Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

So with the PC release coming, I'm starting to think about my return to GTA Online. How exactly does character transferring work?
  1. Is there any limit to the amount of money you can transfer? Any limitations on properties or cars?
  2. Would it be a good idea to wait until the servers have cooled down from the initial flood to make sure the transfer goes smoothly? Were there any issues transferring to PS4/Xbone?
  3. If there is a limit on money but not on cars, are Adder bonds still the best method of laundering money? No new cars that sell for more when fully modded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jehde posted:

So with the PC release coming, I'm starting to think about my return to GTA Online. How exactly does character transferring work?
  1. Is there any limit to the amount of money you can transfer? Any limitations on properties or cars?
  2. Would it be a good idea to wait until the servers have cooled down from the initial flood to make sure the transfer goes smoothly? Were there any issues transferring to PS4/Xbone?
  3. If there is a limit on money but not on cars, are Adder bonds still the best method of laundering money? No new cars that sell for more when fully modded?

1) You get an exact copy of everything you had on your old console. Except sometimes the Rockstar servers gently caress up and don't copy your cars, but you can go back to your old console, note down what's in your garages there, and fire off a ticket to Rockstar to get millions to compensate for rebuying your cars and mods. This also includes any PSN trophies/Xbox acheivements you've earned for Online, they'll all pop up onthe new console or pc as fully earned the day you did the transfer.
2) You're probably not going to avoid trouble no matter when you transfer. As I said, the only trouble that seems to come up is losing cars and you get rockstar support to give you stacks of cash when that happens
3) Since there's no limit on money, don't bother buying new adders. But you can still sell any you already had.

And don't forget, you get to keep all of your stuff on the original console! So you can go back to your old console and continue playing with all your stuff, there's no connection between the two or three character profiles you have (one old console, one new console, and one pc. No idea if you can have two next gen accounts, one on PS4 and one on XBO)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Can someone join my Prison Break? I'm so drat tired of always autojoining this mission that I'm trying to finally just do it myself so I can move on.

PSN: adamsolo3000

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the prompt and informative response! One more final question, I seem to recall hearing that you can transfer characters between any platform as many times as you want, just limited to one transfer per month or something. So then if the cars do get lost in a transfer, would it be possible to just try transferring again in a month?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

theCalamity posted:

Just got done watching Furious 7 and the finale is literally a typical session in GTA Online. It was great.

When I got back from the theater yesterday, I decided I couldn't wait the extra two weeks for the PC version and fired up my PS3 for the first time in six months. Heists are cool.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

setafd posted:

Can someone join my Prison Break? I'm so drat tired of always autojoining this mission that I'm trying to finally just do it myself so I can move on.

PSN: adamsolo3000

Sent you a friend request. Let's do this!
edit: it would appear that you got a crew.

Anyone on PS4 who wants to heist with me, I've started a party and am done playing with pubbies.
PSN: bisticlz

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 5, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jehde posted:

Thanks for the prompt and informative response! One more final question, I seem to recall hearing that you can transfer characters between any platform as many times as you want, just limited to one transfer per month or something. So then if the cars do get lost in a transfer, would it be possible to just try transferring again in a month?

I think that would be possible, but you're way better off just asking Rockstar for the money to rebuy your cars

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I think bisticlz and I may have just hit peak pubbie.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

BitBasher posted:

Like that pubbie who kept spending the whole mission going to his Savage only to really do nothing because the mission was almost done anyhow?

I think after a while, Powershift and I just started trying to gently caress with him and steal his chopper.

I used to really hate contact missions, but they are so less stressful than heists since you can have people die and still complete the mission.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Looking for 2 non pubbies to do the emp drop off.

blackguy32 posted:

Like that pubbie who kept spending the whole mission going to his Savage only to really do nothing because the mission was almost done anyhow?

Worse, by a wide, wide margin.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Doing a classic car race and picked the Roosevelt because how can you not. It is big and slow and turns like a tank. I came in 2nd out of 6. Now I need to buy one. How can I buy one?

Apparently not long for sale gently caress!

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

cheesetriangles posted:

Doing a classic car race and picked the Roosevelt because how can you not. It is big and slow and turns like a tank. I came in 2nd out of 6. Now I need to buy one. How can I buy one?

Apparently not long for sale gently caress!

Yep. You'll need a time machine.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

You can't. It was only for sale the first valentine's day in 2014(?) and it has never been for sale since. Same thing goes for my double breasted suits and my Tommy Gun.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

20,000 for 1st in a 3 lap race is pretty awesome. It took 14 minutes :laffo:

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

So I just can't get enough of the new armored Kuruma. It's the only car to drive in freemode now and I love it almost as much as the griefy pubbies who think their Insurgent is bulletproof :allears:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I did some contact missions with a couple low-level pubbies the other day and felt like a god. For example, Mixed Up With Coke, they'd get killed before I got back to the construction site in my Buzzard.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mechanism Eight posted:

So I just can't get enough of the new armored Kuruma. It's the only car to drive in freemode now and I love it almost as much as the griefy pubbies who think their Insurgent is bulletproof :allears:

And it costs $6500 every time they blow it up.

It's hilarious to see insurgents with the gun on the top to run away from you or go into passive mode because you keep removing their gunner.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

20,000 for 1st in a 3 lap race is pretty awesome. It took 14 minutes :laffo:

I miss the halcyon days of earning 52k for a 3 minute point to point of The Commute when the game was first released.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Does anyone do survivals still? I had to do one for my daily objective and I actually enjoyed myself. Only made it to wave 6 because I hosed up and my teammates were garbage, is the final payout 20 or 40k?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

BitBasher posted:

I swear pubbies are dumber than Hitman AI

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

bisticles posted:

I swear pubbies are dumber than Hitman AI

Some of them are pretty good. But man there are a lot that just outright suck. I can deal with people making mistakes. I can deal with people being new. But sometimes you have level 80 players just making terrible decisions. Some of them think they are superman.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I would like to think every bad decision I made in this game was because I was drunk in game or in real life, roleplaying my character to the best of my abilities.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Jonesy posted:

Does anyone do survivals still? I had to do one for my daily objective and I actually enjoyed myself. Only made it to wave 6 because I hosed up and my teammates were garbage, is the final payout 20 or 40k?

I like doing them, I had it as a daily recently and got to wave 10 on my own. I think the payout is 30k?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

blackguy32 posted:

Some of them are pretty good. But man there are a lot that just outright suck. I can deal with people making mistakes. I can deal with people being new. But sometimes you have level 80 players just making terrible decisions. Some of them think they are superman.

This was my dilemma last night with Prison Break. We had an actually skilled pilot dodging jet missiles and stuff, while leading jets into range where I could rocket them. But then he'd try to do near misses with every pass like we're the Blue Angels or something which resulted in the way you'd expect, and then he'd try to pull off stunts which also ended badly. I wouldn't have cared if we were all dying to AI in gunfights, but so many of those deaths were preventable. I feel like some insufferable WoW raid leader harping on that, but seriously, Heists are totally not hard if you just be patient and exercise a bit of common sense into things.

That said, I'm having a dilemma between buying an armored Kuruma, or sticking to my Offroad Injection buggy. I realize I can have both, but I fear for defaulting to the Kuruma in every mission and freeroam situation. The buggy is really fun to bounce around in and being able to handle offroad portions of missions with ease is super rewarding. Any other goons main offroad vehicles?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Avocados posted:

This was my dilemma last night with Prison Break. We had an actually skilled pilot dodging jet missiles and stuff, while leading jets into range where I could rocket them. But then he'd try to do near misses with every pass like we're the Blue Angels or something which resulted in the way you'd expect, and then he'd try to pull off stunts which also ended badly. I wouldn't have cared if we were all dying to AI in gunfights, but so many of those deaths were preventable. I feel like some insufferable WoW raid leader harping on that, but seriously, Heists are totally not hard if you just be patient and exercise a bit of common sense into things.

That said, I'm having a dilemma between buying an armored Kuruma, or sticking to my Offroad Injection buggy. I realize I can have both, but I fear for defaulting to the Kuruma in every mission and freeroam situation. The buggy is really fun to bounce around in and being able to handle offroad portions of missions with ease is super rewarding. Any other goons main offroad vehicles?

Stay with your buggy cause once you go with the Kuruma, many contact missions are a joke and many heist setup missions are a a joke.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
FWIW, the kuruma's made obsolete almost every car in my garage: It's 4WD, reasonably fast, pretty good off-road and impervious to all but explosions. Buy one and never look back

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

In the bike stealing mission, a pubbie made it all the way back with one of the lovely choppers, which i guess is impressive on it's own.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I can't confirm this yet, but apparently during the prison break finale, the chopper pilot can pick Rashkovsky up in the Buzzard. The prison can still shoot missiles at you but evidently has a very low likelihood once all the guards are killed. Then you can just fly straight to the plane anywhere on the map.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

I can't confirm this yet, but apparently during the prison break finale, the chopper pilot can pick Rashkovsky up in the Buzzard. The prison can still shoot missiles at you but evidently has a very low likelihood once all the guards are killed. Then you can just fly straight to the plane anywhere on the map.

When you're low down, hovering outside the prison and you get too close, the missles are basically unavoidable.

Chadmunkey
Jan 1, 2013

weird toppings guy posted:

thanks to chadmonkey for driving me around whilst we killed pubbies, it was a good time until my game crashed

Np, I'm always down for pubbie hunting!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Esroc, if you read this, I would have added you after shiving you and leaving you in a ditch but the PS4 met players functionality is questionable at best. :smith:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Trying to do heists with PS3 pubbies, the prison break station setup seems to come up and fail often. At one point I finally got the car out of the ship, and then we got the wanted level stuck... Otherwise it's just people having no idea where to go and getting themselves killed first chance.

Same for rescuing the guy on the island, two pubbies speaking a language I couldn't understand, taking forever to get near grapeseed, finally getting rid of the cops half a mile from the pickup point. Then the 4th guy who wasn't in the boat brought the police to us and we were back to 3 stars 1 minute before the timer ran out :argh:

My personal progress is still stuck after the Fleeca heist :(

E: on my alt I can't even beat that thanks to only absolute retards joining my setups. Like the guy who, as a driver, took a "shortcut" over the hills and got the car flipped and exploded, on 2nd try he almost did the same on the way back from the bank and took twice as long as staying on the road would have taken. And when I drove the Granger back myself to speed things up apparently got bored in the passenger seat, started shooting around and got us a wanted level. :wtc:

orcane fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 6, 2015

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

So I had an update yesterday (I think) and I've noticed the Kuruma's handling seems a bit more stiff... I guess like it's heavier.
Anyone else found the same thing?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

ExplodingSquid posted:

So I had an update yesterday (I think) and I've noticed the Kuruma's handling seems a bit more stiff... I guess like it's heavier.
Anyone else found the same thing?

The Kuruma has always been a fat rear end, I haven't noticed a difference.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
...so which site has the Kuruma? I'm still new to online and I don't know a drat thing except for getting shot to death.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Last night me and some australian dudes were stealing the valkyrie for the humane labs raid and some how three times in a row the guy in the passenger seat of the valkyrie got headshotted by the passengers in the first helicopter that you have to destroy. We couldn't even be mad, i mean thats just amazingly lovely luck.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is there a reason why I can't seem to lose the cops in the Casco during "Prison Heist - Station"? I spent ten minutes trying to get rid of the cops, even driving into the subway construction tunnels didn't work, the wanted level never even started flashing even tho there were no cops nearby, for the second time now.

bman in 2288 posted:

...so which site has the Kuruma? I'm still new to online and I don't know a drat thing except for getting shot to death.

Southern San Andreas Super Autos after you passed the intro heist (Fleeca) either as a leader or crew member.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I hope you didn't glitch yourself a Duke O' Death because Rockstar is dealing with you in hilarious fashion.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Crud. I don't have nearly enough for a high-end apartment yet. I need good bankroll, and it's not available to me yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

orcane posted:

Is there a reason why I can't seem to lose the cops in the Casco during "Prison Heist - Station"? I spent ten minutes trying to get rid of the cops, even driving into the subway construction tunnels didn't work, the wanted level never even started flashing even tho there were no cops nearby, for the second time now.

Once you have the Casco, don't shoot at all. Don't even bother. Just drive. Returning fire attracts the cops and you don't need to at all.

Some people in this thread have said that they've had to stop and get out of the car for the police to "reset" then get back in the car and the wanted level will quickly go away.

• Locked thread