Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TheRam posted:

I'm a piece of poo poo for suggesting that if you, as scum, used something emotive as a means of clinging to a bad vote as a way to lynch a town player with impunity then I would be disappointed with you. And that either way I'm pretty disappointed that my innocuous use couldn't be ignored because I just might need to be told about how not to victimise the less-privileged.

Yeh so awful, clearly I lack all empathy.

This is a lovely tangent, and the fact you are so quick to lecture me with that tone is ridiculous. Just because your heart is in the right place doesn't mean you're not being an rear end in a top hat!

Back to mafia, thanks.

You're a piece of poo poo for pulling the "If Asiina was doing this awful thing that would be shameful and disgusting. I'm not saying she is, but man that would be terrible and awful if she was."

You came up with a horribly offensive idea and then tried to attribute it to me, saying I would do something that awful.

So gently caress you, you don't speak for me. If you are so sick and twisted that you think that way then God help you, but don't try to latch that poo poo onto me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mod Post: Alright, I'm done with this.

Disclaimer: This is in no way related to anyone's alignment or any other in-game whatevers. Yell at anyone who suggests otherwise.

Don't call people retards. Idiot, rear end in a top hat, Scumbo McFarttaster, fine, that's cool, do your thing. But the next person who calls someone in any of my games retarded or a human being or any other slur is getting modkilled.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Mafia game.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
It's such a tremendous non-issue to me, knowing what I meant when I used that word, that I really cannot discount the possibility that I will forget this completely unnecessary ruling.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TheRam posted:

It's such a tremendous non-issue to me, knowing what I meant when I used that word, that I really cannot discount the possibility that I will forget this completely unnecessary ruling.
And then you will be modkilled, and your feelings about that will be a tremendous non-issue for me.

Alright, that's my last post on the subject, I'm done preaching now. Just waiting on one or two more actions and then Day 2 can start.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm done preaching now.

At least you acknowledge it.

You should modkill the jerks who take ages to submit night actions instead! :laffo:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

King Burgundy posted:

This is actually interesting though. I don't know why, but I assumed Morn was a returning old player, not a newbie. I think you mentioned it previously and I thought you were mistaken, but I just looked him up in votefinder and so he is.

I used to play on MafiaScum like 10+ years ago (I played a lot of games in their AIM chatroom, heh), so that's why you get this impression. I'm trying to re-learn how to ride the bike, as it were, plus also adjust to the fact that I'm (hopefully!) smarter and more flexible than I was as a teenager, plus of course get to know y'all and how you roll here on SA.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Fuckers :twisted:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I honestly think TheRam is scum and trying to latch on to anything now. I can see no other reason for him trying to swing a case on me that was a non-case and derailing the thread as much as he has.

If this is your town play, Ram...I just don't know.

Plus the "YOU REALLY WANT TO KEEP GOING DOWN THIS ROAD AND GO 0/2 NOW BRAH" is not something I will stand for so yeah, bring it buttface. Let's tango.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

You honestly thought Kleedrac was scum and were wrong, I said I thought your case was garbage and you thought I was scum.

Quidnose posted:

Plus the "YOU REALLY WANT TO KEEP GOING DOWN THIS ROAD AND GO 0/2 NOW BRAH" is not something I will stand for so yeah, bring it buttface. Let's tango.

TheRam posted:

Quidnose, now - how confident are you that I am scum at this point? Are you desperate to go 0/2? Or do you want to take a moment to reconsider that offending your sensibilities and not playing the way you would =/= scum?

Stop projecting things onto me. I didn't call your cases and confidence stupid because I am a thoughtless dudebro. I did it because I took the time to read the thread and realised that your case against Kleedrac was superficial, and your case against me (assuming you're town) centers around you misunderstanding my megapost significantly. I don't doubt that this is fueled by the fact I spent a large part of the post calling you stupid. I don't even really blame you that much for your misread since I did call you dumb a lot, and perhaps you're not used to how freely I call people stupid and where I come from when I do it.

Though when you say things like this:

Quidnose posted:

TheRam, if Diqnol is saying I am confirmed town and you believe him, why are you asking his opinion over mine on how you should use the Dragon Ball?

It makes me not really care about your opinions. You might be a great scum hunter, idk. Prove it and try to conquer your emotional response w/r/t me. Though, it was that very same response that made me think you are more likely to be town (disregarding Diq's claim).

I don't flail, I don't need to latch onto anything. I have only been given heat by two players that I think have been demonstrably weak and unconvincing especially in light of Kleedrac's flip. You assume way too much about me, and that's why you have been so ineffective.

Also I didn't choose to derail the thread, you did.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

You are spending a lot of your effort telling me and everyone else how we should be playing mafia. This is a distraction and not scum hunting.

D1 is a crap shoot and all cases are going to be superficial. To spend the entirety of the day harping on the fact that everyone else's case is bad while not offering anything else (beyond your own "superficial" cases on me and Asiina) is distracting and not scum hunting.

You have spent a shitton of time harping on Asiina for reasons that are not content or game related but instead are meta and outside of game influenced. This is not scum hunting.

You are not scum hunting and telling everyone you are. Ergo, you are scum.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey

so who's the scum?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Quidnose posted:

You are spending a lot of your effort telling me and everyone else how we should be playing mafia. This is a distraction and not scum hunting.
It's not effort, actually.

D1 is a crap shoot and all cases are going to be superficial. To spend the entirety of the day harping on the fact that everyone else's case is bad while not offering anything else (beyond your own "superficial" cases on me and Asiina) is distracting and not scum hunting.
My case against Asiina isn't superficial, it is the least superficial case made in this game so far.

You have spent a shitton of time harping on Asiina for reasons that are not content or game related but instead are meta and outside of game influenced. This is not scum hunting.
I cased Asiina, and responded to tangential things initiated by her.

You are not scum hunting and telling everyone you are. Ergo, you are scum.
My case against Asiina is one of the most comprehensive in this thread if not the most comprehensive. Ergo, I am scum hunting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mod Post: Night action PMs are going out now. I'm gonna ask everyone to not comment on their contents until I get all of them out, at which point, Day 2 will begin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

When morning comes, everyone gathers together again, expectantly waiting for something else to happen, some other terrible event. You aren't disappointed, as you find Vegeta lying face-down in the dirt, with blood coming from his mouth. His death must have been gruesome, because the camera never shows him below shoulder-level.

The Science of Suck, Vegeta, TOWN-aligned Jailor has had a hole blasted through their chest!

Role PM posted:

You are the Prince of All Saiyans! Yes, you're like forty, with a wife and kid, so it doesn't really make sense for you to still be a "prince", but shut up, Kakarrot.
Welcome, The Science of Suck, you are Vegeta, TOWN-aligned Jailor. Each night, as a night action, you may target another player, and challenge them to single combat. You will inevitably fail to kill them because of your own arrogance, but no one will be able to interfere. You will prevent all other active actions either performed by or targeting your chosen player.

It is now Day 2! Deadline is Wednesday, April 1st at 8 PM, EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
The Current Day 2 Votecount

Not Voting (11): Amnistar, Asiina, bowmore, Chic Trombone, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, imgay, King Burgundy, Mornacale, Quidnose, Rurea, TheRam

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is April 01st, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 1 hour.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Last night Rurea visited me, whereupon he changed my appearance and alignment to match his own. This was unspecified.

Rurea is probably a scum aligned framer, but it is possible he is a third party. Now, why his role was to make my form and alignment appear to be that of his I can think of a few reasons.

1) Rurea is a scum framer. I was a good target of cops last night.
2) Rurea is a 3P who is either attempting to steal the identity of, or hide from another.
3) Rurea is town - this doesn't really make sense, as the role acts only to confuse and potentially out town power roles.

##vote Rurea

I recommend you give me the next Dragon Ball. I remain an incredible recipient.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I used to be beautiful, and now I look like Captain Ginyu.

Rurea I am hurt. You tried to frame me.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Were you Bulma?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Also scum contains an incredibly cool person who killed a lurker.

This makes me suspicious of Diqnol, bowmore maybe KB and Amni.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

imgay posted:

Were you Bulma?

Nah, I don't really want to say who I was - yet. Flavour related is part of my full claim and since I probably just caught scum I would rather not over-explain I don't think it's in the towns favour.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Well, I still am that person. I double checked and I've no reason to believe my actual role has changed. Just any way I'm guessing Kleedrac the flavour cop would have interpreted it.

Considering I was framed and the person who my framing would trick (and out) has already flipped town, we really should just lynch Rurea. Give me another Dragon Ball, thanks in advance.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Finally I probably would have sat on things, and tried to get more info - but I didn't want anyone to claim if they did somehow alignment check me last night, and I want as quick a departure from that loving awful end of D1/night chat as possible.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did your power level go up TheRam?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TheRam posted:

Also scum contains an incredibly cool person who killed a lurker.

This makes me suspicious of Diqnol, bowmore maybe KB and Amni.

Hahahah, I had the same thought on this. poo poo, that is who I would have killed, or Diqnol would have killed. I wouldn't expect it from Bowmore, and I don't know Amni.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

King Burgundy posted:

Hahahah, I had the same thought on this. poo poo, that is who I would have killed, or Diqnol would have killed. I wouldn't expect it from Bowmore, and I don't know Amni.

Sadly, I rarely have enough sway over other players to convince them to kill lurkers.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what if I told you I would have killed the most prolific poster in a role heavy game?

i guess it doesn't matter

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, I'm down for voting Rurea based on that claim.

Rurea, what do you have to say for yourself?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I really wanna hear from Rurea

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TheRam posted:

Last night Rurea visited me, whereupon he changed my appearance and alignment to match his own. This was unspecified.

Rurea is probably a scum aligned framer, but it is possible he is a third party. Now, why his role was to make my form and alignment appear to be that of his I can think of a few reasons.

1) Rurea is a scum framer. I was a good target of cops last night.
2) Rurea is a 3P who is either attempting to steal the identity of, or hide from another.
3) Rurea is town - this doesn't really make sense, as the role acts only to confuse and potentially out town power roles.

##vote Rurea

I recommend you give me the next Dragon Ball. I remain an incredible recipient.

Well that is interesting.

I might was well give an explanation,

I am Captain Ginyu, ginyu force-aligned bodyswapper. I'm a 3rd party. Each night i can use my body swap power on a player and I will show up as their role, flavor and alignment to investigations and vice versa. This is a permanent change, so you will be Ginyu for the rest of the game sorry buddy! I win and exit the game when I successfully bodyswap with a target I've been given, and if you know the show at all i bet you can guess who it is.
The upside to this power is I can use it functionally as a role/alignment cop on people, and as long as we keep track of who gets swapped where I don't think it will be that confusing.
I will keep your role secret for now, so please don't kill me.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

so are you like a lyncher?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

bowmore posted:

Sort of

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

That's what it sounds like. Although I guess it sounds more harmless and possibly more helpful to town? If it's the truth.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It does sound potentially helpful

but I usually default to wanting to lynch 3rd parties

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, did anyone do anything to me/with me last night?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

That's what it sounds like. Although I guess it sounds more harmless and possibly more helpful to town? If it's the truth.

I dont actually have to kill my target so there's that

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Rurea posted:

I dont actually have to kill my target so there's that

What alignment was theRam?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Amnistar posted:

What alignment was theRam?

He is town

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Rurea posted:

Well that is interesting.

I might was well give an explanation,

I am Captain Ginyu, ginyu force-aligned bodyswapper. I'm a 3rd party. Each night i can use my body swap power on a player and I will show up as their role, flavor and alignment to investigations and vice versa. This is a permanent change, so you will be Ginyu for the rest of the game sorry buddy! I win and exit the game when I successfully bodyswap with a target I've been given, and if you know the show at all i bet you can guess who it is.
The upside to this power is I can use it functionally as a role/alignment cop on people, and as long as we keep track of who gets swapped where I don't think it will be that confusing.
I will keep your role secret for now, so please don't kill me.

So just to be clear, TheRam still has his power, but 1) you know what it is, and 2) you will show up as him (and vice versa) to investigations? Following from that, you're saying that Ram is confirmed town? Further, does anything happen to your target (the one that lets you win) when you swap with them? (I assume your target is a toad, right?)

Ram, what information about Ginyu did you receive when you got swapped? Also, what did you use the Dragon Ball to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm tempted to vote Rurea because "you will show up as him (and vice versa) to investigations" sounds entirely like a scum power

more info needed

• Locked thread