Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Based on screenshots of an ongoing stream, Rey and/or Luna have been reduced to attacks for Shinn.

Welp.
Huh.

Way back when the series list was first announced, I said it was disappointing and then went back a little by admitting that I may have been unduly influenced by the idea that a lot of the returning series would be "main character only" and that this would possibly not be the case, perhaps say, by having Gundam X has all its characters/units available (e.g Leopard and Airmaster) and such.

But apparently Banpresto decided to exceed expectations in the opposite direction because I wasn't quite expecting SEED to get this treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davzz posted:

But apparently Banpresto decided to exceed expectations in the opposite direction because I wasn't quite expecting SEED to get this treatment.

SEED has literally been main characters only since Z2. Lunamaria is the closest to an exception and she's about as much a main as Sochie was and has a popular voice actress.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
This is pretty much the natural result of animation quality increasing so much.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Meanwhile Katz and Hathaway are still playable.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Meanwhile Katz and Hathaway are still playable.

In this case Hathaway was playable because they were doing a CCA story last game and they can recycle his stuff this game I'd assume. Katz is a bit stranger but I guess they really wanted to do the "Katz mentors Hathaway" plotline.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Harry had better be playable.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
At least Katz and Hathaway have the excuse of being UC Gundam characters, which means a series with a whole bunch of grunts needing pilots and not needing to have custom units sprites created for them, I suppose.

That being said... I dunno, I think playable Chan and Kayra might be a little higher on the list than those two jokers. And those are two random characters off the top of my head

Still holding out on a slight hope that Xi Gundam is going to show up somehow if Hathaway is going to be one of the playable CCA representative. But it probably won't happen.

On more budget issues, apparently Original Aquarion is Solar form only?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Theres currently a Z3-2 streaming live here - http://www.twitch.tv/safir__

Apparently you start with Four in her byalant? Genion GAI also has a ton of new AMAZING attacks, they are rapidly approaching RaiOh awesomeness

Holy poo poo the genion upgrade looks amazing........Geminion - image below

Looks like it has two pretty amazing skills

When Hibiki is above 140 Will you Can Remain in REI (new GAI form) Permanently
When Hibiki is above 150 will ALL pilots get +10 to SKL stat

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 1, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davzz posted:

On more budget issues, apparently Original Aquarion is Solar form only?

So nothing has changed then?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The playable Sphere holders all boost a certain stat by 10 for the team when they hit 150 will.

Edit: Also holy poo poo we are loving DROWNING in originals. Also a girl(?) named Cradia(?) Argo.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 1, 2015

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Jesus Christ.

Mission 2, Banagher does 5 multi-actions in a row, then Hibiki does 6. The entire map got cleared in one player phase. Tag Commands are loving insane.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
The thing about tag commands is that you get stars every time someone levels up. That's pretty often, especially early on.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Hahaha this guy has already FUB'd Genion, I totally approve. Its like stage 4

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
It was also on a game that imported big Z3.1 clear bonuses.

edit: ^^^^^ beginning of stage 3, thanks bonus money

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Theres currently a Z3-2 streaming live here - http://www.twitch.tv/safir__

Max stats instead of max damage and not getting an extra item slot? What kind of willy nilly playthrough is this.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

What kind of bonuses do you get from importing Z3.1 data? I've got a save I got platinum with.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Policenaut posted:

What kind of bonuses do you get from importing Z3.1 data? I've got a save I got platinum with.

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/set-custom-music-weapons-3rd-super-robot-wars-z-tengoku-hen

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh holy poo poo it's Shiony. Shiony's back!!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Policenaut posted:

150 PP, 5 kills per pilot, 500k credits and 1000 Z-chips just for beating it. Then you get +10 PP, +1 kill, +100k credits and +200 Z-chips for each clear (up to 5). If you have done every route and scenario, you get +50 PP, +5 kills, +500k credits and +1000 Z-Chips as a bonus.

There are also some parts, but I can't remember what you get except that one of them is an A-Adaptor and one is a Barrier Field.

edit: beaten, oh well

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 1, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Edit: nothing to see here

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Apparently the Gundam DX is actually really good for once, and there are all sorts of Originals shenanigans going on.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Apparently the Gundam DX is actually really good for once, and there are all sorts of Originals shenanigans going on.

Ordered my copy today, can't wait to play with the X crew. Good or not, the GX always had style.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

BlitzBlast posted:

This is pretty much the natural result of animation quality increasing so much.

Yeah, I'd be willing to scale it back if we got more characters out of it, but that would probably destroy sales. It's too bad.

I mean yes I just use a team consisting entirely of the blockiest super robots in the cast no matter what, but I'd like the option to use lovely B-team reals. Come on, Banpresto!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
The real question for Z3-2: can I set Mobile Suit as my music for all of my UC units again?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hmmmmm still seems to have a bit of a delay before the attack animation starts playing. Not sure if it's as long as Z3-1 or not.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Considering SRW fans whine about how the current animation quality is unacceptable I'd hate to see what happened if they scaled it back.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So if I'm understanding this right, if you go NT-D with FA Unicorn you get the Awakened Unicorn. Its attack list is identical to the original NT-Ds so it's probably mostly a palette swap, but you get Shield Funnel as a post movement 1-4 attack (that is just weaker than NT-D Assault) and a Twin Beam Magnum combination attack with Banshee Norn.

EDIT: Anyways the DX owns in this game so I guess I'm getting it! Eventually.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 1, 2015

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
The streamer is now playign through the extra DLC prequel volume if anyone is interested. Rand is in some silly grunt suit that looks like a truck - Gine22 on twitch is further along if you want that too.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 1, 2015

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Considering SRW fans whine about how the current animation quality is unacceptable I'd hate to see what happened if they scaled it back.
I kind of feel there's an element of consistency to it though.

Like, compare W to UX - the latter has some amazing animations like Cthugha & Ithaqua or the Twin Valkyrie combo attack, and then you have the other 80% where it looked like the animators ran the sprites through Macromedia Flash and just Tween'd stuff.

W has lower resolution sprites etc but the animation is a lot more consistent throughout the thing.

Still, I don't claim to speak for the general public...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also if these plot spoilers are true than Hibiki gets poo poo on even harder than Setsuko. One of his early memories is his mother trying to do a murder/suicide with him, Advent is the angel who killed his parents, Shizune goes nuts thanks to the Scorpio sphere and is trying to kill him to steal the Quarreling Twins, and this nurse he was on good terms with is actually Advent's subordinate. Also he wasn't supposed to be the pilot of the Genion, he just touched the manual before Shizune could.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Davzz posted:

I kind of feel there's an element of consistency to it though.

Like, compare W to UX - the latter has some amazing animations like Cthugha & Ithaqua or the Twin Valkyrie combo attack, and then you have the other 80% where it looked like the animators ran the sprites through Macromedia Flash and just Tween'd stuff.

W has lower resolution sprites etc but the animation is a lot more consistent throughout the thing.

Still, I don't claim to speak for the general public...

Z3 itself is also an example.

On one hand you have stuff like the Zeta Gundam which is just friggin' gorgeous.

And then you look at the FMP units.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Based on what appears to be a list of unit sprites, Esther and Marguerite don't make it into the game either. Not as playables, anyway.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Based on what appears to be a list of unit sprites, Esther and Marguerite don't make it into the game either. Not as playables, anyway.

This is all Crowe's fault! Somehow!

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
This is sad, but the sheer manliness that is achieved by Crowe, Hibiki and Rand with their upgrades makes me OK with it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
This stream sucks.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rascyc posted:

This stream sucks.

Yes, I gave it a try and realized quickly he was skipping every animation. He/she is a bad streamer.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Theres a partial sprite dump and it has

Space King Kittan back? Some whack looking bosses and the final shurouga upgrade that i think looks badass

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
http://www.twitch.tv/pttdotcc
Try this stream.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Eternal Volfogg posted:

The streamer is now playign through the extra DLC prequel volume if anyone is interested. Rand is in some silly grunt suit that looks like a truck - Gine22 on twitch is further along if you want that too.

Space truck picture.

Edit: It gets Rand's first theme.

Prism fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This is probably the closest SRW will ever get to adding Megas XLR so let's all be grateful for truckbot.

• Locked thread