Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think I enjoy hearing about wikipedia disputes in the same way I like hearing about EVE disputes -- it always reinforces my stereotype of how pathetic the participants are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

mewse posted:

I think I enjoy hearing about wikipedia disputes in the same way I like hearing about EVE disputes -- it always reinforces my stereotype of how pathetic the participants are.

And the stories are always 2000x more fun that being involved in them.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mewse posted:

YOSPOS has a thread on this subject that's been running for five years

RZApublican posted:

Baby (Dragon Ball)

Is this character canon? Is Dragon Ball GT canon? Who decides what is and is not canon, anyway, and is it fact or opinion to say so? An eight-hour duel between two editors culminates in nearly one hundred assorted reverts, arguments posted in edit summaries, and both parties blocked for ignoring 3RR, which brings to mind the 30+-episode battles the series is famous for (with 5+ episodes being used to launch a single attack.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Baby_%28Dragon_Ball%29&dir=next&offset=200608311100&limit=100&action=history

tl;dr two nerds slap fight for eight hours over dragon ball gt

Perfection

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 31, 2015

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006
Did a quick search but didn't see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_y_ZXktERE posted. Ran into it in the Russian thread in GBS.

Good enough B-League to watch all the way through, but the KO is at 3:20 or so, what's more notable is what happens right after.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And the stories are always 2000x more fun that being involved in them.

Look, I got dragged in kicking and screaming man. The people who actually were trying to defend MMA articles for the most part weren't doing a great job. Some actually made things worse, like the guy who nominated 15 different names for a sock-puppet investigation. This just pissed the Admins off by being so ridiculous.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

BrianPhillips posted:

Did a quick search but didn't see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_y_ZXktERE posted. Ran into it in the Russian thread in GBS.

Good enough B-League to watch all the way through, but the KO is at 3:20 or so, what's more notable is what happens right after.

What is going on

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
ive found it you guys, ive found the worst nickname in mma

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jefferson-George-66444

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yuriy posted:

MMA is the only sport for which the worst nickname is also the best nickname. It's like quantum mechanics.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joseph-Bochenek-832

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nice. Three losses to one guy with only three wins, and two losses to another one guy with only two fights. Sign this man to the UFC and get him to fight Erick Silva.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

david carmichael posted:

What is going on

From what I've been able to suss out, this was a fight scheduled for 3 rounds. Judging incompetence forced a 4th. Dude landed a flying knee, knocking out his opponent. Opponent's cornermen jumped the cage and attacked the winner. I believe the guy what lost is either Chechen or Dagestani

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kardash-Fatakhov-8010

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
really though, it's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1NOvAw_hyI

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Danny-Mitchell-40523 actually made it to the UFC tho

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/31/8313019/ken-shamrock-kimbo-slice-will-have-to-pass-out-of-competition-drug folks somehow i get the feeling this fight isn't going to happen

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

You only posted part 2 of the joke

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/3/30/8313961/video-ken-shamrock-suddenly-huge-may-crush-kimbo-slice-with-anchor-arms-spike-tv-mma

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Shamrock Slam will turn you into Popeye, I just donated 5 thousand

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bean Fried posted:

Look, I got dragged in kicking and screaming man. The people who actually were trying to defend MMA articles for the most part weren't doing a great job. Some actually made things worse, like the guy who nominated 15 different names for a sock-puppet investigation. This just pissed the Admins off by being so ridiculous.

I don't kinkshame, I just appreciate that there are people summing up stuff like EVE battledrama and hilarious daylong wikipedia edit wars so they aren't lost like tears in the rain.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
My mate just interviewed Melvin Guillard on his podcast. He was super late to the interview and hard to get on the phone, but once he started talking, he went completely nuclear on WSOF. I won't go into any more detail until he edits and releases the episode but was just curious;

I thought WSOF had a pretty good reputation as an org and everything I have heard about Ali is positive (MMA Hour interviews are my only exposure). Is Melvin just jilted or is WSOF not as rosie as I thought?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

xcore posted:

My mate just interviewed Melvin Guillard on his podcast. He was super late to the interview and hard to get on the phone, but once he started talking, he went completely nuclear on WSOF. I won't go into any more detail until he edits and releases the episode but was just curious;

I thought WSOF had a pretty good reputation as an org and everything I have heard about Ali is positive (MMA Hour interviews are my only exposure). Is Melvin just jilted or is WSOF not as rosie as I thought?

Talent is never going to be fully satisfied because everyone thinks they should make more money, and Melvin is extremely immature anyway, but maybe he does have some legitimate gripes. I assume he has an exclusive contract and WSOF isn't putting on cards as regularly as the UFC so maybe he is having a hard time getting fights (and getting paid).

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

xcore posted:

I know Burkman had issues with him, which is partly what prompted his demand for a release so he could sign with the UFC.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

xcore posted:

Ali is king poo poo head and the only reason you have a positive outlook on him is that he's genuinely a friend of Ariel

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Ali and Guillard also used to be training partners so there's likely some history there above and beyond whatever business shenanigans WSoF is up to.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

Nobuyuki Sakakibara, the man who once headed PRIDE before the promotion sold to the UFC in 2007, is planning a comeback this year, according to Bellator MMA President Scott Coker.

“He asked if we would help,” Coker told MMAjunkie of a recent conversation with the Japanese executive. “I said of course, and when the time’s right, we’ll have a serious conversation of what he would like us to do.”

Coker said Sakakibara, who earlier this year attended Bellator 131, expressed interest in promoting a one-night event this fall. He added a co-promotion using Bellator MMA fighters would be considered “when the time is right.”

[...]

“I have a lot of questions, but if anybody can pull it off, I think (Sakakibara) probably has the best shot,” Coker said. “I know the UFC is going over there once a year, but to me, that’s not what the Japanese fans are looking for. They’re looking for a Japanese martial arts company that they can get behind.”

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
PRIDE DIE BUT THEN COME BACK LATER

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

So now that the dust has settled, was 60 million for pride's library and contracts a fair price?

I seem to remember zuffa suing pride's original owners for fraudulently misrepresenting the company's financial stability, but don't know what resulted of it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Not really, they bought Pride with the idea of running shows separately like the WEC and maybe using that to get onto Japanese/international TV.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Street Horrrsing posted:

So now that the dust has settled, was 60 million for pride's library and contracts a fair price?

I seem to remember zuffa suing pride's original owners for fraudulently misrepresenting the company's financial stability, but don't know what resulted of it.

Dana said that because of how business is run in Japan (comically) the contracts were void after Zuffa made the purchase. So they spent 60 million on a tape library and brand.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Seltzer posted:

Dana said that because of how business is run in Japan (comically) the contracts were void after Zuffa made the purchase. So they spent 60 million on a tape library and brand.

How does that work? Didn't Hunt have to sue them to get the last couple fights on his contract? If the contract was void, how did that work?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

How does that work? Didn't Hunt have to sue them to get the last couple fights on his contract? If the contract was void, how did that work?

He didn't sue them, Dana was willing to pay out Hunt's contract in order for him not to fight. From what I can find scouring the internet Hunt and maybe a few other fighter's contracts were legit and the majority weren't. There's also the story of the Pride office on Zuffa payroll working to launch DREAM behind Zuffa's back. Apparently a lot of the contracts were not legally enforceable. I'm sure there's a bunch more information about it out there, but I'm not gonna hunt it down at the moment. I think Enson Inoue talked about some of the contract stuff on one of his Rogan appearances if you really want to hear more. But the terrible contracts and Pride fuckery under Zuffa control has been mentioned by a lot of people.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I'm really curious what this is going to turn out to be. Supposedly all the TV people hate him, and you can't do anything in that market without TV. On top of which all the good or well known Japanese guys are in the UFC, and the only one who's not is Aoki who has mountains of anti-charisma and is proven not to connect with fans or viewers. And yet Sakakibara keeps turning up in New York and Poland and wherever setting up whatever this is.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm really curious what this is going to turn out to be. Supposedly all the TV people hate him, and you can't do anything in that market without TV. On top of which all the good or well known Japanese guys are in the UFC, and the only one who's not is Aoki who has mountains of anti-charisma and is proven not to connect with fans or viewers. And yet Sakakibara keeps turning up in New York and Poland and wherever setting up whatever this is.

I think the main question at this point is if Sakikabara is conning investors or conning himself.

Also,

quote:

Three days after Hamill was forced to withdraw from his World Series of Fighting 19 bout due to illness, Hamill was driving to visit family in Ohio when a vehicle driven by a disorientated woman suddenly barreled past him going the wrong way on a busy one-way highway.

"Everyone was going like 70 miles per hour. She was driving the wrong way, just kind of swerving around," Hamill told MMAFighting.com. "She was going slower but she was going on the wrong side of the street, and you could her face, she was kind of drooling. There was obviously something going on with her that just wasn't right. She was breathing fine, but you could just tell there was something, some issues.

"It seemed like Pac-Man, trying to avoid all the little ghosts. She was all over the place."

Against his better judgment, Hamill flipped his truck around and gave chase to the errant vehicle. The woman eventually trailed off into the grass median, allowing Hamill to catch up, pin his vehicle near hers, then gave chase on foot. The woman was bewildered and largely unresponsive by that point, Hamill says.

Hamill ran up alongside the vehicle and it was only then that the ex-UFC fighter noticed a little boy, no older than five years old, bawling in the backseat of the vehicle. So he did the only thing he could think to do -- he punched out the window and manually stopped the car.

"A lot of the cars, they had been honking. And I'm sure that the noise and the car just weaving (upset him)," Hamill said. "He had a seatbelt on and he was in his car seat, but I'm sure it was a scary situation and he was worried what was going on. The mother was just weaving all over the road.

"He was fine and everything, just a little bit upset, but if she hadn't been stopped I definitely feel like someone would've ran into something. The mother was on drugs and had been drinking apparently."

Police soon arrived at the scene and arrested the woman, thanking Hamill for his quick thinking. The mother, 27-year-old Nicole Lamendola, was ultimately charged with felony DWI, while the child was turned over to a family member.

Hamill (11-5) says he's simply glad the little boy was okay, crediting the adrenaline of the situation for feeding him enough strength to act despite still suffering from the same virus that led to his withdrawal from WSOF 19's co-main event against Thiago Silva on just a few hours' notice.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Police thanked Hamill and asked that he mail the womans keys to the police station once he figured out which set in the fishbowl was hers.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Matt Hamill keeps upstaging Jon Jones in the most unusual ways.

Also,

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Police thanked Hamill and asked that he mail the womans keys to the police station once he figured out which set in the fishbowl was hers.

Lol

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

"A lot of the cars, they had been honking."

How would he know?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Intel&Sebastian posted:

yowzers

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

xcore posted:

I met Melvin Guillard at the strip club and then decided it was time to get sober again, and that's all I'm gonna say

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Yuriy posted:

this owns actually

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Dangersim posted:

I met Melvin Guillard at the strip club and then decided it was time to get sober again, and that's all I'm gonna say

What is it with fighters and strip clubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

What is it with fighters and strip clubs

i don't know, will. what is it?