Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh yeah, I admit it. I'm actually kind of pissed. I can't imagine how much worse this will get in the future because the partial season sponsorship packages which have come about in recent years have been a boon for diecast companies.

It never dawned on me until AARP caught on and decided to tweak it in each of the last three years (when the original was the best anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Sell cars, seek help

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Boomer The Cannon posted:

On the flip side, what sort of mystery disease does JD Gibbs have? That press release was cryptic as gently caress...

Emerods

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

But seriously, :ohdear:.

\/ Buy 2. :twisted: \/

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 26, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm really tempted to buy the dewshine diecast. Can someone talk me out of this stupid purchase? Thanks.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Do it

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Fixed

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I keep not buying NASCAR diecasts, and I keep regretting not starting a collection.

The Dale Jr. 2014 winner was tempting to buy as gently caress...why I have not bought that yet? :negative:.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

way late edit: didn't realize this was so big lol

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 27, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
just gonna leave this here....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152896607323138

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

CBJSprague24 posted:

Want to know the ridiculousness of NASCAR merchandising? I got bored tonight and inventoried my Gordon car collection, which has been growing for 20 years. Around 2007, I stopped buying cars which I deemed to either a) be so close to the standard scheme that it wasn't worth the money and/or b) a released car which was the same as a scheme run in previous years.

I have 71 diecasts, most of which are 1:64. Four are the same car, repeat purchases (Gordon Rainbow 1996, 1999 1:64, 1997 1:144. Gordon Flames 2004), but shifts to new body style (Gordon Monte Carlo 1995, 2007 Flames CoT) count as different. I plan on picking up the Panasonic car (it rules) and, because I'm a glutton, his AARP car for this year.

AARP has had a new paint scheme in four of their five seasons.

There are 16 cars I didn't buy, and I probably should've bought 2 or 3 of those but just didn't for whatever reason.

One additional car, his Farmville car from 2012, was never released due to licensing issues.

Yeah but do you have a Jeff Gordon blanket?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Want to know the ridiculousness of NASCAR merchandising? I got bored tonight and inventoried my Gordon car collection, which has been growing for 20 years. Around 2007, I stopped buying cars which I deemed to either a) be so close to the standard scheme that it wasn't worth the money and/or b) a released car which was the same as a scheme run in previous years.

I have 71 diecasts, most of which are 1:64. Four are the same car, repeat purchases (Gordon Rainbow 1996, 1999 1:64, 1997 1:144. Gordon Flames 2004), but shifts to new body style (Gordon Monte Carlo 1995, 2007 Flames CoT) count as different. I plan on picking up the Panasonic car (it rules) and, because I'm a glutton, his AARP car for this year.

AARP has had a new paint scheme in four of their five seasons.

There are 16 cars I didn't buy, and I probably should've bought 2 or 3 of those but just didn't for whatever reason.

One additional car, his Farmville car from 2012, was never released due to licensing issues.

Only one thing missing

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:wtc:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Possibly Chicken posted:

Only one thing missing

his will stipulates all the diecasts much be melted down and made into that

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

kidcoelacanth posted:

way late edit: didn't realize this was so big lol

lol that woman paid about $150 for a Racing Champions Brendan Gaughan diecast I put on ebay a couple years ago that I paid $15 shipped for.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

I don't even think Brendan Gaughan likes Brendan Gaughan that much.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I think that Brendan Gaughan love rivals Andy Houston woman on YouTube.

go3 posted:

his will stipulates all the diecasts much be melted down and made into that

That coffin is the dumbest god drat thing, and I intend to spend whatever mad money I come into on things I can dick around with when I'm alive.

Which won't include diecasts after this season.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

So which ride does Chase Elliott buy when qualifying gets rained out?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

So which ride does Chase Elliott buy when qualifying gets rained out?

I imagine they'll just swap this race with another one.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I became our troops what I miss the last couple months

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

maffew buildings posted:

literally nothing

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

maffew buildings posted:

Your hero Daniel Suarez is taking the truck and Xfinity (Former Nationwide) Series by storm.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol he is quite the hot shoe

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Can't wait until he follows Larson into cup and wrecks a poo poo ton of cars like him.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Uncle Jam posted:

Can't wait until he follows Larson into cup and wrecks a poo poo ton of cars like him.

NASCAR's just further reinforcing negative stereotypes regarding female, Asian, and Mexican drivers...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Goodyear sucks, they said.... shut up Viking, it's not the teams being idiots, they said....

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/3/27/tire-tampering-bleeding-goodyear-sprint-cup.html

e- also, lol @ Knaus in that clip

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

No wonder Harvick does a burnout until the tires go flat after almost every win...:iiam:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

So apparently Team Xtreme withdrew from Martinsville because they can't make payroll, says a member of the team, via SA's favorite site.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

No wonder Harvick does a burnout until the tires go flat after almost every win...:iiam:

Ya know, I wouldn't doubt it.

I hope whoever they pin it on gets nailed hard for this. loving with the tires (or other safety stuff) is a notch above stroker motors and fuel additives on the bullshit meter.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Denny Hamlin said that anyone who gets caught should be permanently banned which all things considered is hilarious.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

Denny Hamlin said that anyone who gets caught should be permanently banned which all things considered is hilarious.

Wow he's really shifting his opinions into high gear, hope he can back them up.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'd laugh if he was unknowingly was the team doing it. Still doing horseshit with cheat tires.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Suarezmania is indeed running wild

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Was that the National Anthem?

:siren: MARTINSVILLE TRUCK YEAH :siren:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
hey Suarez, welcome to short track racing, enjoy your stay

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cole loving Custer :thurman:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
GODDAMN I LOVE SHORT TRACK RACING!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Matt loving Crafton :frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
The one time I'm glad Logano won. gently caress Crafton.

• Locked thread