Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjWxW67NGM

Releases March 31 for PS3/PS4/Vita

Watch an hour or so of gameplay and listen to the devs talk about it here: http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/b/620908682

Whats new...ish?

http://www.operationsports.com/news/828339/mlb-15-the-show-gameplay-stream-details-archive-available-now-if-you-missed-it/

quote:

Advanced AI logic results in outfielders taking more realistic routes to the ball
Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw
User controlled cut offs
All new slide and tag system
New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners
Enhanced ball physics for pop ups, fly balls, and shots into the gap
Dynamic pitch breaks: Allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting
Simplified Analog swing controls
Dynamic Difficulty 2.0
New situational base covering intelligence allows for new animations to play when a player has time or is in a hurry to get to his base.
More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
New Input Type option for hitting
We’ve separated swing input as a separate option
More than 90 new personal batting stances
More than 120 batting stance re-captures
More than 50 new personal pitching motions
More than 120 pitching motion re-captures
More than 45 new signature HR swings
More than 900 new presentation animations
More than 700 new gameplay animations
Editable Contracts (Franchise mode)
Player contract interest improved (based on MLB service time) (Franchise mode)
Player salary guide (Franchise mode)
GM History records (Franchise mode)
Trade Finder (Franchise mode)
Vastly improved trade logic (Franchise mode)
New crowd placement logic to reduce fans sitting in "cheap" seats
New Quick Shifts feature and revamped Defensive Positioning screen
Quick Counts balancing adjustments (I.E. less 3-2 counts, pitchers start with 1-1 counts, etc.)
Four new brands for Fielding Gloves. Each brand has three different styles.
Four new brands for Bats. Each brand has three different styles.
Four new brands for Batting Gloves. Three brands have three styles and one brand has two styles.
Three new brands for Cleats. Each brand has three different styles.
Updated shin guard, new “Without foot guard” option added.
Updated batting helmet with no flaps to pay homage to Old Time players. (PS4 Only)
New Necklace accessory with Thin or Thick as options. (PS4 Only)
Wrist tape has now been separated into left and right wrists with a new “Long” wrist tape option added.
New “Extra Wide” wristband AND armband option added. (PS4 Only)
New Base runner Wrist Guard accessory added. (PS4 Only)
New “Stirrup Low” Pant Style option added. (PS4 Only)
Japanese and slap-hitter swing types now selectable (PS4 Only)
Left analog stick bunting influence
Hours of new custom stadium and ambiance music (over 40 new tracks)
RTTS camera improvements after the ball is in play
Dynamic shadows in each stadium that will change over the course of the season
Colors will also change based on the amount of sun exposure
Grass and dirt colors are more accurate for each stadium
There are way more skin tones (they used to only have 13), which means you'll get much more realistic skin on dark-toned players
Directional hitting lets you influence where the ball will go, even in "timing only" mode
Dynamic pitch breaks make each pitch type easier to recognize and closer to how the ball acts in real life
Quick counts will start you in the middle of an at-bat more frequently. Pitchers will always start on a 1-1 count
Manual cutoffs are triggered by the L1 button and will help keep singles with a runner in scoring position from turning into cheap doubles
Outfielders have more curved, indirect routes, and will no longer just take straight paths to the ball. This should help reduce the number of undeserved doubles and triples
Infielders will follow the ball better and cover bases more realistically
There were no changes to umpires
The new MLB challenge system is in place for close plays at bases
Lots of new catching, tagging, and throwing animations were captured; they are unique to each base
Baserunners will slow up now and dynamically change their run speed based on where the ball is hit
There is more of a separation this year between fast and and slow runners
Expect less warping and no more sudden, unrealistic speed boosts in all fielding animations
You can use analog swings with timing hitting now
Meter pitching is more sensitive and has more risk/reward. Missing your mark has more of a penalty, hitting your mark has more of a benefit
Fielding and throwing sliders are now separated into different slider categories for infield/outfield

quote:

Updated Franchise Mode

If you need a little more realism in MLB 15 The Show, you will appreciate the new Franchise mode. You now have to keep owner expectations in mind as you manage the team and the performance can and will influence job offers. Key upgrades include new Performance-based Player Progression, better Trade & Contract logic and the ability to partner with Brand Sponsors. You can link up with an official sponsor for the broadcast parts of the game to earn extra money to spend on building a better team.

LOL

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Man, I probably won't be able to pick this up until June at the earliest. Silly me for picking up an Xbox One over the holidays. The last one I played was 13, so I hope this one is way better.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I was really hyped for, and let down by, 14 and just going by the info they released so far 15 doesn't seem to be much of an improvement.The changes to the pitch spin might be huge, who knows.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah, seems pretty underwhelming to me.

If anyone was wondering about the skinit preorder bonus, do it. I got a Braves one last year and it was easy to apply and is still in great shape.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I really liked 14 and still play it. Depending on how much of an upgrade 15 is I might just stay with 14. But hey - now that you can transfer franchise saves.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The Show is pretty much my only must-get sports franchise every year, so I'll be getting it no matter what. Hopefully online is fixed (HAHA!) because the league we had in '13 was great, but the lag and games not registering ruined any chance of that last year.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Harlock posted:

I really liked 14 and still play it. Depending on how much of an upgrade 15 is I might just stay with 14. But hey - now that you can transfer franchise saves.

I was really excited at the prospect of transferring saves last year, but now I've built up such a super team that I kind of want to start over anyway.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I would actually consider buying that special edition if the game box was made of wood. That looks sweet.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I haven't touched my RttS guy in forever, so it'll be neat to start up with that again.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Since I don't care who's on what team since I only really play RttS, I tend to only buy The Show every 3-5 years and enjoy having the real life Series --> Spring Training winter break from playing at all, and each year my RttS guy does nothing all winter and gets a little fatter and a little drunker. Just like real baseball!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Holy poo poo I finally have a PS4! I am so loving down being able to finally play video game baseball!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I only have The Show '13 and it has trouble with fielders who don't want to reach for a ball that is 2 feet away if you don't time the play just right. My catchers also dive for everything thrown to them, which is super awkward and makes close plays at home difficult. Was that still a thing in '14?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
gosh, that teaser looks to have barely any noticeable changes over last years game...

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
RBI Baseball has stadiums, stat tracking, and bigger rosters this year, I hope the actual game got better too because a quicker less hardcore game would be great.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oh god. The licensed equipment are unlockables and they give you +stats.

Do I go with the +2 power bat or the +3 plate discipline one.

Ugh.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

davecrazy posted:

Just like in real life! I hope they add those energy necklaces too. I'll be unstoppable.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
looooooooooool

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

This is....not good.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qou9mUb9uRw

Pingiivi posted:

Just like in real life! I hope they add those energy necklaces too. I'll be unstoppable.

They have those too, not kidding.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Can you do custom walkup music in the ps4 version?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Can you do custom walkup music in the ps4 version?

They probably would of made a point to mention that if it was coming back.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I love #brands

Just kidding, but I do like having actual gear in sports games. It was an aspect of nba2k that I really liked.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

MLB 15: The Show - #brands

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

davecrazy posted:

MLB 15: The Show - #brands

Presented by Darren Rovell.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IMB posted:

I love #brands

Just kidding, but I do like having actual gear in sports games. It was an aspect of nba2k that I really liked.

Maybe our RTTS guys can wear clown noses, too!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Hopkins FBI posted:

Presented by Darren Rovell.

Wasn't Rovell actually in Madden or NBA once?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
MLB 15 The Show : We Phoned This One In Edition

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
PS4 needs walkups so I can have this play for all my power hitters.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

davecrazy posted:

Do I go with the +2 power bat or the +3 plate discipline one.

Ugh.

Hopefully that means you can use your RTTS salary to improve your character so I have incentives to actually care what I get signed for. Although I guess it would just wind up being poo poo like "+10 power batting gloves $5,000,000"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dubious posted:

MLB 15 The Show : We Phoned This One In Edition

Sorta what this looks like, that list of improvements looks like a decent patch, not a $60 game. Ah well, this series is probably one of those "every 3 years" games.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lockback posted:

Sorta what this looks like, that list of improvements looks like a decent patch, not a $60 game. Ah well, this series is probably one of those "every 3 years" games.

Used to not be but being the only game in town now with 2K bowing out, it looks like they went the EA route for Madden. gently caress 'em, they'll buy it anyways.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Maybe I'm missing the problem with the licensed equipment, but it seems pretty neat to implement real brands of bats, gloves, etc. into the game. From the video it looks like they just unlock as you play and gain EXP and don't require you to pay for them or anything.

jabro posted:

Used to not be but being the only game in town now with 2K bowing out, it looks like they went the EA route for Madden. gently caress 'em, they'll buy it anyways.

Eh, I thought the later iterations of 2K baseball were pretty mediocre. IMO, The Show has been the only game in town for about 5-6 years.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It's neat, but superficial. And like DOTA2 hats it doesn't impact gameplay any except for RPG, er RttS mode. In fact in-game you probably wont notice it at all.

I'll get excited when they announce that online h2h league games will properly register wins and loses and stat tracking will work properly.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

davecrazy posted:

It's neat, but superficial. And like DOTA2 hats it doesn't impact gameplay any except for RPG, er RttS mode. In fact in-game you probably wont notice it at all.

I'll get excited when they announce that online h2h league games will properly register wins and loses and stat tracking will work properly.

I completely agree with the online point and I hope they come out with some good news about it. Other than that I can't think of much core gameplay that needed improvement that isn't already listed.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I know online h2h has always had issues, but from the initial ps3 release right through show 13 I loved playing auto match h2h games. I was totaly adjusted to the lag, and had a ton of fun with it. Then whatever they did to the netcode for 14 just made everything feel off. The warping infielders was a huge problem, and it was a feature not a bug! In their quest to improve online gameplay they actually made it worse. It was still fun to play, but I maybe played 100 h2h games in 14. I maybe had 300-400 in 12 or 13.

I want it to be fun again, and last year it wasn't as fun. I don't know the exact reason why, but the subtle changes they did made everything feel slightly off to me.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

MagicCube posted:

Maybe I'm missing the problem with the licensed equipment, but it seems pretty neat to implement real brands of bats, gloves, etc. into the game.

http://www.phitenusa.com/technology

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

That's not about video game baseball. Also if that aqua metal gave me +4 plate discipline in real life I'd be all over it.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 11, 2015

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I played about 180 online games and had a 3 ERA and 1 whip, even with all the lag and desynchs. If it's like last year I'm not buying it.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Double post of course, lol

ForbiddenWonder fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I just want them to stop making me wear loving camouflage jerseys

• Locked thread