Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Hopefully never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

HGH posted:

I wonder if this thing will ever die?

Unlike Lilah's baby Loss shall live forever.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The MSJ posted:

Guess what show is coming back?

Skinman!
I am ready and waiting for more PecsFiles.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can that which was never born die?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I can't get over fractal loss.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

its a comic for closeted gays

I... just started reading it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A lot of the crazy/famous poses in Jojo are straight up ripped from italian fashion models. It's just that instead of emaciated waifs it's hypersculpted muscular dudes.

There was a pretty ridiculously lengthy article someone made that had the fashion model photos alongside the corresponding jojo poses, but I lost the link.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

A lot of the crazy/famous poses in Jojo are straight up ripped from italian fashion models. It's just that instead of emaciated waifs it's hypersculpted muscular dudes.

There was a pretty ridiculously lengthy article someone made that had the fashion model photos alongside the corresponding jojo poses, but I lost the link.

Jojo itself was the weird fanart all along.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Source

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I keep seeing these fan made Death Battle screens all the time. They're always terrible and concerning characters that aren't good match ups at all.

WickedHate has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Aug 15, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

I keep seeing these fan made Death Battle screens all the time. They're always terrible and concerning characters that aren't good match ups at all.

But where's Amy Rose from!?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

WickedHate posted:

Great. Put a Sonic fan character in the suit and replace the cool, unique scissor blade with a generic sword. Cool. Good job, fan artist.

*autist

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

But where's Amy Rose from!?

Hell.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I had a hunch and, yeah, page 3 of this thread there was a big ol' effort post with the poses side by side.

FirstAidKite posted:

a bunch of fashion pics

I also found this collection of Jojos from some fashion photoshoots which is kind of neat.

Dunno if it counts as fanart, but it's a weird and incestuous loop here.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Basically all this thread is telling me is that JoJo fills the"I'm not ready to come out of the closet yet even though everybody else has figured it out, so let me talk your goddamned ear off about anime instead" niche. Like Utena, but for guys.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I am an open and proud Jojosexual, thank you very much.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
:puckout:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I am an open and proud Jojosexual, thank you very much.

Joseph trying to seduce Nazis by dressing as a sexy Mexican lady (everything about it)

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Read that top part and immediately thought of Deimosexual and cracked up thanks.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FUSION!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
would

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Danm, these are awesome!

Panzer Vor!

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Anyone have a link to the artist's page? I want to see more.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

And then John was a fabulous

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Some brief context so you can fully appreciate:

Some of you may remember a Canadian band called The Philosopher Kings. A select fewer of you may remember that a couple members broke off to do their own little weird eurodance-y thing called Prozzäk in the late 90s. It was a (poorly) animated band kinda thing that had its own neat little charm; they released 3 albums (the discog lists 4 but the third album was a "best-of" with only one new song) and fizzled away by 2005.

Here's a quick video from 1998 for anyone who has the time or is feeling nostalgic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ood8KdZo1U

Meet their biggest fan to this day, notable not for particularly hosed-up content or anything, rather just for the sheer volume, persistence, and obsession of it. She must be the only person in the world with a 100% Prozzak-based drawing style.

A random sampling of her work over the years:

The very first. "Simon is sleeping in class again," pictured with Mary Sue character "Minnie Mae"

One of the very few times we see Milo/James. She fixates on Simon/Jay almost exclusively.

Tanuki Simon

She also has pages and pages of comics with her Mary Sue, Simon, and a bunch more Original the Characters(donotsteal).

Spoopy Simon

By now it's been 5 years since Prozzak has released an album, with zero news or movement on any future projects. But that won't stop her from making a Simon plushie based on her vampire Simon pictures!

Or, for that matter, a plushie of her Mary Sue. And a lot of other plushies, too. I think she started selling them at cons?

Simon and Minnie Mae still have CRTs in 2012. heh scrubs

"What is Slender man's worst fear? A brave Tomboy."

"Would you like a lovers bite" might be the only piece related to any of their lyrics. Vampsimon again.

For a sec I was like "hey cool maybe she's found someone ELSE, maybe irl, to focus on n--"

Wait nope (uploaded like a day or two ago)

edit: there's seriously over 1300 or so pics in her gallery and they're probably 80-90% this stuff.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

And Simon has empty space where his neck should be because...?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I seriously cant believe you spend 12 years drawing with that kind of autism and you dont improve at all. The only thing I can say is that maybe the lines are straighter.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hihohe posted:

I seriously cant believe you spend 12 years drawing with that kind of autism and you dont improve at all. The only thing I can say is that maybe the lines are straighter.

Well when your art is less about creative expression and more about indulging a profound obsession, you tend to not care much about how it looks.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Hihohe posted:

dA is a hell of a drug. Any two-bit poo poo can wind up with a clan of followers telling them how everything they do is perfect and shouting down anyone who even so much as insinuates that there's the slightest room for improvement.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well when your art is less about creative expression and more about indulging a profound obsession, you tend to not care much about how it looks.

That too.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

dA is a hell of a drug. Any two-bit poo poo can wind up with a clan of followers telling them how everything they do is perfect and shouting down anyone who even so much as insinuates that there's the slightest room for improvement.

That too.

It also doesnt help that the encouragement of idiots flows all the way to the very top. Check out their "daily deviations" supposedly (and formerly) one picture was chosen daily that was special or good in some way to showcase. Nowdays anyone can get it if they daw fanart the people who pick it likes or are popular enough. Meanwhile the rare individuals on the site that are actually accomplished artists get passed over because none of their pieces feature Naruto or furries with huge tits.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Concordat has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Mar 30, 2015

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rahonavis posted:

And Simon has empty space where his neck should be because...?

I dunno, it's part of the original style, if you check out any of the Hot Show music videos. Her characters do/don't have necks based entirely on that.

They actually changed that style a bit for the last album, and the mood of the music got way more melancholy-to-maudlin, but I actually really liked that album (back then anyway, I haven't revisited it in a while and don't plan to):

edit: hah just noticed for the first time that this one doesn't have a neck either

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I love that little mac is basically unchanged except for the cloths.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Agean90 posted:

I love that little mac is basically unchanged except for the cloths.

The clothes don't even look all that odd on him, and he's totally rockin' that scarf.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maisie Williams is the latest GoT actor to be in Doctor Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

various pieces from my tumblr dashboard

http://that-drat-bunny.deviantart.com/art/TOON-512124248

http://aardcore.deviantart.com/art/ONE-MUST-FALL-2097-160173476

• Locked thread