Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

canoshiz posted:

He's a real stupid rear end in a top hat, sullying Kurt's legacy like that.

I bet he's a real cool guy in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

This already exists though? Like, I have it in my Rock Band.

There are several customs of it floating around, yeah, but I have yet to play one that isn't terrible in one way or another, either the sound quality is poo poo or they over/underchart the instruments.

canoshiz posted:

He's a real stupid rear end in a top hat, sullying Kurt's legacy like that.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Kurt would have found that video funny. He was the guy who said one of the greatest honours in his career was getting covered by Weird Al.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Dr Zaius posted:

I bet he's a real cool guy in real life.

Politifact rated this statement "Pants On Fire".

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Not as funny as the video of four Johnny Cashes playing Du Hast.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What? You can't just say that and not give us a link.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

I think it's this slot in my favorites. :(

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Seems a bit odd to ask about which instruments I need to re-buy without supposing whether the instruments or DLC will work on the new console.

It probably doesn't matter anyway since they asked for my country and I don't live in the US. :australia:

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

~Coxy posted:

Seems a bit odd to ask about which instruments I need to re-buy without supposing whether the instruments or DLC will work on the new console.

It probably doesn't matter anyway since they asked for my country and I don't live in the US. :australia:

They've already announced DLC will be forward compatible on the same platform. Still working on instruments though.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
If I had to take a guess, I'd say that the wireless 360 controllers the are giving them issues on the XBone. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't end up releasing a wireless adapter dongle much like the one that already exists to use 360 controllers on PC.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

timp posted:

Just play Donkey Konga

EDIT: one of my favorite TV themes of all time is Portlandia's, but that's just Feel It All Around by Washed Out and it'd make a terrible Rock Band track

"Dream of the 90's" would totally work.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

pksage posted:

C3 releases for March 27, 2015:

New! TV Themes C01 9-pack
  • Alabama 3 - "Woke Up This Morning" (farottone and Meander)
    from The Sopranos
  • Barenaked Ladies - "The History of Everything" (DoNotPassGo and ejthedj)
    from The Big Bang Theory
  • Daniel Ingram - "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Theme" K (Nightmare Lyra)
    from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  • Elliott, Ferguson, Berghofer - "Barney Miller" (Nyxyxylyth)
    from Barney Miller
  • Jonathan Wolff - "Seinfeld" (BearzUnlimited)
    from Seinfeld
  • Ragtime Revolutionaries - "Chicks Dig Giant Robots" (RyanHYK)
    from Megas XLR
  • The Refreshments - "Yahoos and Triangles" (BearzUnlimited)
    from King of the Hill
  • The Rembrandts - "I'll Be There for You" K (pksage and farottone)
    from Friends
  • The Ventures - "Hawaii Five-O" (BearzUnlimited)
    from Hawaii Five-O
I'm pretty happy with how this pack turned out, but there are tons of awesome themes we didn't find time to do. I still want "You've Got Time" (Orange is the New Black), "Bad Things" (True Blood), "Boss of Me" (Malcolm in the Middle), and the Buffy theme song, just to name a few. Oh, and the Cheers theme, of course! But I need to stop listing themes or I'll go on all day.

The Refreshments is in Rock Band! Bless you, Bearz. Is Banditos next??

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
The theme for the US version of Shameless would make for a good Rock Band track.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I pulled out my drumset and plastic guitar last night and did a few songs with the missus, but it failed to recapture the fun. :( I hope RB4 brings back that feeling.

On the plus side, we put my baby son in front of the TV while we played and he was absolutely fascinated. :3:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

pksage posted:

C3 releases for March 27, 2015:

New! TV Themes C01 9-pack
[list][*]Alabama 3 - "Woke Up This Morning" (farottone and Meander)
from The Sopranos
[*]Jonathan Wolff - "Seinfeld" (BearzUnlimited)
from Seinfeld
[*]Ragtime Revolutionaries - "Chicks Dig Giant Robots" (RyanHYK)
from Megas XLR
[*]The Refreshments - "Yahoos and Triangles" (BearzUnlimited)
from King of the Hill

I don't know what C3 is, but this is the best. Not enough to buy a 360, rb3, and a plastic guitar but still awesome.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Great Beer posted:

I don't know what C3 is, but this is the best.

For anyone else wondering ":confused: what is all this C3/custom songs nonsense :confused:":

It's actually really easy to play custom songs in RB3 for the 360 -- all you need is a physical disc with the EA logo (NOT the newer Mad Catz version) and a flash drive. No modding, hacking, or other sketchy backdoors required! You can view our video tutorial on custom songs here.

C3 (the "Customs Creators Collective") is a project that has been releasing full-band custom songs every week, starting the week after American Pie. We're about to celebrate two years of custom DLC! To download our songs and/or to check out other customs, just google "c3 rock band" or similar. We don't think of it as :files:, but just to be safe, we prefer not to link directly from SA.

I co-administrate the C3 project with farottone, who is also here on SA. Please ask any questions you might have, we're here to help!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pksage posted:

For anyone else wondering ":confused: what is all this C3/custom songs nonsense :confused:":

It's actually really easy to play custom songs in RB3 for the 360 -- all you need is a physical disc with the EA logo (NOT the newer Mad Catz version) and a flash drive. No modding, hacking, or other sketchy backdoors required! You can view our video tutorial on custom songs here.

C3 (the "Customs Creators Collective") is a project that has been releasing full-band custom songs every week, starting the week after American Pie. We're about to celebrate two years of custom DLC! To download our songs and/or to check out other customs, just google "c3 rock band" or similar. We don't think of it as :files:, but just to be safe, we prefer not to link directly from SA.

I co-administrate the C3 project with farottone, who is also here on SA. Please ask any questions you might have, we're here to help!

ty

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
For those who care we have posted notes on our (C3) future re:RB4 on our forums, it's a thread titled The Future of C3.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Sad, but expected.
Thanks for the thousands and thousands of hours of work you guys have put in, it has let me play some of my favorite songs in one of my favorite games and I cannot thank you all enough.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
For those who didn't read it and are alarmed by Kaboobi's reply, we're not stopping right now, we just plan to stop later this year so we don't step on any toes with Rock Band 4.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
C3 is one of the most amazing mod projects I can think of. You guys have done fantastic things for the game and it's rare to see modders come together to make something so much stronger as a whole. :D

I'm not great at being effusive and this is one of the few times I worry I can't be effusive enough.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So what's the over/under on Rock Band Harmonies being finished before RB4 comes out?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
...that's not how O/U works...

*dies from a brain aneurysm from seeing this mistake made for the 1000th time*

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Still no news if harmonies are in or not. At least it means they're trying it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I finally got to do harmonies with friends over the weekend (with the help of RBHP) for the first time. If it isn't in, it'll be missed.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I can understand no keyboards but how could there not be harmonies, that would be awful.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 custom song releases for April 1, 2015:
  • Focus - "Hocus Pocus (Live)" (pksage)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

pksage posted:

gently caress YOU!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The studio version is better.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

pksage posted:

pksage you're THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

elf help book posted:

gently caress YOU!

No, we did that one 2 weeks ago.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

echoing the gently caress you brigade

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Huh, I didn't realize harmonies were on the chopping block. They probably have the data to back it up, like "only x% of the players ever connected more than one microphone." But given how instantly popular harmonies were with the group of friends I played with regularly, that's surprising to me.

Needless to say, I hope they decide to keep the system in place, even if they don't author multiple vocal charts for every single song.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Merijn posted:

Still no news if harmonies are in or not. At least it means they're trying it.

ElwoodCuse posted:

I can understand no keyboards but how could there not be harmonies, that would be awful.

xamphear posted:

Huh, I didn't realize harmonies were on the chopping block.

Harmonies don't have the hardware roadblock of a new peripheral, and (for most songs) are much quicker to author than Keys/PK. I'd be very surprised if they axed harmonies entirely.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
And yet they are "TBD" on it, so there must be some reason.

If it's not in the first release, I dare say it will happen later as they do their "platform updates"

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

No harmonies seems ridiculous. Every RB game has had it since it was introduced. Harmonies is all me and my friends play most of the time. No instruments, just each with a mic yelling at each other.
HMX must be stretched way thinner than they are letting on if something like harmonies isn't even worth supporting.
Next we'll find out all RB4 content has no background animation and just uses the auto-generated filler animation (ala all 2015 DLC so far).

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Hold on, let me make a list of all the features I need in a Rock Band game. I can start out by putting "fancy band animations" right at the bottom.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

xamphear posted:

Hold on, let me make a list of all the features I need in a Rock Band game. I can start out by putting "fancy band animations" right at the bottom.

Go back to scorehero and stop ruining our immersion :colbert:

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

One thing I appreciate about C3 is that you guys are careful to respect Harmonix's business, so I definitely understand a hiatus for RB4. Glad we get to enjoy your releases until then. As always, thanks for the hard work (and all the '90s jams!)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Sir Tonk posted:

Go back to scorehero and stop ruining our immersion :colbert:

That's funny, because I'd put "any sort of score keeping at all" right at the bottom with "fancy band animations."

The only thing I ever sorta cared about was note percentage hit at the end, so I'd probably put that somewhere in the upper-middle of the list.