Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RGCrab
Aug 23, 2012

yaay posted:

uhh same, you're not supposed to actually hand Michelle eight loving cubes to progress are you? I assumed her quest was another trap like the Hyper Jammer.

Not sure why everyone is making a big deal out of cubes, considering you can trade clear cube fragments to Seria for colored ones. At a 5:1 ratio it is really easy to crank out as many colored cubes as you need and still have 10k in clear cube fragments still sitting around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

booksnake posted:

Yes, you are. That unlocks the rest of the epic chain for the Bramble place.

for gently caress sake :cripes:

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

RGCrab posted:

Not sure why everyone is making a big deal out of cubes, considering you can trade clear cube fragments to Seria for colored ones. At a 5:1 ratio it is really easy to crank out as many colored cubes as you need and still have 10k in clear cube fragments still sitting around.

I'm sure many people looked at her shop when they where low level and asked "what are these cubes for?" And then promptly forgot because cubes don't really become a thing until your second or third day of leveling.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
nah I've been disassembling every single blue item I've found, but at level 46 I still only have 2.5k fragments, and something ridiculous like just 44 black fragments after god knows how many things I've scrapped.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Meanwhile in Cdnf :nws:http://news.17173.com/content/2015-03-25/20150325165848458_1.shtml :nws: for adds

They changed all the awakening cut ins for April Fools. :3:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Silvergun1000 posted:

So do we have any idea when stuff like Knights, the other Thief subclasses, etc, are coming out? Stuff I've read seems to assume if it took 2 years to get on the other versions of the game, it will take 2 years for us, but isn't the content pretty much good to go and just needs translating?

There are some files for F.Slayer and Knight in our version, so we'll probably see them after one or two more OBT events.

Ovens
Dec 28, 2004

get over here and touch my goof darned muscles
applied to GamerGirls as GoofDarnIt and KarlHungus

monk is just as silly and fun as I remember it being

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Schubalts posted:

There are some files for F.Slayer and Knight in our version, so we'll probably see them after one or two more OBT events.

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bugsy posted:

Meanwhile in Cdnf :nws:http://news.17173.com/content/2015-03-25/20150325165848458_1.shtml :nws: for adds

They changed all the awakening cut ins for April Fools. :3:

good poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So here's a daft one: which stat do F Brawlers scale on? :saddowns:

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Str and Int; hence why Overstrain does what it does.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DFlux posted:

Str and Int; hence why Overstrain does what it does.

Both? poo poo, so I kind of need to take both the Phys and Magic crit passives, huh. Oh well, reset :v:

Nerokyn
Jun 26, 2013
Just applied to the guild with my Slayer named Yeno

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:(

one time my cat bakal sat on my other cat glam (rip glamcat) and glam gave no fucks and just sat there not even trying to move or anything, it was great

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Schubalts posted:

It might just be junk data left over that simply hasn't been dealt with. F Slayer randomly appears in the prison dungeon, for example.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Applied for Restraint with Cavia, and for Gamergirls with xboxturnoff and ANGSTYMUSIC

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
should i be bothering with crusader's heal skills? in mid-game at least? ~500 hp doesn't really seem like it's worth the skill points when i have over 10k hp and a lot of other skills to level up.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Applied to Restraint with StaaPlachina, and GamerGirls with ShootMans. Also similar to the above question, is it worth it to put points into the priest heal/cure skills as a Monk?

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

Updated the write-up to include those sort of things. Have yet to include why M. Brawler is actually awful, but I mentioned it in one line and I think that's good enough.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Behemoth is bad

Nexon on Neople, some thing never change. This is one of them.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Has anyone played a Berserker, and if so, is their blood red or orange? This is important.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Ciaphas posted:

Both? poo poo, so I kind of need to take both the Phys and Magic crit passives, huh. Oh well, reset :v:

You're not using Conversion?

Inflammatory posted:

should i be bothering with crusader's heal skills? in mid-game at least? ~500 hp doesn't really seem like it's worth the skill points when i have over 10k hp and a lot of other skills to level up.

Not for the healing. Items have no animation, so you can just keep attacking instead, and generally heal for more. However, stuff like Healing Wind has invulnerability that is useful. You may want to refer to Somefool's post from the previous thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634402&userid=172773&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post442244735

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Behemoth is bad

I thought the new Behemoth was decent. It's Ice Wall that is awful.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

booksnake posted:

You're not using Conversion?

Should I be? I can't get in to DFO right now to check for some reason but I thought Conversion only applied to pre-subclass skills, and the Brawler-specific stuff was a mix.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Brawler is mixed, conversion should stay default. With how Overstrain works and that status effects are based on both strength and magic, they can safely stay in using mixed damage without the need to convert to one or the other.

Although for mBrawlers, a lot of their poo poo should go into physical stuff from what I remember. But I'm not even sure about it, I only know about fBrawlers.

A nice thing to note about Brawlers is how they changed mount. Before, whenever you fire off a mount and miss an enemy it doesn't do anything. Now whenever you use mount,you will cause a shockwave that will knock enemies over if you don't grab any enemy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Good enough for me, thanks loads.

Question about two entirely different classes! For Elementalist and Witch, I know there's a skill that requires you to use all four elements once in a while to stay fully powered up. Is that required on either class? Because it looked like an unbelievable pain in the rear end, if I'm honest.

Or maybe I should skip that whole mess and go Elemental Bomber when I want to get my magic on :v:

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
It's for Elementalists, keeping it up generally isn't an issue for them.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ciaphas posted:

Good enough for me, thanks loads.

Question about two entirely different classes! For Elementalist and Witch, I know there's a skill that requires you to use all four elements once in a while to stay fully powered up. Is that required on either class? Because it looked like an unbelievable pain in the rear end, if I'm honest.

Or maybe I should skip that whole mess and go Elemental Bomber when I want to get my magic on :v:
If you want to have ~supa special max DPS always~ on Witch you should consider it, but it's in no way necessary like it is for Elementalist.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

Brawler is mixed, conversion should stay default. With how Overstrain works and that status effects are based on both strength and magic, they can safely stay in using mixed damage without the need to convert to one or the other.

Although for mBrawlers, a lot of their poo poo should go into physical stuff from what I remember. But I'm not even sure about it, I only know about fBrawlers.

A nice thing to note about Brawlers is how they changed mount. Before, whenever you fire off a mount and miss an enemy it doesn't do anything. Now whenever you use mount,you will cause a shockwave that will knock enemies over if you don't grab any enemy.

I'm not that familiar with Brawlers, so I'll defer, but from a design standpoint it seems weird to invest in both crit skills unless Brawlers are just way less tight on SP than other classes. Wouldn't you just want to pick something to focus on?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Behemoth is bad

lotus is cool to fight but the rest of it is insanely bad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does m.launcher have a skill that can get Rhythm Fighter (stuck 5 enemies with one hit)?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

If you want to have ~supa special max DPS always~ on Witch you should consider it, but it's in no way necessary like it is for Elementalist.

I would imagine with Success/Fail always being a thing the Witch wouldn't be the class for ~supa special max DPS always~ by default :v:

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Does m.launcher have a skill that can get Rhythm Fighter (stuck 5 enemies with one hit)?

Level down your flamethrower/laser rifle, take off your armor so you're not getting hit rate boosts, go into any hard dungeon and find a crowd of 5-7 enemies. Shoot them for minimal damage until RNG gets you all misses.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

booksnake posted:

I'm not that familiar with Brawlers, so I'll defer, but from a design standpoint it seems weird to invest in both crit skills unless Brawlers are just way less tight on SP than other classes. Wouldn't you just want to pick something to focus on?

If it were possible, I would just invest in nothing but status effect enhancements for passive buffs for brawlers. And crit is just crit. No matter what class, you are going to be giving something up to enhance something else. With brawlers, mixing and matching helps them a lot. If you look into their skills, a lot of them are hybridized to have both magical and physical properties.

Personally, I would rather give up the crit passives to get the build I want. Plus looking into my current build, I could get both crit passives anyway if I reduce a certain common class skill down to 1.

Edit: Which is tornado kick.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 1, 2015

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
So if Behemoth is awful, and Iced Wall is also awful, how long until the dungeons stop being a slog? I tried Fanatics today and got annihilated, so I'm getting a little discouraged. :(

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I actually liked the new Behemoth. The most annoying dungeon for me was probably Tyrant's Altar, with an annoying boss that becomes invincible if you stun/freeze him and who can have bad luck mess up your quests. Dungeons in general can be repetitive with excessive repeats, but this is really anywhere 30+ and I take it for granted as long as I still make good progress time-wise - I beat most behemoth maps at like 3-4 minutes per run so it wasn't like torturous, and there wasn't any bad quests except for one possibly bugged quest for a title which you can ignore (he'atako hunter or whatever). I've only just started Iced Wall though, and so far it just seems a little bland, the worst thing was the ridiculous cube cost.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 1, 2015

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
Those cubes get refunded later (4-5 dungeons later?) in the quest chain. Right about when you need to start looking at awakening costs, actually.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

TheBlandName posted:

Those cubes get refunded later (4-5 dungeons later?) in the quest chain. Right about when you need to start looking at awakening costs, actually.

That's good to know, I was looking at my cube stash and was happy on my progress towards awakening and thought the game decided to give me a giant middle finger.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'd forgotten how rad the music for Fanatics was. Being out of the floaty McFuckYourGraps dungeons is even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

Wait so are battle saders not worth the effort? I've seen people say everything from they are awful to they can do anything. I wanted to make a priest but they were the only subclass that interested me, but I don't really care to be a buff bot only.

• Locked thread