Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJi8B5K53Bc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

This is pretty good.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Notgothic posted:

It's definitely the most exciting thing related to this genre* that I've heard in the last five years, I love synthwave. Even back when I didn't know it was a whole genre with bands and labels and such, and just referred to it as "you know, those songs with 80s/90s synths that they have now".

*I suppose you could call it an extension of EBM? Meh, Perturbator's playing Terminus so it's genre enough for me at least.

As I've said before, everybody I know who's into synthwave/Outrun is also into industrial/ebm, and I don't know that many people into industrial/ebm.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
What's Deadsy classified as? :psyduck:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Pope Guilty posted:

As I've said before, everybody I know who's into synthwave/Outrun is also into industrial/ebm, and I don't know that many people into industrial/ebm.

What actual good Outrun bands are there? I've heard and like perturbator, but nothing else I've heard in sampler packs for the genre sounds even remotely as aggressive, interesting or good.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Sizone posted:

What actual good Outrun bands are there? I've heard and like perturbator, but nothing else I've heard in sampler packs for the genre sounds even remotely as aggressive, interesting or good.

I really like Dance With The Dead

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Quirk posted:

What's Deadsy classified as? :psyduck:

I'm still trying to figure out what M|O|O|N is. Some stuff defies classification.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Sizone posted:

Have you heard Carpenter Brut? That was my gateway drug to the genre.

Edit: And Dynatron is kind of hit-or-miss for me, but the hits are really good imo.

Pope Guilty posted:

I have a thought on this: the idea of synthwave/outrun/etc. is sort of replicating the soundtrack to movies that never existed, but they're the kind of movies that people in this scene tend to universally be into (70s horror-exploitation, 90s Terminator-ripoffs). Or if not movies, then SNES/Genesis games which, again, people in the scene are into (because we're all old).

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 27, 2015

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It might be partly because I don't currently have much to do here in Leipzig before the semester actually starts and I'm kind of bored, but holy poo poo I'm flipping so much aaaAAAA because tomorrow is Project Pitchfork day :supaburn:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oooh it's all here:

https://infactedrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/the-house-of-rain

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Welp.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Scene will Eat Itself

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Laibach specifically requested no industrial bands as support and when they got industrial bands as support, they vetoed them. I can't see the problem here. The Ministry thing looks like a one-off thing they wanted to do.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Hey guys Hard Wired has been remastered. Hey you can listen to it here: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3337600/front-line-assembly-hard-wired-remastered-album-stream-exclusive/

They're releasing a ridiculous limited 6LP set for it.

Help I'm losing all my money.

Lol I can't believe Hard Wired is 20 years old and nothing in the genre has barely scratched it since.

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 27, 2015

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Babby Sathanas posted:

Hey guys Hard Wired has been remastered. Hey you can listen to it here: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3337600/front-line-assembly-hard-wired-remastered-album-stream-exclusive/

They're releasing a ridiculous limited 6LP set for it.

Help I'm losing all my money.

Lol I can't believe Hard Wired is 20 years old and nothing in the genre has barely scratched it since.

I was surprised that box didn't have the Plasticity single in it, since that was of the same era and probably one of the best FLA tracks ever.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98lOJGTe1M0

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

magiccarpet posted:

The Scene will Eat Itself

Dude, wait another few years when Sascha is playing Hot Topics for KMFDM's mallgoth tour.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Sizone posted:

Dude, wait another few years when Sascha is playing Hot Topics for KMFDM's mallgoth tour.

Hey guys I heard Hot Topic are selling this amazing new Aloe Vera drinks!

[alternatively]

I can tell that you, that you play gigs at Hot Topic!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I haven't kept up with the thread but I just wanted to say, I've been digging the gently caress out of twitch.tv/ultra for the live stream of miami's ultra music festival. I missed all of 3/27, but I hope to see some rebroadcasts of it. So far watching some decent Blasterjaxx and I caught some awesome Axwell ^ Ingrosso, when it was legit live.

So pumped for tomorrow's stream. I just wish Palladia or AXS.tv had live coverage, as both are cable channels that pretty much show exclusively live festivals. I also read earlier today that Tomorrowland might be live streamed if I am not mistaken, which should be awesome as gently caress.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Scyron posted:

I haven't kept up with the thread

I see

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Scyron posted:

I haven't kept up with the thread but I just wanted to say...

Holy cow, very cool information! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely spread the news around!
Speaking of which, did you know there is a HUGE and untapped industry for Aloe Vera drinks?
PM me and I'll tell you all about my own business! It's an opportunity you can NOT miss out on!

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

What do people think is the best KMFDM album? I am less familiar with their older works, but think their recent stuff is pretty good, which I know is not a widely held opinion.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
UAIOE mostly is the best

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Portable Staplefrog posted:

What do people think is the best KMFDM album? I am less familiar with their older works, but think their recent stuff is pretty good, which I know is not a widely held opinion.

Retro, a compilation of the best songs off their earlier albums.

Angst is pretty good, too.

I've defended nu-KMFDM and think some of the recent albums are passably good. The last one, though, is when they finally lost their luster with me.

That said, if you get a chance to see them live, they're still able to put on a good show (and play a lot of older music).

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nihil. Yeah, it's kind of a metal album, but I think it has aged the best. It might also be the only album that doesn't have a song where they say "KMFDM" in the lyrics.

Songs like "Juke Joint Jezebel," "Beast," "Terror," and "Disobedience" still get my blood pumping to this day.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

XTORT and Symbols. Both albums that start and finish strong with no weakness in the middle.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
Our Time Will Come is KMFDM refined, highlighted, boiled down to it's essense and I get the feeling it might be their final album. If you never listened to KMFDM and wondered what they were about, that album sums it up. Unfortunately none of us have lovoing high school era memories attatched to it so I think it's going to take a few more years for us fans to digest it. MY personal favorite ablums in no perticular order:

ANGST - pure guitar driven riffage to fight the system
NIHIL - the band coming together in the perfect way to create the 2nd best mid 90s industrial rock album
XTORT - began with leftovers from NIHIL, sounds like the cohesion from NIHIL came apart and it's more a collection of neurons looking for an emotion to call home, in a good way.
ATTAK - officially the "NuKMFDM," has Skold, marked their reformation in 2001, it's pretty rawk and no too far from MDFMK
MDFMK - Probably the best. Everything sounds futuristic sleek and polished. It never gets old. Every track owns and sounds nothing like previous KMFDM
Symbols - KMFDM at thier finest. If there was one KMFDM album I'm pretty sure this is it. It sounds so grandoise and the pads and everything give this a weird dreamy vibe. When I think KMFDM, this or Angst is what comes to mind
WTF?! - In retrospect this was Symbols 2.0 now that I can listen to it a bit without too many weird memories. I saw a good chunk of the album, threw some poo poo at the wall to see what sticked and what didn't. I learned everything I could possibly want to know about 90s industrial during the making of and I don't know what fans think of this one because there's no way I can view this one the same way. I just love this album because it proved I was better than the best and harder than the rest.

And because I love them and bought them anyways:

Virus
Money
WWIII
Hau Ruck
Tohavabou

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

It might also be the only album that doesn't have a song where they say "KMFDM" in the lyrics.

But that's the best part of KMFDM. They're the only band that can pull it off without sounding stupid.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

KillHour posted:

But that's the best part of KMFDM. They're the only band that can pull it off without sounding stupid.

Heh hemmm, BS 2000

KLF

MORE OUTRUN ELCTRO BAND SUGGESTIONS PEOPLE!

I'm digging the gently caress out of Dances with the Dead and Carpenter Brut are totally not without their moments.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

mennoknight posted:

UAIOE mostly is the best

Back in the day I was behind UAIOE being the worst KMFDM album but after the last few I cannot say this anymore.

Angst, Nihil, Xtort, and Symbols are the best for different reasons. All are great and they're all so different. The golden era of KMFDM, I think.

For people who wanna get into outrun / synthwave / whatever this genre is called check out the following artists and go from there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOO1cMTkSg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYtVf0wvPpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtzevLN1mWU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrWI99niJW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5joTyy3CCo

Also this Trevor Something album is good, even if it's mostly "remixes" with some original stuff thrown in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYOtZvwNCsc

Kavinsky is good too but he's the Skrillex of this genre. There's better stuff out there.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

not my favorite but Hau Ruck is being ignored in lots of these posts and that's not right IMHO. I know others have split opinions on that album though.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I haven't decided if it's good or not, but The Prodigy's new album definitely exists.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Overbite posted:

For people who wanna get into outrun / synthwave / whatever this genre is called check out the following artists and go from there

Thanks for this, never heard of Carpenter Brut before, really loving it.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I thought WWIII was pretty solid. Although Nihil is definitely my favorite, also: I think even the worst Pig album is better than anything KMFDM ever did.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have a soft spot for Naïve and Money. The Money tour was one of my first industrial shows. They were released during what was, in my opinion, the golden age of industrial and probably the height of the industrial scene in Chicago. Good memories.

All that said I think Nihil is their best album.

poo poo, I just realized I've seen KMFDM three times and I think the first must have been Naïve. gently caress, I'm old.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 31, 2015

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

not my favorite but Hau Ruck is being ignored in lots of these posts and that's not right IMHO. I know others have split opinions on that album though.

Yeah, I've always been a fan of Hau Ruck. Unlike nearly (note: nearly) every other KMFDM album ever, and especially the newer ones, Hau Ruck doesn't have any real stinkers.

I'd have to say XTORT is probably my favorite KMFDM album, and I love ANGST a ton as well, but I have to say that after nearly ten years of being a pretty hardcore fan of KMFDM I'm incredibly burnt out on them right now and can't even bring myself to listen to the older albums.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Also I'm probably the only person who actually likes Adios, an album that has literally three good songs out of ten (Adios, D.I.Y and That's All). But that is because the good songs are so good that I kind of forget how lame the rest of the album is.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I actually like most/all of Adios. :shobon:

Seabound tonight :dance:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Also I'm probably the only person who actually likes Adios, an album that has literally three good songs out of ten (Adios, D.I.Y and That's All). But that is because the good songs are so good that I kind of forget how lame the rest of the album is.

You forgot Full Worm Garden which is the best song (fact)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Ogre needs to do more collabs. Rx was pretty good.