Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wanna see them use tiny little subtitles for Black Bolt in the Inhumans movie.

Just a sudden drop from usual cinema 100+ decibels to 0 -> pause -> mouthed word -> blinding light -> MASSIVE DEAFENING EXPLOSION that violates all heath and safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I liked the quiet explosions in the Ang Lee Hulk. It would be cool to see Black Bolt do something like that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

goatface posted:

Just a sudden drop from usual cinema 100+ decibels to 0 -> pause -> mouthed word -> blinding light -> MASSIVE DEAFENING EXPLOSION that violates all heath and safety.

This but use the old THX sound-test effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWkJ86JqlPA

See also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6XTgscDWtA&t=20s

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like Black Bolt, where would I go to see more of him and the other Inhumans, as I have no idea what the Inhumans even are?

Edit: I should probably ask this in the marvel thread.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Outside of Blackbolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, and very arguably Crystal no one knows (or cares) about any of the Inhumans at all. It's something Marvel has been working on since they made the decision to have Inhumans replace Mutants in the mainline books but I have no idea how successful they've been.

That said look up series involving Inhumans in the last few years as that'll be most indicative of what you can expect for the future. The current Ms. Marvel book also stars a young girl who is technically an Inhuman.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

I like Black Bolt, where would I go to see more of him and the other Inhumans, as I have no idea what the Inhumans even are?

Edit: I should probably ask this in the marvel thread.

A Black Bolt starring series just started https://www.comixology.com/Uncanny-Inhumans-2015-0/digital-comic/208104?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9pdGVtU2xpZGVy
It spins off from 'Inhuman' from the same writer, which I really like.

e: and that spun off from Jonathan Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity, but it explains stuff. He was on that New Avengers team too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mind the walrus posted:

Outside of Blackbolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, and very arguably Crystal no one knows (or cares) about any of the Inhumans at all. It's something Marvel has been working on since they made the decision to have Inhumans replace Mutants in the mainline books but I have no idea how successful they've been.

That said look up series involving Inhumans in the last few years as that'll be most indicative of what you can expect for the future. The current Ms. Marvel book also stars a young girl who is technically an Inhuman.

Its been relatively unsuccessful, but that is because Marvel has been shockingly incompetent so far with them.

Like there are delays and such that just kill any momentum they are trying to build.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Inhuman rules, if you haven't been reading it because of "Who cares"

Read Charles Soule books.
e: And Ryan Stegman, then Steve McNiven on the new one. C'mon, y'all.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 4, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Its been relatively unsuccessful, but that is because Marvel has been shockingly incompetent so far with them.

Like there are delays and such that just kill any momentum they are trying to build.

My guess is that Marvel is trying to find a marketing sweet spot like they did with Guardians but the original roster doesn't support that at all (they were always designed to be supporting players) and they're hesitant to wipe the board clean and create a whole new lineup, especially since all the anchors (Blackbolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, and Crystal) seem like they should work with relatively minor tweaks.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

they're hesitant to wipe the board clean and create a whole new lineup

Have you read Inhuman? It's like 90% new characters. That was the point of the mist.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CharlestheHammer posted:

There were delays during the first few issues because of Joe Mad's art, but the series has been consistently on time since then even double shipping some months. And it's a really good book. The Inhumans are great and I'm glad someone is finally doing something with them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Deadpool posted:

There were delays during the first few issues because of Joe Mad's art, but the series has been consistently on time since then even double shipping some months. And it's a really good book. The Inhumans are great and I'm glad someone is finally doing something with them.

Yeah and it effectively killed any hype going for them. Which was the point.

I don't give a poo poo whether the book is good or not (I can't get into lovely Mutant knockoffs), I just find it interesting for a franchise they want to push they have done a really, really poor job.

mind the walrus posted:

My guess is that Marvel is trying to find a marketing sweet spot like they did with Guardians but the original roster doesn't support that at all (they were always designed to be supporting players) and they're hesitant to wipe the board clean and create a whole new lineup, especially since all the anchors (Blackbolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, and Crystal) seem like they should work with relatively minor tweaks.

Nah the main issue was they put a known flaky artist on the book, and I think some writer quarrels. Easy to predict poo poo they somehow didn't see coming.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 4, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Have you read Inhuman? It's like 90% new characters. That was the point of the mist.

Is the lineup worth a cross-media drat in the end, do you think? Honest question. That is the metric Marvel is measuring success by these days even if I don't personally agree with it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

CharlestheHammer posted:

But there's a fire guy! And he has ISSUES!

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE US

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah the main issue was they put a known flaky artist on the book, and I think some writer quarrels. Easy to predict poo poo they somehow didn't see coming.

Hey, I'm sure Joe will be fine and hit deadlines like clockwork now Battle Chasers is back! :v:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Is the lineup worth a cross-media drat in the end, do you think? Honest question.

I'm glad I don't give the slightest poo poo. I'll just say it should be read cause it's a great comic.

The Death of Wolverine team is on Uncanny Inhumans if you can take that as a measure of care.

mind the walrus posted:

I don't, actually, although I'm glad being so insular has kept your grace and tact so thoroughly practiced.

I didn't mean to be rude to ya, but directing someone away from a comic for those reasons is ridiculous. Wanna read some good Black Bolt/Inhumans comics? They're making them.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 4, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm glad I don't give the slightest poo poo. I'll just say it should be read cause it's a great comic.

The Death of Wolverine team is on Uncanny Inhumans if you can take that as a measure of care.

I don't, actually, although I'm glad being so insular has kept your grace and tact so thoroughly practiced.

As far as content, it's not exactly a panel, but an interesting time capsule of a TV show in 1962 starring Burgess Meredith:

Check the covers in the background fools.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
What does Black Bolt do outside of those moments?

Also if his words tear through rock and metal and stuff, why did Hulk's armour survive? Were his leather knee straps affected by gamma radiation?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

VagueRant posted:

He used to do all sorts of poo poo and be able to do things like fight Ben Grimm hand to hand and win, but writers got mad lazy with him over the years so now all he really does is yell or threaten to yell.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

VagueRant posted:

Also if his words tear through rock and metal and stuff, why did Hulk's armour survive? Were his leather knee straps affected by gamma radiation?

Plot armour. No-one wants to see a naked hulk, after all

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bohemian Nights posted:

Plot armour. No-one wants to see a naked hulk, after all

The only thing stronger than Hulk are Bruce Banner's pants.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

VagueRant posted:

He's a king. He oversees the activities of Attilan.

He can fly, he's super-strong, he can shoot energy blasts, and he spends most of his time listening to trade proposals and arbitrating over minor disputes.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Parahexavoctal posted:

He's a king. He oversees the activities of Attilan.

He can fly, he's super-strong, he can shoot energy blasts, and he spends most of his time listening to trade proposals and arbitrating over minor disputes.

He also has, like, six or so wives. I'm sure they keep him busy around the house.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uthor posted:

He also has, like, six or so wives. I'm sure they keep him busy around the house.

(FF#9)

Spider talking smack to kings counts as badass.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I understand if it's war or whatever, but did Black Bolt just kill a bunch of dudes?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KittenofDoom posted:

I understand if it's war or whatever, but did Black Bolt just kill a bunch of dudes?

Black Bolt is a king, he kills who he wants.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

KittenofDoom posted:

I've got something bad to tell you about what happens in a war.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

KittenofDoom posted:

its ok you can tell he feels bad about it

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

its ok you can tell he feels bad about it

That's the real secret Americans pulled over the British, Germans, and Soviets in the 20th century-- waging global hegemony but with a pause in-between atrocities to acknowledge how bad it makes everyone feel with enough skill that people forget that they're the dominant fuckers.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

That's the real secret Americans pulled over the British, Germans, and Soviets in the 20th century-- waging global hegemony but with a pause in-between atrocities to acknowledge how bad it makes everyone feel with enough skill that people forget that they're the dominant fuckers.

Huh, that must have been the next page, because I sure didn't see that in those comic book panels.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Black Bolt is a king, he kills who he wants.

He kills whoever he thinks necessary.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

goatface posted:

Don't mess with the King.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

IUG posted:

Huh, that must have been the next page, because I sure didn't see that in those comic book panels.

It's like a Magic Eye not everyone can do it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don't mess with the King.

Are the cracks supposed to visually indicate that everyone but Dr. Strange and Captain America would, or are they just cracks?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

FredMSloniker posted:

Are the cracks supposed to visually indicate that everyone but Dr. Strange and Captain America would, or are they just cracks?

Before Black Bolt spoke (that's a really really tiny "me" in the speech bubble) the table wasn't cracked.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FredMSloniker posted:

I think the one crack is pointing at both Strange and Namor, since both ultimately did kill to save their world.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Strange probably kills rogue dimensions on the regular. Just part of the day job to have to surgically excise some dangerous populations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goatface posted:

He is the very literal last argument of kings.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

It could be viewed that the cracks point at everyone who is prepared to kill for their goal. With Captain America pointedly left out, and Namor ' s done in such a way to indicate his eventual isolation from the group.
Or it could have been a cool artistic trick that everyone reads their own interpretation into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Cap totally kills people if required though. Just not for kicks and never the Red Skull for some reason.