Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
Cypher Raige

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That Durance guy is a bit unsettling. I'm not sure what his deal is.

Also I think Eder and Kana are pretty cool dudes.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 26, 2015

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

If you play this poo poo you belong in a zoo.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

If you play this poo poo you belong in a zoo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im playing a human cipher and it's pretty cool. You're essentially a slightly shittier fighter with access to spells that recharge during and after fights instead of per rest like wizards. I got access to my first tier 2 spells and they're extremely powerful. Don't go in the ruined temple in the town though. I have the crazy elf wizard and the human fighter with me and I'm getting my rear end kicked. I'll come back later I guess.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Im playing a human cipher and it's pretty cool. You're essentially a slightly shittier fighter with access to spells that recharge during and after fights instead of per rest like wizards. I got access to my first tier 2 spells and they're extremely powerful. Don't go in the ruined temple in the town though. I have the crazy elf wizard and the human fighter with me and I'm getting my rear end kicked. I'll come back later I guess.

You gotta get the even crazier priest and the cool sharkman chanter. Go south of town, get the priest, then go to Caed Nua and get the chanter. Don't go into Caed Nua right then and there, though, or you'll get the poo poo beat out of you by a million ghosts that can teleport or stun on hit.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
^^^ Caed Nua loving SUCKS, man. Had to reload on the crazy dude's fight three times before I could kill him. He can soak up some serious loving damage for a spellcaster.

Larry Parrish posted:

That area has poo poo (selected at random from a table) loot, but the story tied to it is pretty good. I haven't enjoyed reading walls of text in a video game this much since Morrowind.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Haven't been into Caed Nua after I got beat up. I did kill Lord Raedric, though, and now I've got Eder a nice set of platemail and Kana a big greatsword.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Haha. People are straight up telling others how to play the game and where secrets and characters are unsolicited.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Haha. People are straight up telling others how to play the game and where secrets and characters are unsolicited.

If you can figure out where these characters are within an hour of starting the game, they're not exactly secret.

You should really play this, though. It's pretty fun, Knuc.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

If you can figure out where these characters are within an hour of starting the game, they're not exactly secret.

You should really play this, though. It's pretty fun, Knuc.

I'm going to, but it's already reminding me of when I played dark souls and could not post anything without someone giving me a walk through for the game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Important q: do I get flair in the paradox forums for buying this game?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I already got those characters but thanks for telling me how to get characters that literally are standing there waving at you while you walk to the main quest. Lol. Don't be Games as gently caress. You're supposed to explore games like these, not get all the Epic OP Loot immediately.

Also I'm on Normal difficulty but I feel like I get pwned almost every fight. Should I take it down a notch or am I just fighting things that are too dang hard.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I bought this game because it's half off on Nuuvem.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm going to, but it's already reminding me of when I played dark souls and could not post anything without someone giving me a walk through for the game.

My bad, bro.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

My bad, bro.

I forgive you.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Larry Parrish posted:

I already got those characters but thanks for telling me how to get characters that literally are standing there waving at you while you walk to the main quest. Lol. Don't be Games as gently caress. You're supposed to explore games like these, not get all the Epic OP Loot immediately.

Also I'm on Normal difficulty but I feel like I get pwned almost every fight. Should I take it down a notch or am I just fighting things that are too dang hard.

Stick it out on normal. It will make you hard as gently caress so you will play through again on Balls of Iron mode and not break a sweat. I'm savescumming and reloading like a madman and give zero fucks now. If I go for a harder difficulty I'll give a poo poo about saves then.

Also your description on how to play this game is the correct one and gently caress anybody who feels like they need to write a novel length reply to every comment made about games like these. I decided I'd check the Games thread at work just to see how people are enjoying it and holy loving poo poo man. There are several video game essays written there already that would give the old Steam thread OP a run for their money.

This is indeed a good video game and I thank everyone who kickstartered it so I too could purchase it for half off from G2A. Good game to you all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Brazil taxes video games in the same bracket as gambling, right? Tough break, bro.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I meant from the steam price.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nice. Thanks.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

its only 20 bucks on mexican steam hell yeah

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
what is a cool thing to do in this game

what would you who are playing it do, if you were to immediately start over

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.
how does this stack up to icewind dale

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
All these dudes with gold names are just Kickstarter backer NPCs right? They always have some crazy SOUL STORY to them.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
I really like how instead of cutscenes we get an illustrated choose-your-own-adventure novel

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Givin posted:

All these dudes with gold names are just Kickstarter backer NPCs right?

they are

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm playing a chanter and it's kind of cool it's like a bard but not the kind of bard where you feel like a lovely wizard. i like how you put songs together and it plays them continuously. haven't played enough to know if there are more interesting interactions between the mode and the incantations or w/e they're called... well, i'm going to sleep now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I made an Ocean Folk Human Monk and made him White.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Does Headon always survive the first encounter? I could only save him myself because I was unarmed and had 16 dexterity.

Dec 26, 2012

no

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This forum is dead as a door nail. Even the yospos games thread is getting more posts about this game.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Real gamers busy gaming.

Also I like how this game sorts saves by character instead of lumping them all together like every other game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

game is good. played for like four or five hours. the storybook poo poo's super cool and a smart way to do that stuff and the combat's very fun.clearing out the first dungeon and it's going pretty rough, i only won one fight because i dropped a fireball straight on my tank and then picked him back up with a quick heal before he ate poo poo. normal's kind of challenging but i wish i'd gone with hard, i might switch after i clear this dungeon. went with a cipher and am enjoying it a lot, it feels good to unload some spells and then wade in with a claymore. starting to feel like i might be outleveling the content around the first town but we'll see

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also the reputation system is very good and cool and with the triggers off it feels totally organic

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Fungah! posted:

also the reputation system is very good and cool and with the triggers off it feels totally organic

What are the triggers?

Also, has anybody made any gimmick characters yet? Weak fights? Dimwit Wizards?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What are the triggers?

there's a toggle in the options somewhere that makes it so dialogue shows how it affects your reputation and personality. it starts off by default and is way cooler like that IMO although i could see it being annoying for priests or paladins. it feels really cool and like you're defining a character as you play

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Givin posted:

Real gamers busy gaming.

Also I like how this game sorts saves by character instead of lumping them all together like every other game.

Non-ironman playing wimp detected.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Game is good.

See ya next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What are the triggers?

I intend to make as stupid a party as humanly possible, led by the clown Toot Mask, master of song and blunderbuss

• Locked thread