Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Governor was in the last game. He was Optimus Prime. Iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Well poo poo. I've just had confirmation that I was roleblocked last night.

Mason, or scum though? Given WMB was suggesting lynching me yesterday I'm going to guess that the masons have gone suss on me and tried to block me last night. Which was a colossal waste of an action. I do not and have not had any night kill powers.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TBK was top of my scumlist. I was going to reconsider that since being lynchproof is a pretty drat townie ability, but he says he doesn't know why it happened. So it's a governor or something, which doesn't say anything about TBK's alignment, only that the governor disagrees with me.

So he's not off the list yet, but he can drop down a couple places. Based on D1 behavior I was next looking at Uber (gone), then Gough and TOML. I was considering going for Gough instead last night but decided against it cause I was getting a vibe like he could just be misled town instead. He's not off the list entirely, but with WMB's flip I'd say TOML and black_tangled just took the lead for me.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi i'm about to head out and vote then get drunk so i may be around to phonepost a little but can't guarantee it.

Just wanted to confirm that i was not in a masonry with soag so don't come out and attempt to counterclaim it. I was merely weirded out that we kept posted the same conclusions at the same time.
i want to lynch TBK again unless someone claims to have saved him intentionally because that is not a townie way to use a lynchproof (i'm guessing it was 1-shot)

preview: No scum would roleblock you last night sky coq haha what

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
##vote sky coq

alright going to stick my finger up Baird's nostril bbl

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm still suss on tbk since I don't think a mason would've saved him and that leaves a lone town who doesn't know or a scum.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Last time, I was able to approximate the numbers and roles of scum because of the flavour text. That doesn't appear to be an option this time, sadly. I'm trying to review things from the start. See what leaps out at me.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

black_tangled kept WMB in the running competing with Splode, and much preferred Milky over the Splode vote, pushing the tie. However, one point is in her favour: she brought up Splode as a no-show where TOML did not. She could just be a nervous townie who was scared by Milky being ignored while the Splodewagon zoomed ahead. But she should look more suss if WMB flips town. -> WMB WAS TOWN :siren:

Mithranderp helped Splode stay ahead of WMB, then switched to Milky, explicitly saying she wanted to get both no-shows lynched together. Since she came in earlier on Splode to help establish him as the frontrunner, I'm not quite as suss on her. UNLESS it turns out WMB flips as more valuable scum than Splode. She could then have been trying to save WMB instead, then helped get the Milky option going, while giving a safe excuse of wanting to make sure all the no-shows got lynched. -> WMB WAS TOWN

Much MORE scummy is TBK, who instead tried to throw shade on Kat for that defense of Splode, right when it made no sense for scum to try and defend him anymore. This would be a much smarter scum move! He also made sure to get in a bit of mild disagreement with Uber Kosh, perhaps trying to make sure they didn’t look too linked: -> UBER WAS TRAITOR, COULDN'T KNOW
Possibly scummy depending on future data:

Mithranderp (if WMB is also scum, AND more valuable than Splode, she could be scum trying to keep Splode in a singular lead.) -> WMB WAS TOWN

Zetsubou-san (only joined Splode vote on bandwagon, but before Milky option. Becomes more suss if WMB is valuable scum, trying to save him) -> WMB WAS TOWN

Tirade (identical reasons to Zetsubou) -> WMB WAS TOWN, WMB WAS MASON.

Black_tangled was the first to point out Splode as a no-show, where TOML omitted him. This could earn her some townie points. However, if WMB is town, the “saving WMB by bussing Splode” theory is kaput, and she could be seen as pushing WMB as the first alternative lynch. -> THEORY SHOULD BE CHECKED OUT :siren:

Avshalom - (if TOML is town AND WMB is valuable scum, she could have been trying to push TOML as an alternative lynch when Splode and WMB were both in lead, then bailed thinking that she had no time and had to stick to Splode. She later pushed for the tie) -> WMB WAS TOWN

Hey Bif I went back to your effort post now that we have a bit more data, these points stand out.

So, I think b_t needs to be looked at more closely.

I also did a bit of collating on the vote history but everything is a bit of a wash until we get more info on alignments. This doesn't take into consideration bussing and townie ignorance so it's an aid not a list.
code:
ken	TOWN; TOWN;
Gough	NONE; TOWN;
Kat	TOWN; TOWN; (wmb both times)
Avs	TOWN; KEN?; 
B-T	TOWN; KEN?;
Mith	TOWN; KEN?;
Seagull	TOWN; KEN?;
busb	NONE; KEN?;
Coq	TIR?; KEN?;
Birds	AVS?; TOWN;
TOML	WDRW; TOWN;
Fruity	SCUM; TOWN;
Anidav	SCUM; KEN?;
Zets	SCUM; KEN?;
Tirade	SCUM; KEN?;
Gwyn	SCUM; KEN?;
Bif	SCUM; KEN?;

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, I think b_t is a good choice for that reason. Also TOML, since TOML was trying hard to push an early case on WMB, who would've been scum's main lynch alternative to save Splode until Milky was a convenient no-show. And cause WMB was most suss on TOML which would make scum want to silence him if he was right.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

So, I think b_t needs to be looked at more closely.
I am not opposed to this but I want to provide some useful IRL context: b_t is at an intensive two day uni thing this weekend and I don't think she's really going to be available until after 5pm today. Just mentioning this so that people don't misread her silence.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

busb posted:

##vote sky coq

alright going to stick my finger up Baird's nostril bbl

busb, you've voted for me consistently for two days based on bugger all evidence. Cards on the table time.

One shall stand, one shall fall.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh god not again.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh god not again.

Relax, the day doesn't end until midnight.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I can understand why Kat's worried , though. This might be town vs town again.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

Relax, the day doesn't end until midnight.

I think kats worried because we're in for another gladiator.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
this is immensely dumb if gladiator

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

haha, seriously? Welp, easy choice for me.

##vote SKY COQ

nice job protecting your scumbros b_t and TOML with this if you're a legit gladiator.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
my take: both idiot towns

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
wmb seemed to come around on busb so atm I'm leaning more towards sky coq, but hopefully we have some good defences by both of them today.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Going to go with Coq though because this actively fucks a potentially useful lynch.

##vote Sky Coq

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So Coq, you've got a gladiator power,and something different that was blocked last night?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##vote Sky Coq

Because of the two options I think you're more likely to be scum than busb.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
does anyone think either of these guys are scum

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Seagull posted:

Both of them are on my scummy list but I prefer Coq.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Seagull posted:

Nope, but I'm going to wait for Gaspy confirming that Coq just did a gladiator thing before I switch votes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't think busb is, his weird role sounded really townie to me and I was pretty suss on everyone trying to ignore that to keep framing him up.

COQ was lying a bit too low before for me to really put him on the list, but I kinda agreed whenever someone brought him up as potentially scummy. Pulling a gladiator match to single out busb when b_t and TOML are much stronger cases though, that seems a lot more suss to me now.

If he's town this was a pretty bad play I think. Which is why I'd like to hear more about his role and what he was trying to do if he was supposedly blocked. Don't know if the governor is more than a 1-shot but it'd be nice to try and determine if he's town just in case.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Gladiator??

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN

From now until deadline, only votes for SKY COQ or BUSB will count towards the lynch, even though Coq didn't actually follow his role text like a chump.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

busb, you've voted for me consistently for two days based on bugger all evidence. Cards on the table time.

Is this an action?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Those On My Left posted:

Is this an action?

Ha ha, nvm.

I don't have a read on Sky Coq, but busb was on my scum list for dumb poo poo posted re: soag, so

##vote busb

But I am open to persuasion

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If Coq is a Town Gladiator he could be trying to exhaust it while he has a chance and is using it against someone is suss on without any proof, as he said his action was blocked last night so it couldn't be based on an investigation

If Coq is a Scum Gladiator he could be trying to exhaust Governors, shut down a day's discussion and data by forcing us into two options, and potentially setting up busb to look more townie by association in the act.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't think busb is, his weird role sounded really townie to me and I was pretty suss on everyone trying to ignore that to keep framing him up.

COQ was lying a bit too low before for me to really put him on the list, but I kinda agreed whenever someone brought him up as potentially scummy. Pulling a gladiator match to single out busb when b_t and TOML are much stronger cases though, that seems a lot more suss to me now.

If he's town this was a pretty bad play I think. Which is why I'd like to hear more about his role and what he was trying to do if he was supposedly blocked. Don't know if the governor is more than a 1-shot but it'd be nice to try and determine if he's town just in case.

The person who brought me up earlier as "potentially scummy" was busb himself, who initially did so on account of me not posting a lot in the early hours of Day 2. Once I started effortposting, he kept his vote on me for ~*~reasons~*~. Today, straight out of the gate, he's on me again.

I am a town with several roles, much like yourself. One of them allows me to recruit a protege, and last night my intent was to recruit a player I believe at this point I can trust. Unfortunately, I was blocked, and so have lost that opportunity. With that option depleted, I'm going to try and focus attention on busb, who has been and low-content coasting for days now.

Today, I'm interested to see who comes out of the woodwork to defend him, as well as what else abruptly shifting the focus does for some posters. Bif, I'd also love to hear your other guesses on who our likely scum players are.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN

From now until deadline, only votes for SKY COQ or BUSB will count towards the lynch, even though Coq didn't actually follow his role text like a chump.

Also, you're right, apologies.

BUSB, I WILL CRUSH YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Hookshot posted:

BUSB, I WILL CRUSH YOU WITH MY BEAR HANDS[/b]

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

SKY COQ posted:

stealing my line is deeply uncool.

##vote SKY COQ

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Megatron posted:

Also, you're right, apologies.

BUSB, I WILL CRUSH YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOSWxDZprPI

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivUdvoITXXI

Prime: One shall stand, one shall fall!
Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly
Prime: That's a question you should ask yourself Megatron!
Megatron: No! I'll crush you with my bare hands!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My guesses are pretty much out there, but I've added one more so to recap:

b_t and TOML: top picks right now
TBK: still suss but not as much as those 2
Gough: becoming less suss but still on the list
Anidav: can't see anything overtly scummy he's done, but he's playing it a bit too quiet and safe. Definitely keep an eye on him.

No idea about you now, interesting role thing you got there. I wonder why you would have been blocked? Could there be some other explanation for why it was ineffective? You mind saying who it was you were trying to target?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm pretty confident that coq and tbk are megatron/prime. The only question is whether gaspy decided to be a prick and invert it, but tbk isn't in this vote so

##vote sky coq

• Locked thread