Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

idgi, it looks like descent but with modern graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't say Alone in the Dark for the Wii was the worst purchase I've ever made, but holy poo poo was it bad. The New Nightmare always looked cool, though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Loool you just reminded me that Harold Ramis is dead. :smith:

drat, I didn't know that. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Haha, now you know that he's dead AND you learned about it from the Steam thread.

:smith:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hey the Steam thread is a wholly reliable source of celebrity death news.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh and the Spatials is out!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346420/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnhXmMEKgEM

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Neat, kind of like a modern Bullfrog game. That's going on the wishlist.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Same here. I'd grab it NOW but I already have on one hand Pillars of Eternity and Cities Skylines on the other.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

That scene in the game is legendary.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Great icon guys, really nice work:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

The Joe Man posted:

That looks like a title you unlock in SFIV.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So weird musical RPG thing Sequence got its name changed to Before the Echo for weird legal reasons. Just a heads up.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Steam Testimonials:
As a newbie myself (never played a MOBA before this one) I found [Infinite Crisis] easy to learn and really addicting. People can be toxic if you keep dying (dying gives the other team points for upgrades) so I recommend you focus on healing items and staying alive in the early learning curve, but most of the time people don't talk at all.

If you like DC characters and wanna try out a moba this is the best you can get. Few bugs still in there but can be fixed by restarting client.

------------
My review: game is trash 0/10, everyone's scrub :boom: :boom: :boom:

------------

Also more Poison Ivy since the last one ran out:

http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/i...-skin-giveaway/

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Imagine the disappointment when they reveal she's actually just a stepsister. Yeah, man.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

idgi, it looks like descent but with modern graphics

It's yet another MOBA. This time with descent POV and controls.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lordfrikk posted:

Imagine the disappointment when they reveal she's actually just a stepsister. Yeah, man.

N-no way oni-chan.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

The Joe Man posted:

The actual game executable's icon is much nicer, it's the Steam shortcut they've hosed up somehow. Then again given that they weren't able to implement cloud saving, achievements, or even controller rumble, not a huge shock.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mokinokaro posted:

It seems they added* single-player and co-op, which were not there when they launched it on Kickstarter. They said in an update, "we mistakenly left it off the original page...I wanted to introduce that along the way and surprise everyone" :lol:

Problem is, I remember the original page only mentioning single-player as an afterthought along the lines of "eh, we may introduce single-player content later on", and wayback machine shows them describing it later as "Descent: Underground's initial release will include a single-player mini-campaign that serves as a prologue to the full campaign. " and co-op in the FAQ as "Our multi-player is already co-op of a sort, and we plan to add cooperative play to our single-player game, as well.". Now they address them as regular modes in their current kickstarter page, so I'm inclined to believe that they really only planned it as a terrible moba-like and are adding these in to try and appease and attract backers.

tl;dr: descent kickstarter seems to be kinda full of poo poo, is most likely moba/"e-SPORTS" focused, and i suggest staying away from the poop

Orv
May 4, 2011
Also fun is the head devs foremost video game credit is a game he stopped working on before it even launched. Multiple years before it launched.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Sweet, a finished version of SpaceBase DF-9.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
I only played Spatials for a hour or so before I went back to Eternity but it was really solid and actually looks pretty deep.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Oh

oh...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sleeveless posted:

I don't think that being skeptical about using multiple layers of obfuscation to access a foreign site in with prices that look too good to be true is unwarranted, let alone something to get this salty about.

So, don't buy from foreign sites, because they're out to get you?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

Jesus christ

The joke is that they're in an incestuous relationship

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I like how there's that other Descent clone that's a perma-death, crafting, procedurally-generated, "rogue-like". It's either gotta be Indie as gently caress or be a MOBA; There's no room in the game market for a spiritual successor that's similar in style to the original.

It's like a microcosm of the game industry.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Tezzeract posted:

Steam Testimonials:
As a newbie myself (never played a MOBA before this one) I found [Infinite Crisis] easy to learn and really addicting. People can be toxic if you keep dying (dying gives the other team points for upgrades) so I recommend you focus on healing items and staying alive in the early learning curve, but most of the time people don't talk at all.

If you like DC characters and wanna try out a moba this is the best you can get. Few bugs still in there but can be fixed by restarting client.

------------
My review: game is trash 0/10, everyone's scrub :boom: :boom: :boom:

------------

Also more Poison Ivy since the last one ran out:

http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/i...-skin-giveaway/

Whole lotta crossposting from you about this here game and it's got me interested! I played it a bit during the early alpha/beta and I didn't think much of it and it was pretty much dismissed in the thread that arose about it. Is it...good now? Or playable? It's kind of a crowded field now, with League and DOTA looming large and Smite as well, and Heroes of the Storm up and coming.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Whole lotta crossposting from you about this here game and it's got me interested! I played it a bit during the early alpha/beta and I didn't think much of it and it was pretty much dismissed in the thread that arose about it. Is it...good now? Or playable? It's kind of a crowded field now, with League and DOTA looming large and Smite as well, and Heroes of the Storm up and coming.

When I played during beta, it felt like it was basically a melting pot of good features from other games. I didn't think it was that bad, but ymmv.

Orv
May 4, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It is not, Tezzeract is a madman.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nocturne was the picture of "gorgeous game that plays like poo poo". I loved it back in the day too, but it was not "good" by any stretch of the imagination.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Would it be too much to just refit Descent's multiplayer with modern graphics? Forget ships, forget singleplayer, just the clusterfuck we know and love.

Also, Nocturne may have been a bad game, but it really knew how to have style. Sadly, it doesn't even have the cult following that'd warrant a sequel.
Then again, neithe did AitD...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nocturne got Bloodrayned. It will be difficult for the series to lose the tits.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

New Concept Hole posted:

I like how there's that other Descent clone that's a perma-death, crafting, procedurally-generated, "rogue-like". It's either gotta be Indie as gently caress or be a MOBA; There's no room in the game market for a spiritual successor that's similar in style to the original.

It's like a microcosm of the game industry.

There was a fairly similar in style, single player focused Descent clone a while back called Retrovirus. Unfortunately the weapon, map, and enemy design were all terrible, and they also tried to cram RPG elements in for ... some ... reason.

I dunno what it is about Descent that keeps inspiring spiritual successors that always end up terrible.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Descent II remains my go to "loving Descent II, 1996, catch up assholes" bitching for lights in video games not being breakable, so it has left a meaningful impression if nothing else.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I dunno what it is about Descent that keeps inspiring spiritual successors that always end up terrible.
Single player focus. Descent campaigns were never good, they just served as a platform for multiplayer shenanigans.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Wait, why are we talking about Nocturne. That game was super fun, and I wish they did more with it. Did it come to Steam or something?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Can we please get "yes, Nuuvem is a legitimate site" in the OP so we don't get people going "wow I don't know what Moon language this is because I lack the ability to understand anything that isn't Alabamian, but it's not in God's Own English so is it run by Somali pirates?!?!?!" every other page? Thanks.

I'm guessing this was referring to my question since that was only a page or two before yours: I know it's Portuguese. All I wanted to know was whether they were an authorized reseller and whether I needed to use a VPN to activate the key. Chill out.

e: oh someone referred to it as Russian? What a retard.

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 31, 2015

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Rookersh posted:

Wait, why are we talking about Nocturne. That game was super fun, and I wish they did more with it. Did it come to Steam or something?

Drifter brought it up randomly, and good on him because it was a pretty excellent piece of horror gaming, even if it didn't play all that well.

Sadly it's probably never going to resurface unless Devolver or Night Dive take an interest in it because Terminal Reality closed up shop a little over a year ago. RIP

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

a7m2 posted:

I'm guessing this was referring to my question since that was only a page or two before yours: I know it's Portuguese. All I wanted to know was whether they were an authorized reseller and whether I needed to use a VPN to activate the key. Chill out.

It's just a question that shows up every three pages. And yes, it's an entirely legitimate question, it's just after a while you get tired of having to restate that YES, it's all above board.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tezzeract posted:

Steam Testimonials:

I'm suspicious that you're working for them or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Rookersh posted:

They made a Nocturne 2, it was called The Blair Witch Project Volume One

• Locked thread