Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve
That's a pretty kickass mechanic.

Here's a shot of my two babies from last summer in my garage at the same time (the older one usually stays at my parents' house):

Now that I have an actual baby, one of these two will probably have to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
How is that the only picture you have of your camaro? I can hardly see it but its clearly awesome as hell. More!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Had an alignment and got my ad08r's fitted, very impressed with em!

I've realy got to take the front plate off again, but I had to put it back on to pass the mot.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

So I have this:

88 IROC 350 5.7

Beauty!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

track day bro! posted:

I've realy got to take the front plate off again, but I had to put it back on to pass the mot.
Black car/gold wheels is my favorite combo. Nice car!

Aleks_r
May 13, 2005

Fili Dilecti Sanctae Barbarae
I really, really, really look forward to the god drat snow melting away in the sun like Michael Jacksons nose under stage spotlights. Why? Well, so i can put on the summer tires again. With rims that doesn't make my Passat look like an old mans car.

Aleks_r fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 27, 2015

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

track day bro! posted:

drat that looks nice

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

I'm going to merk you at brands m8

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
im gonna merk u at lewisham mcdeez

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

From the context, I'm assuming that "merk" means "kiss."

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

meatpimp posted:

And "Merkin" means "Kissin"

:haw:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

meatpimp posted:

hell, I'd kiss a5h

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

:drat:

Third gens are so cool,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyFVocniv8

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Dyno and (re)tune day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vTK80-Ozns

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Aleks_r posted:

I really, really, really look forward to the god drat snow melting away in the sun like Michael Jacksons nose under stage spotlights. Why? Well, so i can put on the summer tires again. With rims that doesn't make my Passat look like an old mans car.

That doesn't look good. Old mens cars have class. That looks like "bling bling riyyyyyms, yo

Really the trend of big wheels and small sidewall is the worst part about modern cars and car culture. I miss 13 and 14 inch wheels. (To the point where if I get a new sports car I think I'm going to have to spend money installing worse brakes so I can fit small wheels.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004
Spring is here!

(I hate the settings I used for the second photo and will probably "re-develop" it, I guess, but I spent too long on it already)

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

It has occurred to me that no one believes me when I tell them I run Super Advans as my winter wheels, I finally have proof. Plus I didn't have any recent pictures of the whole car. That's fixed now.

Now once spring finally arrives in this neck of the woods I can rectify the colour mismatch.

I love this car. Most fun DD on the planet.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

So I have this:

That's beautiful, man.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Ludicro posted:

I know you joke about it in your other post, but over here there is a very real and virulent hostility from a lot of the old Mini owners towards the new ones, to the point of actually vandalising their cars at events and such. Such attitudes have been slowly fading over time to the point its now very rare but its still about.

Interesting. I don't really mind the new Mini owners. Old school Minis are really uncommon here (I've never seen another one on the road in Chicago). So I get buckets of love driving around, the most of which comes from people in those new Minis."

Because I'm driving what they ~really~ wanted to buy. :smug:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

TBF I've referred so many people to Gary over the years, alongside my own business, that when I do bring in the car for something minor, especially when no/few parts are required, I rarely get charged for it. About once a year on a midsize job, he'll knock off all the labor as a "thanks" for the referrals.

He is also someone I happily send my female friends to, as he is respectful, equally as honest as he is with men, and takes time to "show and tell" exactly what's wrong. And if there's nothing wrong? "No charge, I didn't fix anything."

And free lift time if he has a bay available (which isn't very often, as his reputation keeps him stacked for days.)

He has a fridge full of a variety of awesome beers in the back bay as well.

I have the best, most honest, most reasonable mechanic in all of Southern California.

:3

Where in So. Cal? I could use a good shop.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

POKEMAN SAM posted:

Spring is here!

(I hate the settings I used for the second photo and will probably "re-develop" it, I guess, but I spent too long on it already)

This is such a great colour!

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

MattD1zzl3 posted:

That doesn't look good. Old mens cars have class. That looks like "bling bling riyyyyyms, yo

Really the trend of big wheels and small sidewall is the worst part about modern cars and car culture. I miss 13 and 14 inch wheels. (To the point where if I get a new sports car I think I'm going to have to spend money installing worse brakes so I can fit small wheels.

Good luck finding tires, but you're never going to buy a new sports car because they all have power steering.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Dustoph posted:

Where in So. Cal? I could use a good shop.

North Hollywood, on the SW corner of Burbank and Clybourn. Yellow building with red bay doors, says MILs Automotive. Ask for Gary.

Clockwork Sputnik fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 30, 2015

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

wallaka posted:

Good luck finding tires, but you're never going to buy a new sports car because they all have power steering.

Yup, have to buy new wheels for the wife's NA Miata because there just aren't any good all-seasons in 14" anymore.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Got a retune on mine too. Not quite as much power as you though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTUk5GK0u1w

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues

2014 Jeep Cherokee w/ blackouts

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

doogle posted:

:stare:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

doogle posted:

Amazing out of a B series. Love it. Keep on keepin' on. :)

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

doogle posted:

That license plate :swoon:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

admiraldennis posted:

Every time I see one of these I can't stop laughing at how the front looks like a stereotypical chinese characture. All it needs is the rice patty hat.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Pothole wrecked my 18" oem wheel last Thursday, so I replaced them with all new 18" wheels ensuring the same thing will happen again.

I'll take nicer photos once I clean my car for the first time since fall. For reference they're Enkei Performance edr9's in the regular black, not the hyper black which I assume is the glossy paint. The funniest thing about this was the guy who works at Mr. Tire was way more excited about the whole process than I was. I wish I got as much joy from my work as he does. This is actually his photo he texted me.

Also gently caress D.C. and your potholes.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I put Apex Arc-8 on all four corners last year after all of my oem wheels were were difficult egg shaped, and liked the idea of getting lighter wheels for cheaper than BMW wanted.

Philly roads are not first world.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

admiraldennis posted:

The blackout makes them look a lot better.
It took me months before I realized that the headlights were not in the upper slits, but in the cavities below them. Didn't see one in the dark until recently.

I have acquire a Crown Vic P71:

Cop flat buckets:

Vinyl back seat:

(Still need to clean out the PO junk.)

Cavernous trunk, especially when the spare is up on the deck where it belongs:

After a few hours quality time with 3M Adhesive remover and a plastic scraper:

Doesn't appear to have been a patrol car - no cage, only one hole in the roof, no holes in the dash, and the back seat is barely used, if at all.
Only 143K miles, and it has the 3.55 limited slip rear, and cold AC.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9s6rSGdF9Q

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Darchangel posted:

Doesn't appear to have been a patrol car - no cage, only one hole in the roof, no holes in the dash, and the back seat is barely used, if at all.
Only 143K miles, and it has the 3.55 limited slip rear, and cold AC.
I'd still slow the gently caress down if I saw you tailgating me out of habit.

My first (truly) new car. Spent Tuesday learning how to manual. A door has been opened into a better world.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Pander posted:

I'd still slow the gently caress down if I saw you tailgating me out of habit.

My first (truly) new car. Spent Tuesday learning how to manual. A door has been opened into a better world.

The current crop of Mazdas are very pretty.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

HairyNipple! posted:

The current crop of Mazdas are very pretty.

Yeah, even the CX-5 and CX-7s had me drooling slightly at the showroom. Cars in GENERAL, outside of the goofy fuckers like the Cube, Juke, Veloster, Soul, look so much better now than they did even 10 years ago.

The only thing that I have a small sad about is that the blues for the 3s were bad. One's a pastel sky blue and the other might as well be black. The Honda Fit has such a great looking electric blue, if I could have gotten my car in that I would be 100% happy.

Instead I'm 99.99%.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to taking real pictures since it's fairly clean, except for the front wheels because :effort:. Those are still the base wheels with 285/45 blizzaks while I redo a set of the black spider monkies I picked up on ebay for summer tires. It's not a driver's car like the S4 but it's still crazyfast for it's size and the interior is excellent with all kinds of useful doodads.

doogle
May 24, 2003

I put some new wheels on my daily and actually washed it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Being sick is the worst. I want to sell all my cars and start over.