Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

Chamber's melee attack is beautiful. Everything else...

Also now that the Z series is over, how did you feel about your sphere holder? Preemptive apologies to all you Pisces' and Capricorns.
:negative: My sphere is lame isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Pisces spoilers

It's the Dreaming Pisces sphere powered by the desire to fulfill your dreams.

It also never shows up because Asakim ganked it offscreen.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Clearly my sadness at Gundam X's treatment led to reality warping and somebody at Banpresto getting a drat clue.

The system works.

Also Setsuko was okay I guess, good for her that the happy ending was canon.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

BlitzBlast posted:

Clearly my sadness at Gundam X's treatment led to reality warping and somebody at Banpresto getting a drat clue.

The system works.

I KNOW, it's so awesome! :hfive:

If only they gave him his G-Bits, it would've been perfect.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I'm a Taurus but I haven't been paying attention to the spoilers so I don't know what it does. But apparently the holder is some blonde chick?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The fact that we didn't get an aquatic original unit for the Pisces sphere is some hot garbage.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm a Libra.

At least my sphere holder learned how to conserve ammo and get stuff over and done with quickly instead of taking 10 minutes to shoot down one target. His debt issues, on the other hand.....

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I'm Capricorn so I'm not sure what the deal for me is. Someone want to spoil it for me?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Asakim killed your holder offscreen before Z2-2.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I'm a Sagittarius...so...uh was there ever a sphere for that

ImpAtom posted:

I'm personally dreading when MJP, Cross Ange and Valvrave all get into a game together.

Super Rape Wars is not going to be a fun one.

When the hell did anything like that happen in MJP?

and come on man Banpresto isn't going to be as gratuitous about it, if they ever do Cross Ange I wouldn't be surprised if they just noped from those pilot uniforms and went with the really cool regular clothes they wear and they're going to tone down all of the really awful things. How would they even depict the terribleness in the SRW format its either 90% text or robots blowing things up.

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 7, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

I'm a Taurus but I haven't been paying attention to the spoilers so I don't know what it does. But apparently the holder is some blonde chick?

The holder is an absurdly AMERICAN blond woman who pretends to be a stoic gold-clad guy for a brief period of time. Her power allows her to steal the strength of others. She is Rand's rival because the Wounded Lion only has pain to steal.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Also now that the Z series is over, how did you feel about your sphere holder? Preemptive apologies to all you Pisces' and Capricorns.

Aquarius leads one of the better OG antagonist factions, has a hilariously overdesigned mech, his sphere power is cool but comes with terrible consequences and has amazing music. No complaints here.

A shame they couldn't do all the spheres justice.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

and come on man Banpresto isn't going to be as gratuitous about it, if they ever do Cross Ange I wouldn't be surprised if they just noped from those pilot uniforms and went with the really cool regular clothes they wear and they're going to tone down all of the really awful things. How would they even depict the terribleness in the SRW format its either 90% text or robots blowing things up.

I would not go that far. There's some pretty skeevy poo poo in these games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

have you seen aya's pilot suit lately

they'd probably write out some of the rape-y stuff but the fanservice would definitely be there. it's not like they toned down godanner any.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Nothing in Godannar needed toning down. :colbert:

...except the incest.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My sphere holder and his ride are COOL AS HELL.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Light Gun Man posted:

Nothing in Godannar needed toning down. :colbert:

...except the incest.
It's like you don't want to see brothers and sisters combining so that they become one.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I wanted so bad to like Godannar but the fan service was just too much. I could put up with gravion and it's nonsense but Godannar just beat you over the head with it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm a Gemini and 8 stages into 3.1 so I don't know poo poo yet.

I'm gonna ask here again, but I don't suppose anyone can give me a "this is what this dlc is about" summary for 3.1? I've done the 3 available to me so far and I like that it's a "so how did you guys get drafted" little thing. Are they mostly just that? The only other one I know about is the Noriko+Simon with the Eva kids one.

I guess I'l try gamefaqs too? Where else has people that play these things anyway.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 7, 2015

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Libra, so while debt problems are kinda bad the sniper alliance is kinda cool, and I actually kinda like the themes/LiBrasta.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Akarasu wiki is your best resource.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TheManSeries posted:

Akarasu wiki is your best resource.

All I can find there is the mission titles and rewards for them, but I am an idiot so maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

All I can find there is the mission titles and rewards for them, but I am an idiot so maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

If I'm not mistaken Chen Gong had a pastebin of all that. I thought akurasu did too but I may be mistaken.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Because we talked about yesterday, I've been brainstorming how to make a SRW with R-Type in my head since. Like, how it would work mechanically, what the stages would be, etc.

Help, I am a giant nerd.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MonsieurChoc posted:

Because we talked about yesterday, I've been brainstorming how to make a SRW with R-Type in my head since. Like, how it would work mechanically, what the stages would be, etc.

Help, I am a giant nerd.

You haven't become a true nerd until you're trying to sort out a massive 20-50 series list and figuring out how all the series interact with each other in all sorts of ridiculous ways

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Help, I am a giant nerd.

Don't worry I do this but with Atlus instead all the time

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TheManSeries posted:

If I'm not mistaken Chen Gong had a pastebin of all that. I thought akurasu did too but I may be mistaken.

I'll keep looking then. I've got Chen Gong's main story summary pastebin but it doesn't have any dlc stuff in.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

drrockso20 posted:

You haven't become a true nerd until you're trying to sort out a massive 20-50 series list and figuring out how all the series interact with each other in all sorts of ridiculous ways

Hey that's no fair mine is only at 19.

...unless you count all the subseries things which'd bring it to 41.

...Or unless you count the other one which at base is 26 totally different things and is way more ridiculous and complicated than 'you sure do fight space monsters' since I now realize it is basically Fallout New Vegas with robots.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So, I'd use the R-Type Complete characters (Ryo Minamoto as main pilot, Leza Steffany as sub-pilot that joins midway through), but the plot is basically just the first game, with Dobkeratops and everything. Maybe have the Delta as a secret (the Delta is awesome). You'd unlock new attacks as you go through (representing the upgrades you get), with the Force being detachable and useable as a separate unit, at the cost of losing most of your attacks. There would also be a After-Images style effect when the Force is attached, to represent it blocking shots. The BYDO would be pretty strong, being extremely resistant to normal damage (as they are both wave and matter you see) as well as their attack having a special BYDO corruption effect. It would work by lowering WILL, and if it ever brings you down to the minimum (80 I think?) the pilo self-destructs before the BYDO can take over.

Since you need an Original Storyline to tie everything together, I tried thinking of one that would fit with the dark R-Type univers,e without being too dark because this is SRW. You'd get to choose between an amnesiac man piloting a mysterious super robot powered by Dark Magics and a female ace pilot from a prestigious military bloodline with a brand-new prototype real. The Original Bad Guys would be a secret conspiracy within the Federation known as TINDALOS, with a Lovecraft theme. They show up from time to time, apparently wanting to steal powerful new technologies for their secret masters, dropping ominous hints every time. A mysteriosu good guy, known as "The Wanderer", would also show up occsionally to give hints of what to do, always disguised in a old spacesuit with the visor down. The last non-og Stage would be the final fight against the BYDO core, were you face a BYDO-corrupted version of your crew, brought over from a timeline where you failed. This is when all the big revelations start to hit: the BYDO aren't just another strange alien species they're a Bio-weapon created by the Federation of 400 years into the future, completely out of control. After the BYDO core is defeated, the Wanderer show sup and reveals that the research that will eventually give birth to the BYDO has already begun at the top-secret TINDALOS labs. He himself turns out to be an old AI, created to help humanity in the early days of the Federation, and doing so by giving a little push here and there (he's absically R. Giskard). At this point the Endgame truly begins, with the crew attacking the secret conspriacy at the heart of the Federation. It turns out that the leaders of TINDALOS are the foudners of the Federation, preserved as brains in jars. You fight them place dinside giant robots built on stolen tech. Their leader, the last boss, has been grafting super tech onto himself for centuries, trying to turn hismelf into a god. The final revelation: your main character is related to him. The super pilot is a clone (hence the amnesia: he simply didn't exist before) and the rela pilot is a genetic descendant. In either case, the boss wanted to transfer his brain into their bodies when his own body finally gave up. After a long grueling fight, TINDALOS is defeated and the Federation is finally free to try to change it's dark future.

I still have to come up with all the series that would fit with this. Gunbuster, the original Macross, and Getter Robo are almost certainly in. Maybe the OYW Gundam stuff, with the Zabis teaming up with the Zentradis? Or Hathaway's Flash? Anyway, it's what I came up with so far.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Gentlemen. :awesome:

MonsieurChoc posted:

I still have to come up with all the series that would fit with this. Gunbuster, the original Macross, and Getter Robo are almost certainly in. Maybe the OYW Gundam stuff, with the Zabis teaming up with the Zentradis? Or Hathaway's Flash? Anyway, it's what I came up with so far.

Noooo no no, you have to use other SHMUP series. Like, the R9 can't get past the SBS Ki44 because it hasn't built up its level high enough (and Cranassian ~sniper tanks~) so the Truxton ship appears to screaming-skull-bomb their rear end.

Slide Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 7, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gyra_Solune posted:

Hey that's no fair mine is only at 19.

...unless you count all the subseries things which'd bring it to 41.

...Or unless you count the other one which at base is 26 totally different things and is way more ridiculous and complicated than 'you sure do fight space monsters' since I now realize it is basically Fallout New Vegas with robots.

Well when I said 20-50 that was more of a generalization than a hard rule

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

TheManSeries posted:

I wanted so bad to like Godannar but the fan service was just too much. I could put up with gravion and it's nonsense but Godannar just beat you over the head with it.

Wow, I felt completely the other way. Godannar has actually really good robot fighting and character relationships to back up it's titties, Gravion just felt like lots of "haha, boobs, dudes in dresses, lol" to me.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Light Gun Man posted:

Wow, I felt completely the other way. Godannar has actually really good robot fighting and character relationships to back up it's titties, Gravion just felt like lots of "haha, boobs, dudes in dresses, lol" to me.

Godannar's relationships were for the most part shockingly well done considering the show smashing you about the chops with insane levels of fanservice. I was especially fond of the way the show characterized the BDSM dom/sub couple, who were totally normal and cool with that kind of relationship without ever really commenting on it or drawing attention to it and everyone else was like "Yeah that's their thing if they like that then cool, no big." It was a really good show all around if you can make it past the Boobie Minefield.

The original Gravion is a pretty bad show. The robot is rad but the show doesn't really do a lot that's interesting. Gravion Zwei, on the other hand, is excellent because they pretty much go "The Gravion crew is pretty boring, what if we made a show where Sandman was the protagonist" and the show is pretty much entirely Sandman's story.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

drrockso20 posted:

It's easy for me because a large chunk of the interactions would be just generic '70s super robot team up excuse of "the bad guys are working together so I guess we're working together as well." Maybe crudely mash Patlabor's stuff with Daiguard's stuff. I think the most fun would be trying to shove in as many "post-apocalypse-esque" settings together in a grand world building exercise.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Apparently, the Inazuma Double Kick Team Attack does exist.

*puts down internet pitchfork*

A TRIPLE team attack with Tetujin 28 and Gurren Laggen should exist though IMO.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So, I'm curious about Eva 3.0 in this game.

I'm hearing that by all odds, Kaworu doesn't actually die here? And I guess Shinji never actually gets EVA-01 back because it's... stuck with the Wunder off-screen?

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

ImpAtom posted:

The holder is an absurdly AMERICAN blond woman who pretends to be a stoic gold-clad guy for a brief period of time. Her power allows her to steal the strength of others. She is Rand's rival because the Wounded Lion only has pain to steal.

That's cool, I can deal with that.

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Apparently, the Inazuma Double Kick Team Attack does exist.

*puts down internet pitchfork*

A TRIPLE team attack with Tetujin 28 and Gurren Laggen should exist though IMO.

Inazuma Double Kick is directly from Diebuster, so that was always going to get in. Everyone's mad about there not being a Triple Kick with Gunbuster joining in.

I'm not sure what Tetsujin 28 and GL have to do with each other, though?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If they had done a Gainax Inazuma Kick with the Busters, Gurren Lagaan, and Eva I would have been okay with it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Also pretty sad that 3.0's plot got shafted. I don't really like it but the what if route split would have been AMAZING

Tell Shinji What's Going On
> Be Dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah I don't mind the FMP stuff but Gargantia's animation team must have been handed off to some new people. They are really low tier and it's unfortunate. I made him a partner and just sighed.

• Locked thread