Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

spanking paddles have become just weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
got him in the nuts i think

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Around the third month of what I liked to think of as a balancing act between appearing sober and happy and not getting my self sick on opiates and hang overs I discovered that I could acquire crack cocaine in the area I live in at the moment.

Let me preface this in that I had dabbled in smoking rock from time to time before my legal troubles started but soon lost those connections, so it was something I knew I liked, but far from my favorite substance, that being marijuana. I love weed, its all I really want, but due to circumstances I had to stop roughly seven months ago.

Once I knew where I could get crack from...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3233831.

i love weed but can't smoke it. crack sounds like the perfect substitute, what could possibly go wrong... well worth a read

ahaha drat, the phenazepam threads have some gold in them

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
so now people with no idea how government, economics, or math works and who hold political stances that can not possibly function in the real world are now able to donate fake money to an idiot with no idea how government, economics, or math works so that he can run a presidential campaign on stances which can not possibly function in the real world. cool.

the future is now and it's retarded.

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

they're all autographed :v:

:newlol:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

It was at the tail end of that crack binge I discovered phenazepam on this very forum. Quickly, I researched all the information I could find on the internet, which pointed to the fact that this is a very potent and hard to dose substance when acquired in powder form. Shortly after the first shipment of ~ 500mg of phenazepam powder arrived I was enamored with all its attributes. The ease of getting it, potency, price and most of all the wonderful feeling of being completely useless on benzodiazapines. I proceeded to order more and more and within a months time consumed so much that both my family and my fiance thought that I would have permanent brain damage, mainly because with my decreased motor functions, they thought I was huffing paint. I apparently did huff paint during this time period, but do not remember it, nor have I ever had a history of huffing anything. I always thought that was stupid, which I still stand strong on that point.
but with bitcoins

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

JFairfax posted:

Around the third month of what I liked to think of as a balancing act between appearing sober and happy and not getting my self sick on opiates and hang overs I discovered that I could acquire crack cocaine in the area I live in at the moment.

Let me preface this in that I had dabbled in smoking rock from time to time before my legal troubles started but soon lost those connections, so it was something I knew I liked, but far from my favorite substance, that being marijuana. I love weed, its all I really want, but due to circumstances I had to stop roughly seven months ago.

Once I knew where I could get crack from...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3233831.

i love weed but can't smoke it. crack sounds like the perfect substitute, what could possibly go wrong... well worth a read

ahaha drat, the phenazepam threads have some gold in them

what the gently caress has to go wrong with your life that you cant smoke weed but have access to crack

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

I apparently did huff paint during this time period, but do not remember it,

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I did phenazepam for months and was fine

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Hemp man speaks true.

weird, but apparently actually running a business and selling product equips one to make better financial decisions than libertarian bitcoiners in their basement

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this is actually offensive

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

ANAmal.net posted:

what the gently caress has to go wrong with your life that you cant smoke weed but have access to crack

weed people depress me.

a ton of people smoke weed, but the only people who ever seem to talk about it are all That Guy - the one who can't think about anything but weed, or talk about anything but weed, and how much weed they smoke, and how they like to smoke weed, and how great it was the last time they smoked weed, and how great it's going to be the next time they smoke weed, and when the next time they're going to smoke weed is, and how much weed they are going to smoke then, and do you want to see their collection of weed posters and weed t-shirts, and man i bet this song is totally about weed, and weed weed weed weed weed...

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

I proceeded to order more and more and within a months time consumed so much that both my family and my fiance thought that I would have permanent brain damage, mainly because with my decreased motor functions, they thought I was huffing paint. I apparently did huff paint during this time period, but do not remember it, nor have I ever had a history of huffing anything. I always thought that was stupid, which I still stand strong on that point.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
should I take this thing that others have said destroyed their lives and permanently hosed up their brains? I'm smarter than those guys so I can handle it. I'm talking of course about bitcoins

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Sweevo posted:

bitcoin people depress me.

a ton of people bitcoin , but the only people who ever seem to talk about it are all That Guy - the one who can't think about anything but bitcoin or talk about anything but bitcoin and how much bitcoin they buy and how they like to buy bitcoin and how great it was the last time they bought bitcoin and how great it's going to be the next time they buy bitcoin and when the next time they're going to buy bitcoin is, and how much bitcoin they are going to buy then, and do you want to see their collection of bitcoin posters and bitcoin t-shirts, and man i bet this song is totally about bitcoin and bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
it really puts thing in perspective because no matter how bad poo poo has gotten I've never thought 'drat, these guys on the internet are talking about how some thing they took ruined their lives, that sounds like some good poo poo'

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
"Rand Paul freedom paddles"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Both my family and my fiance thought that I would have permanent brain damage, mainly because with my decreased motor functions, they thought I was mining bitcoins. I apparently did mine bitcoins during this time period, but do not remember it, nor have I ever had a history of mining anything. I always thought that was stupid, which I still stand strong on that point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sweevo posted:

weed people depress me.

a ton of people smoke weed, but the only people who ever seem to talk about it are all That Guy - the one who can't think about anything but weed, or talk about anything but weed, and how much weed they smoke, and how they like to smoke weed, and how great it was the last time they smoked weed, and how great it's going to be the next time they smoke weed, and when the next time they're going to smoke weed is, and how much weed they are going to smoke then, and do you want to see their collection of weed posters and weed t-shirts, and man i bet this song is totally about weed, and weed weed weed weed weed...
this was my ex girlfriend

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

A fun game you can do in TCC is to PM people asking how life is going on their hometown and street when they forget to scrub the GPS metadata from iphone pics of their drug stash.

It's a lot harder now since everyone started using imgur but a lot of people still use the forums attach image button

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

there are two things that could ruin a young libertarians life, bitcoin and phenazepam.
one creates a strong dependancy that drives away everyone around you and makes you waste all your money and loose your job and maybe get brain damage

the others is a drug

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mrmcd posted:

A fun game you can do in TCC is to PM people asking how life is going on their hometown and street when they forget to scrub the GPS metadata from iphone pics of their drug stash.

It's a lot harder now since everyone started using imgur but a lot of people still use the forums attach image button

lol

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
ten months ago someone tipped me $4 worth of dogecoin on reddit for making a joke about cryptocurrencies.
last night someone compromised my dogecointip account to steal the untouched, now $1 in dogecoin that was within.

turns out i wasn't the only one. they made off with a cool $9.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Crust First posted:

ten months ago someone tipped me $4 worth of dogecoin on reddit for making a joke about cryptocurrencies.
last night someone compromised my dogecointip account to steal the untouched, now $1 in dogecoin that was within.

how do you know? do you monitor it or something?

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

RZA Encryption posted:

how do you know? do you monitor it or something?

i got sent a pm on reddit from the dogecointip bot that helpfully told me someone had withdrawn all my dogecoins to some address, with a nice link.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Crust First posted:

i like that dogcoin tippers are more generous than bitcoiners

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Kid CUDA posted:

finally, the bitcoin foundation does something usef...

welp

"ridiculous spending and poorly thought out decisions"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Dr. Honked posted:

"ridiculous spending and poorly thought out decisions"

such as buying and holding bitcoin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I proceeded to order more and more and within a months time both my family and my fiance thought that I had permanent brain damage

can we make this the thread title

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

"Rand Paul freedom paddles"

up poo poo creek, but I brought my rand paddle so I can bootstrap myself out of it

also jesus christ the phenazepam stories. at least when people get blackout drunk, most of them realize it was a bad plan, but these idiots by and large don't care.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
So it's been like a month, has that bitcoin ETF sold any shares at all yet? Last time it came up, about two weeks after it started, it was still sitting at 0. :haw:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Tipps posted:

So it's been like a month, has that bitcoin ETF sold any shares at all yet? Last time it came up, about two weeks after it started, it was still sitting at 0. :haw:
http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/GBTC/quote
i don't know how to read this

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nobody has tried to sell their precious butt-shares so there has been no activity. Not that the bids are "good", a share is equal to 1/10 of a coin and the bids are for 35 bucks so they are trying to buy them for 350 a coin. (which is not the 2000% roi any savvy butt-investor wants)

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Average Vol (30d)

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Tanith posted:

also jesus christ the phenazepam stories. at least when people get blackout drunk, most of them realize it was a bad plan, but these idiots by and large don't care.

phenazepam and other benzos block your ability to care, so the subtle dropoff means you still aren't giving a gently caress several days later

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Muscle Tracer posted:

Average Vol (30d)

yup, looks like nothing is or has happened

itsnothappening.gif

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Verdafolio posted:

phenazepam and other benzos block your ability to care, so the subtle dropoff means you still aren't giving a gently caress several days later

also it seems to have a really long half life, so if you get super hosed up on friday / saturday and keep redosing even if it's a little bit and decide to have a couple of beers on wednesday you can quickly end black out drunk and hosed up

with hilarious consequences

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Tipps posted:

Nope.

You can read their annual report though: http://www.otcmarkets.com/financialReportViewer?symbol=GBTC&id=135313

The list of legal disclaimers about possible investment risks is fairly extensive. Even for these kinds of documents.

Also, apparently no one is actually allowed to redeem shares right now:

quote:

Redemption of Shares is currently prohibited.

At this time, Shareholders are not permitted to redeem their shares. If the Trust reintroduces a
redemption program, redemptions will occur only upon the order of Authorized Participants and
only in Baskets.

The Sponsor will reject a redemption order if the order is not in proper form as described in the
Participant Agreement or if the fulfillment of the order might be unlawful. Any such rejection
could adversely affect a Shareholder seeking to redeem shares through the Authorized Participant.
For example, the resulting delay could adversely affect the value of the Shareholder’s redemption
distribution if the NAV were to decline during the delay. See “Creation and Redemption of Shares
— Redemption Procedures.” The Sponsor disclaims any liability for any loss or damage that may
result from any such rejection.

There's also a section about how being an authorized dealer could potentially, maybe, possibly, cause you to be subject to AML laws.

Also, another gem:

quote:

As the Sponsor and its management have no meaningful history of operating an investment
vehicle like the Trust, their experience may be inadequate or unsuitable to manage the
Trust.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hai guyz, here are da factz about our professional foundation.

http://blog.bitcoinfoundation.org/the-facts-about-the-bitcoin-foundation/

quote:

1. The Foundation is not bankrupt. Very misleading! the correct term is insolvent and we won't be so for a few weeks!

2. The Foundation did not fire 90% of its people. FUD! Some of them quit because we don't have any money.

3. Donors expressed concerns over corporate governance structure. Yeah, they did. They are mainly concerned about the lack of money.

4. Patrick Murck, Executive Director, volunteered to step off payroll. Because we couldn't pay him.

So, as you can transparently see, everything is fine. We have determined that the origin of our problems is our HODL strategy, we will take the appropriate action soon.

xoxo

-The real bitcoin foundation

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Verdafolio posted:

Anyone have the russian ambulance story handy? That is a perfect example of how few fucks Joose lets you give.

edit: found it http://www.pastebin.ca/1679023

BurntCornMuffin fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 7, 2015

• Locked thread