Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Todays New Avengers. The entire issue.
Here is just a peak

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's at least a page or two that doesn't belong. Like the title page. And the recap page.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

LordSaturn posted:

Check out the tiny decrepit ex-Galactus crawling out of the helmet's eyehole in the last panel.

That's Galan, Galactus's previous self from the previous universe. He was once human, but he merged with the Sentience of the present universe to become Galactus.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Here is just a peak

Pages like this make me wish marvel unlimited wasn't 6 months behind. I have to wait half a year to read this!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

bobkatt013 posted:

Here is just a peak

Come on, dude. The page before it is the best part.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

Come on, dude. The page before it is the best part.

Happy?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

God drat

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So happy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't get it.

It seems to be mostly a set up page.

That face is pretty hilarious tho.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't get it.

It is good in the context of the next page. Thor had been using Thorr's hammer which only works if you are unworthy. He's about to ride into battle one last time and finds he can no longer lift it.

EDIT: But yeah the faces. Normally Deodato is bearable at least but I feel like he really phoned it in on the faces on those pages.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't get it.

For the last bunch of months, Thor has been unable to wield Mjolnir because for reasons never yet explained, he's unworthy. He recently stole the hammer from an evil alternate reality Thor named Thorr whose hammer can only be lifted by the unworthy.

So he's about to go headlong into a battle he knows he cannot win and suddenly he can't lift the hammer of the unworthy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gavok posted:

For the last bunch of months, Thor has been unable to wield Mjolnir because for reasons never yet explained, he's unworthy. He recently stole the hammer from an evil alternate reality Thor named Thorr whose hammer can only be lifted by the unworthy.

So he's about to go headlong into a battle he knows he cannot win and suddenly he can't lift the hammer of the unworthy.

That makes much more sense then.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Luckily he brought along his axe from the Pre-Mjolnir days too. :black101:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

badjohny posted:

Pages like this make me wish marvel unlimited wasn't 6 months behind. I have to wait half a year to read this!

Does Marvel Unlimited get every series after six months or is it curated to just certain books?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

Does Marvel Unlimited get every series after six months or is it curated to just certain books?

I think they get every book. I know I get new books every Monday, they are just 6 months behind.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
East of West #1

Bastard
Jul 13, 2001

We are each responsible for our own destiny.
I've just gotten around to reading Nemo - The Roses of Berlin from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. (spoiler warnings)

Janni Dakkar, daughter of Captain Nemo and now the second Captain Nemo and her husband Broad Arrow Jack have just been informed that their daughter Hira and her husband Armand Robur (son of Robur The Conquerer) have been shot down in his craft The Terror and have been captured. They plan to get them back:

"Fair enough"

When they get to Berlin, they are informed that Armand was captured, but Hira went down with the ship. Jack is having none of that and wants some answers:

"Come on you circus of horrors!"

When all seems lost, Janni remembers that Hira is a Nemo...

The Terror indeed :allears:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Forgive me, all I can see in that last panel is Brainiac's ship

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Yeah, I can't make heads or tails of that at all.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Has LoEG been good since The Black Century? Or whatever the last one was with a drunken rear end in a top hat Bond chasing Mina and Allen across England and ending with them in the Blazing World?

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
There was another arc that got a bit weird with Satanism and some Moonchild business that ended with Mary Poppins killing Harry Potter.

I did read one of the books featuring Nemo's daughter, who took the title, that was pretty neat involving a Mountains of Madness type expedition and this new one looks quite fun as well.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The sound effects covering the background could qualify this for the funny panels thread.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

The barkeep's face in the second to last panel qualify it for the funny panel thread.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bastard posted:

When all seems lost, Janni remembers that Hira is a Nemo...

Don't gently caress with the Nemos:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Robur the Conqueror was also a certifiable badass in the LoEG universe. He invented heavier than air flight with his ship, "The Terror."

It's a drat shame Les Hommes Mysterieux haven't gotten their own book yet.

Also anyone reading LoEG should give the "Tales of the Shadowmen" books a shot. They focus on French public domain superheroes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Forgive me, all I can see in that last panel is Brainiac's ship
Pretty sure that's a direct homage to specifically that.

Bastard
Jul 13, 2001

We are each responsible for our own destiny.

redbackground posted:

Pretty sure that's a direct homage to specifically that.

Putting a skull on the front has been a thing since they put Nemo's skull on the front of the black Nautilus :black101:. But yeah, Brainiac's ship was one of the first things I thought of.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Uncanny Inhumans #0

One of the coolest ways I've seen Black Bolt's powers represented in art

Dacap fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 2, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Man, that just makes me feel bad for those Nazis.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is my favorite.
I like to think the empty word bubble contained the words 'gently caress off".

Black Panther (4th series) #7

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Is that Apocalypse? I like that depiction of him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Majuju posted:

Is that Apocalypse? I like that depiction of him.

Its House of M's version.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
To continue the Black bolt train...

Wolverine #71 / Old Man Logan #6

What If v6 #1 Planet Hulk

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That Ignorant Sap posted:

To continue the Black bolt train...

Wolverine #71 / Old Man Logan #6

What If v6 #1 Planet Hulk

Pretty much anything from Planet Hulk or WWH could go in this thread. There's a lot of great stuff there. Planet Hulk especially.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

ConfusedUs posted:

Pretty much anything from Planet Hulk or WWH could go in this thread. There's a lot of great stuff there. Planet Hulk especially.

Definitely, anyone have Hulk's "I wanna hear you scream!"? I can't find it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

World War Hulk #1

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There's also the Inhuman's response to the US government refusing to give back some Terrigen crystals.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

goatface posted:

There's also the Inhumans' response to the US government refusing to give back some Terrigen crystals.

war.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wanna see them use tiny little subtitles for Black Bolt in the Inhumans movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

goatface posted:

There's also the Inhuman's response to the US government refusing to give back some Terrigen crystals.

Son of M #6