Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If you think Slicken is OP now, wait until your level one spells become per encounter instead of per rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I finished the game without ever trying slicken and was on complete information blackout for most of my time playing it, so I didn't discover until too late how OP slicken was

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

I finished the game without ever trying slicken and was on complete information blackout for most of my time playing it, so I didn't discover until too late how OP slicken was

https://youtu.be/09vVF-Hvykg?t=9s

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
even if I had known, I wouldn't use it anyway. I game with honor

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Just use Minoletta's Missiles then. Hell, the last one you get is one of the best spells in the game because it ignores armor.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
by the end I mostly used the druid dude because despite a good first impression, I ended up not liking Aloth that much and Druids are really good anyway

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i like druids because that call lightning spell is all "sure whatever just drop a hundred thunderbolts that do 20+ damage per strike on every enemy who is anywhere near you for an entire minute"

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
also stunning

Druids are OP to be honest but not hugely so outside of a couple of spells

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I got wiped the first time I encountered feral druids.

"Hah, pussies :jerkbag: I'll just open with a salvo like I do mos-"

Quickload

One rear end in a top hat tanglefooted me, one insect swarmed me and one call lightninged me. gently caress you and good bye.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the level 2 chant that summons will-o-the wisps is good for chain stunning as well.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Is there friendly fire in this game or not.

Dec 26, 2012

there is depending on the spell, it'll say foe aoe if it doesnt hit friendlies

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Is there friendly fire in this game or not.

Yeah but there's safe zones of the aoe where friendlies won't get hurt.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
brewing up my next character and looking at the wiki entry for Backstab talent for rogues, one thing says it gives you a bonus when attacking from stealth or invisibility another says just from invisibility which is it??

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
im a cipher

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

KyloWinter posted:

im a cipher

I'm a monk.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
one of my friends made a 6 orlan chanter team that are all named after boy band members

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

SombereroLad posted:

one of my friends made a 6 orlan chanter team that are all named after boy band members

that sounds boring as hell to actually play

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
do they all shout over eachother at the start of combat that would suck?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Was there a patch or somethign today?

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
It was the much needed doors hotfix

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76254-103-hotfix-doors-not-opening-due-to-fog-of-war/

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Grim posted:

brewing up my next character and looking at the wiki entry for Backstab talent for rogues, one thing says it gives you a bonus when attacking from stealth or invisibility another says just from invisibility which is it??

It's both, but good luck managing it from stealth.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Half a freaking gig though...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder what the tombstones will say now ........

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Half a freaking gig though...

That's why everybody loves the Unity engine.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

CrookedB posted:

That's why everybody loves the Unity engine.

The GOG patch is apparently only 80 megs. Steam should really figure out this "differential patching" thing, it's not like it's 2005 any more.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I can't beat the lighthouse with my level 5 party. I usually win most fights by aggroing individual bad guys out of a group until I win but I can't do thar with those lovely ghosts.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

I'm a chanter

let's all buy an apartment in Defiance Bay together

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I wonder what the tombstones will say now ........

I read two of them before realizing they weren't worth my time and I'll never understand how someone was trying so hard to be outraged that they meticulously went through every single one to find the one they got changed

unfortunately I read every backer NPC story I could find because I thought maybe they'd give me some kind of bonus for reading them all, so perhaps it is me who is the idiot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

some of the backer stories are cool

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
like 2 or 3 of them are yeah. but there's what, 50 of the things? most are pretty samey

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
micromanaging wizards is tedious as gently caress

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
1. get your front line engaging everything

2. move Aloth to the side of the whole formation

3. fan of flames

4. repeat

there, you're set for the first 8 levels. I mean you can do a lot more than that and you'll benefit from it, but that's all you really have to do.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Frank Eufemia posted:

I can't beat the lighthouse with my level 5 party. I usually win most fights by aggroing individual bad guys out of a group until I win but I can't do thar with those lovely ghosts.

if ur on the first leveluse that small room as a choke point and send one of ur party to trigger the spooks to spawn

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
also focus down the Shades ASAP because they constantly summon more Shadows

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

KyloWinter posted:

micromanaging wizards is tedious as gently caress

dont use wizards, problem solved!

Dec 26, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

1. get your front line engaging everything

2. move Aloth to the side of the whole formation

3. fan of flames

4. repeat

there, you're set for the first 8 levels. I mean you can do a lot more than that and you'll benefit from it, but that's all you really have to do.

1. front line engage

2. curse of blackened sight on top of your front line

3. don't repeat because that's probably all you have to do its like a 30 second blind

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

1. front line engage

2. curse of blackened sight on top of your front line

3. don't repeat because that's probably all you have to do its like a 30 second blind

yeah pretty much this. maybe drop some fireballs if you're feeling saucy

Dec 26, 2012

you can also drop arcane blast right up on there because its also foe aoe

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i found a ring of wizardry that gives level 3 spells so i've got like 8 fireballs lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There's another ring of wizardry you can find that gives bonus level 2 and 4 spells. Now I can cast Confusion as much as I want.

• Locked thread