Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah, '14 was basically a really good beta.

I offered Dubious a fairly decent trade in our league.

Edit: The game isn't remembering my no music no audio clip settings!!!

ForbiddenWonder fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The Piper posted:

I'm done with pulse pitching.

I decided that literally the first time I used it. Meter pitching 4 lyfe.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Again, meterlessness is next to godliness.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Again, meterlessness is next to godliness.

so you use classic?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah I forget whatever it's called I game. I never really have to max out the meter to get effective pitches. The two seamer is sometimes difficult but I can tell pretty really on in the game if it's going to behave or not. I tried all the other modes and couldn't stand them.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Soooo has anyone figured out a fix to the stamps thing being broken? I've not seen a single thing about it in days.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Yeah, '14 was basically a really good beta.

I offered Dubious a fairly decent trade in our league.

Edit: The game isn't remembering my no music no audio clip settings!!!

lmao that trade is poopoo, i already have a stud closer in Perk.

all you fuckers keep trying to get dozier and its not happening :colbert:

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Good game FW. Garbage rear end strike zone (frigged both teams), but good game!

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah that strike zone was literally the worst I've ever seen in this game. Gg though!

ForbiddenWonder fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 4, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Did the result record?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
are there any not so good teams with good bulllpens? that is the type of team i would like to start a franchise with but i don't watch baseball so i don't know if any exist

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Did the result record?

Yeah, it recorded.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Metapod posted:

are there any not so good teams with good bulllpens? that is the type of team i would like to start a franchise with but i don't watch baseball so i don't know if any exist

Braves.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

JetsGuy posted:

Soooo has anyone figured out a fix to the stamps thing being broken? I've not seen a single thing about it in days.

It's been reported on the ShowNation's forums multiple times that these stamps don't seem to be working as intended.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thanks

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I want to get into Diamond Dynasty but the prices for players is daunting. What's the quickest way to get 'money'?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
You get stubs for playing games, although it'll take several to buy a pack.

I imagine prices will go down before long so you may just want to sit back for a week or two.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You can start the game and immediately quit in DD to get a lovely cards. They're making a pretty big mistake not having quick counts in DD though, that's a pretty big dealbreaker for me getting into it.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Yeah, I really wish there was quick counts, against the CPU at least.

Also exactly what I was afraid of is happening. There's no reason for anyone to have any team except all golds, so that's what everybody will have after a few weeks. It's UT.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
anyone up for some test league games this afternoon or evening?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If we can get 4-5 more games in I'll sim the rest and we can try a playoff game or two. As long as stats and wins/losses are recording I think we're good. Yeay they fixed online mostly!

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Is there any advice anyone can give me for improving my hitting? Pretty much every time I hit the drat thing any distance it's either straight to a fielder or slightly to one side of them.

I'm using the O for contact Square for power control scheme, is there a better one?

I appreciate that the best thing might be just to spend more time in practice, which is fine, but I thought I'd check, just in case.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Is there any advice anyone can give me for improving my hitting? Pretty much every time I hit the drat thing any distance it's either straight to a fielder or slightly to one side of them.

I'm using the O for contact Square for power control scheme, is there a better one?

I appreciate that the best thing might be just to spend more time in practice, which is fine, but I thought I'd check, just in case.

1) don't forget there's also X for "regular"

2) try zone hitting. My hitting vastly improved when I went back to it.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
The biggest thing I remind myself constantly with hitting is to have a plan for each pitch. If you swing at a low fastball at 0-0 with people on base, you probably made a mistake regardless of the outcome. Whiffing on a change low in the zone in the same count might be fine if you were fooled into thinking it was a juicy fastball up.

Always look for a specific pitch and location on good counts like 2-0 and 3-1, especially 3-0 if you want to swing at all. (I don't mean guess pitch; I mean mentally look for it.) I frequently put the controller down at 3-0 to avoid the temptation, especially if you need base runners.

With two strikes, I forget any secondary goal at the at bat (going the other way, hitting something in the air, etc.) and totally lock in on the release point. I've found that going ultra focus on the ball as soon as it's released sometimes messes me up when I'm looking for a specific pitch to drive earlier in the count but helps tremendously when I'm defending with two strikes.

I barely ever use guess pitch, saving it for when I am expecting a fastball and the pitcher is likely to have only one option; guessing 4-seam on 2-0 when the pitcher also has a 2-seam and a sinker is low percentage to hit even then.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Is there any advice anyone can give me for improving my hitting?

Just like real life, work the count, look for juicy pitches in your batters wheelhouse, have good timing on your swing.

http://www.beabetterhitter.com/the-pitch-count/

Jondan
Oct 18, 2005

I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once
I'm new to all this and am just now getting into MLB, so this is my first shot at The Show series.
PSN is JondanDex, will add other PSNs posted so far and see about not failing spectacularly.

edit: I read in an MLB 14 article that turning off Quick Counts is a good idea, to save pitcher stamina and potentially lower pitch counts, but I can't find the setting for it in the menu. Is Quick Counts still a thing in 15?

edit 2: hey guys, guess what I saw on the pre-game settings screen right before my first ever ranked online game? :downs:

Jondan fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 6, 2015

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

How do I join the goon league?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

We're going to start one next week that will be open to everybody.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

davecrazy posted:

We're going to start one next week that will be open to everybody.

Can we call dibs on lovely teams?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'll make a thread for league only stuff in due time and you can post your preferences.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Hopefully it's just set up by Wednesday, I'm going away until the following Monday.

and I don't want my team jacked again :argh:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
FW and i seeing server issues all night. cant play games or even see our rosters.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
nothing is more rage inducing than playing a pubbie in DD, throwing a no-no into the 9th with a 2 run lead, and then they score 4 off luckbox bunts.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Welp, my Braves will be a fun rebuild after the new rosters hit :sigh:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is it really, really easy to make your stubs back in packs right now? I got a gold and a silver out of 8 packs and got a thousand more than I spent only selling like 50% of what I intended to.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

You're just lucky. I haven't gotten anything above a bronze in four packs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

TheFlyingLlama posted:

You're just lucky. I haven't gotten anything above a bronze in four packs.

If it makes you feel any better the most valuable card I pulled all year in MUT was an elite badge and I probably pulled 300 or so packs.

Box of Frogs
Feb 12, 2012
The first pack I bought had a diamond in it :downs:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So apparently the thing to do in DD is stack your team with cheap fast baserunners and steal everything and take advantage of some of the slower fielder animations and bad catcher arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Anyone else getting horribly glitchy animations in the outfield where it'll show the ball go past someone but really they caught it? I'm not experiencing lag when the ball is pitched so I don't know what the gently caress

• Locked thread