Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
That first half :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

That first half :negative:
You guys are playing like poo poo, I don't like these Warriors

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
John: "lets see if the Warriors can complete a set"

nope

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

John: "lets see if the Warriors can complete a set"

nope

To be fair that was pretty blatantly stripped.

Matulino playing well at least.
edit: haha the Bronco defender was so intent on pushing the Warrior chaser out of the play that he wasn't looking where he was going and crashed into the Bronco player contesting the catch, leading to a fairly easy Warrior try

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 29, 2015

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Doesn't excuse all the other sets

but yay finally something comes together

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Kata you greedy piece of poo poo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

How many loving replays do you want, that's a try.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

How many loving replays do you want, that's a try.
I know right, make a loving decision

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
?????

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ugggggh loving hell can't say we didn't have our chances today. That's a bullshit penalty though, if they called those all day we'd have 20 penalties per side per game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that's stupid

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Seriously this is one of the worst reffing performances I've seen. Like I'm honestly calling this ref a cheat.

So many hypocritical bullshit.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Argh goddamn

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That should be Warriors ball back not play on

what is this poo poo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What the gently caress, that's a Bronco knock on

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Seriously this reffing is insane.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

what is this poo poo

This is what it it is to be Warriors fan. Seriously you Knight & Tiger fans think you have it rough but you have absolutely no idea.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ouch

i'm happy because I tipped Broncs but also pissed because I like Warriors and wtf was that reffing

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ah gently caress it we'll take revenge in the cricket

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You guys lost it in the first half

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

What the hell are those raiders uniforms

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

Seriously this is one of the worst reffing performances I've seen. Like I'm honestly calling this ref a cheat.

So many hypocritical bullshit.

Smorgasbord posted:

This is what it it is to be Warriors fan. Seriously you Knight & Tiger fans think you have it rough but you have absolutely no idea.

lmao

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Look, I think we can all agree:

a) the refs have been abysmal so far this year, and have made some incomprehensible decisions.

b) supporting the tigers, knights and warriors will lead us all into an alcohol related suicide at some point.

We really should organise a goon group therapy session where we get together to lament our poor life choices and possibly get drunk enough to go murder Tony Archer and Gus.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm as happy as the next dude to blame referees because they are invariably terrible, but if you think the warriors deserved to win that game after that first half then lol

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

cpaf posted:

I'm as happy as the next dude to blame referees because they are invariably terrible, but if you think the warriors deserved to win that game after that first half then lol

We make a lot of mistakes and shoot ourselves in the foot but I don't know why that makes it ok that we're on the wrong side of the calls 90% of the time.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

cpaf posted:

Yeah we were loving TERRIBLE but that doesn't excuse some of the worst one sided reffing I've ever seen. If it was a one off it would be excusable but the fact of the matter is the Warriors have been on the end of calls like that on an almost weekly basis...since 1994. It makes following a frustrating bunch of clowns that much more frustrating.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Wonder how heavy the paper bag Koroibete gets after each game is, no other explanation for nobody else being able to pick him up ahead of Melbourne.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He's just a winger

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
These Melbourne jerseys are truly atrocious.

Best thing about this game is watching Thurston being far and away the best player on the field until he tries to get other Cowboys involved and they just can't keep up with him and screw it up somehow

e: hahah Thurston is on another level here, potting a field goal out of loving nowhere to tie it up right at the end

Hyperriker fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 30, 2015

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Holy gently caress Thurston.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's funny when the Storm lose but goddamn that's 3 wrong this week

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
He's still got it, clearly. Not just at the death, some of his kicking and long passing in general play is pinpoint accurate

Extremely good to see.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hyperriker posted:

These Melbourne jerseys are truly atrocious.

Best thing about this game is watching Thurston being far and away the best player on the field until he tries to get other Cowboys involved and they just can't keep up with him and screw it up somehow

e: hahah Thurston is on another level here, potting a field goal out of loving nowhere to tie it up right at the end

That's why I find Cowboys games so frustrating, Thurston defers to poo poo players like Lui way too much. Just push them out of the way and do it all yourself, you're the best player in the world for gently caress's sake

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The Cowboys look their best when Thurston does literally everything. He's such a talented player, but he's constantly brought down by everyone else loving up around him. If they could just get some consistent players around him they'd be premiership favourites.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

The Cowboys look their best when Thurston does literally everything. He's such a talented player, but he's constantly brought down by everyone else loving up around him. If they could just get some consistent players around him they'd be premiership favourites.

Tamaololo killed it last night

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Ben Henry has done his ACL. Again.

:smith:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Sir Kevin Sinfield, Leeds Rhinos' captain and one of super league's greatest ever players, and one of the best kickers in world rugby (e: nearly four thousand points in professional rugby league) has decided to switch codes at the end of the current season to play for the sister club at headingley, Yorkshire Carnegie. At 34 his time at the club was surely coming to an end anyway but it feels like a kick in the teeth all the same.

He joins Jamie Peacock in the 'rhinos legend, leaving' crew.

To say I'm loving gutted is a massive, massive, understatement.k

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Good luck to him. One of the best players I've ever seen in Super League.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I see Tilse to Hull KR.

Manly mate keeps hearing toodles to Manly. Anyone heard anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

MiniSune posted:

Manly mate keeps hearing toodles to Manly. Anyone heard anything?

Well theres this: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...315-144hpl.html

And he won his appeal against Cronulla for unfair dismissal

I wouldn't be surprised, really, Manly are already well established grub-enablers and are in desperate need of two new accomplished halves for 2016. Manly is also the most appropriate club in the NRL for a human being who urinates into his own mouth.

• Locked thread