Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
That device might channel anidav votes into Bif. He gets lynched, she gets blown sky high or some junk. Someone unvote anidav. See what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

if you're telling the truth you have nothing to fear, Anidav!

Indeed, why are you so afraid of your claims being tested? Oh right, "because then I'll only have 1 lynchproof left". Like Scum ain't gonna shoot you in your sleep anyway if you're town.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
:stare:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

That device might channel anidav votes into Bif. He gets lynched, she gets blown sky high or some junk. Someone unvote anidav. See what happens.

NOOO not you too with this junk

cmon Anidav take one for the team

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

pshaw theres only 20 minutes anyway BRING IT

That's not a transformer :colbert:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So the bomb is attached to my votes?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I doubt the device is any more or less than a DayVig with extra flavour.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Not Bif!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
A

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If someone drops the tie at the last minute, assuming we can even get it to a tie, that heavily implicates both Mith and the person affecting the tie. A scum team that is now -3.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gough switch cause Anidavs never gonna

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
oops got caught up lets double lynch carn!!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Current theories:

- Mith is a lynch bomb and Bif was the hammer
- TOML used Gwyns evil device
- Kat used a non-Gwyn device from N1 without knowing what it does
- Someone else used the device
- A device went rogue :confused:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Gwyn's device was used and was definitely safe & good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Current theories:

- Mith is a lynch bomb and Bif was the hammer

no i was 1 off. vote Anidav.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kat Delacour posted:

Gwyn's device was used and was definitely safe & good.

Scratch that one then.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

## unvote
## vote Mithranderp

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

no i was 1 off. vote Anidav.

NOW, MOFO

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This is weird and sounds scummy given Mith's silence.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Well. That makes tie much less likely.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Gwyn is my hero. :swoon:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
This is not the outcome i desired

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

YOU ALL SUCK SO LONG ASSHOLES :dance:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

YOU ALL SUCK SO LONG ASSHOLES :dance:

I tried to save youuu

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
don't die bif!!!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Wait, bif is scum?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
ANIDAV

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
V
A
D
I
N
A

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

RESULTS DELAYED BY 24 HOURS, PLEASE STAND BY!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

OKAY FINE FLAVOUR FLIP WILL GO HERE BUT:

RIP MITHRANDERP, SCUM ALIGNED NINJA ROLECOP.

GET YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS TO ME YOU HUGE JERKS.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

IN ONE SECLUDED PART OF THE BATTLEFIELD, JAZZ IS WAITING FOR HIS TEAM MATES!

Jazz sighs heavily to himself, listening for the telltale sound of metal footsteps.

He picks a song from his recordings into Earth culture and settles in, waiting for his team to arrive.

A SUDDEN CLANG!

OH IT'S JUST OPTIMUS!

Jazz gives a friendly wave to his leader, relieved to see him.

OPTIMUS PRIME: "Fight looking good tonight?"

JAZZ: "Yeah I dunno. Where're the others?"

OPTIMUS PRIME: "Warpath's on his way, Snarl is coming separately. Had an injury to take care of."

A SUDDEN CLANG!

OH IT'S JUST WARPATH!

Jazz is very excited to see his friend!

JAZZ: "Fight going okay?"

WARPATH: "YEAH NOT GREAT, BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES!"

JAZZ: "Where'd you get that idea from?!"

WARPATH: "FROM YOU. IT'S SOMETHING YOU SAY."

JAZZ: "Heh. Well it's true I guess..."

Meanwhile Snarl is failing to parallel park outside. It is an allegory. He finally gets it though.

A SUDDEN CLANG!!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

- WAVE COMPLETE -

WAVE FIVE BEGINS!

THE COUNTER ON BIFAUXNEN'S DETPACK CONTINUES TO COUNT DOWN!

THOSE ON MY LEFT IS SUFFERING EXTREME BOUTS OF MECHANO-INTESTINAL DISTRESS AND MAY NOT VOTE TODAY!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (14): Anidav, Avshalom, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, black_tangled, busb, Fruity Gordo, Gough Suppressant, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, Seagull, Those On My Left, Tirade, Zetsubou-san

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 02nd, 2015 at midnight EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 6 minutes.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hello friends gj yesterday~ I wish my initial cop investigation had worked on Mith dayum

I find myself somewhat confused at the detpack still counting down and the votestripping effect on TOML.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I believe TOML is sick IRL. Therefore not forums active today.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
nah I think it's bc toml is real sick irl, he's been posting about it in the chat thread

lol scum is getting owned

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I am somewhat tamed on b_t today given her recent voting esp early on mith yesterday.

We should have dual lynched it would have been sweet :(

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

busb posted:

Hello friends gj yesterday~ I wish my initial cop investigation had worked on Mith dayum

I find myself somewhat confused at the detpack still counting down and the votestripping effect on TOML.

Are the two connected or is it that TOML is a bit over it right now?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all! Apparently my countdown lasts long enough that I can get in some more posting today. I’m not going to expect another full day out of it though, especially after I apparently made it mad and ticking faster by casting another vote last night. So this is what I prepared as my next-to-last words, cause I got no clue how much time's actually left.

The scum have been hit hard now, and have lost a ninja in particular. There are only so many people they can kill at a time, and so many things they can do without being cornered and spotted. I think it’s an appropriate time for people to keep making more claims as needed to solve the puzzle. If you want to do it more gradually and cautiously instead of a mass claim, perhaps we can focus on things to solve this puzzle first: the second inventor.

Kat has claimed to receive more than one item in one night from the lightning rod on N1. So regardless of who has what alignment, someone other than Gwyn should be out there making devices. Can anyone else come forward to claim making them, or receiving them? If not, that makes it all the more likely that this second inventor is scum, giving their devices to scum to use quietly. If Anidav is scum this could even be the true origin of his sensor, if these inventors have little control over what they create. (or Kat could be making the whole thing up about there being more devices, which would be an alternate solution to the puzzle. I don't think that's too likely though)

Speaking of Anidav, he’s the 2nd puzzle. Mith flipped as Ninja Rolecop. Not ninja roleblocker. Unless she had some special invention from a scumventor, Kat’s failure in using the nexus on Anidav was NOT due to a roleblock done by the ninja. (reminder: I doctored+watched Kat N3, but only saw myself acting on her) This and Fruity’s claiming a simultaneous failure on Anidav suggests that either:

1. Anidav is lying about his role, and can commute/hide/etc.
2. Anidav was protected by outside forces (a jail or something equivalent)

#2 also suggests that Anidav could be scum, actually. This is why I wanted so badly to test his lynchproof claims. TWO-shot lynchproof combined with his visitor claim sounds like a perfect story he cooked up just to save his hide, making us hesitant to “waste our time” lynching him. I don’t trust him. His play is totally self-centered, if he really is truthful town, he shouldn’t have feared using up only one of his two-shots if it helps us believe him to avoid wasting time on him later. But since he did get in fairly early in the Mith lynch yesterday, he might be a 3P rather than scum.

And now my current scumlist. I already mentioned Anidav. B_t has dropped off my scumdar for her amazing efforts in hunting down the ninja. TOML remains on my suss list though, since he only gave lip service to the idea of voting for Mith, and never followed through. TOML is also one of the group of people who have never claimed any actions.

Gough also remains on my suss list, and yesterday didn’t change anything. He only joined the Mith lynch really late yesterday after it was a foregone conclusion. (hell even I’d joined in by then, finally leaving the TOML train) He too has never claimed anything.

Zetsubou is a mystery, he’s been really reserved and aloof this game. Also worth a hard look I think.

Gwyn remains a frustration for town, coasting on that one early Splode vote. I was wrong about b_t, and maybe I could be wrong about Gwyn being town as well. If I am, that means TOML would probably be misunderstood town, bravely holding onto that conviction about Gwyn despite my firm opposition. Maybe finding out more about the 2nd inventor will help shed more light on Gwyn’s alignment in comparison.

Finally, Fruity deserves a great deal of credit for her crucial Splode vote giving us such an amazing kickstart. But since then she’s never seemed to be on the right side of a lynch. Could she have just made a mistake, now coasting on the rep from that one vote? I still find her very unlikely as scum, but… just don’t forget that it’s technically possible, I guess, if things roll on and nothing changes and we just can't find that last scum no matter how we try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i have no idea if they're connected i'm just confused what alignment would use such a thing on TOML or what the purpose of it is.

• Locked thread