Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

How the hell are we on page 7 after just three hours?

I'm going to bed. If you have a daytime power role, please don't activate it till I'm up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
http://vocaroo.com/i/Retem0rtCeps

Volume warning.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

TheRam posted:

I don't get this though, you wanted a thunderdome too? Do you have a serious read on imgay or are you just trying to justify the thunderdome?

I can't remember who started the thunderdome, but I don't wanna re-read anything til tomorrow.

so tell me whattup I don't know how serious you are and you were super serious last game when I thought you were being tongue-in-cheek about how committed to your reads you were.

I'm super serially.

imgay's Thunderdome, accepting of it when I dropped it, and subsequent play is scummy.

So is Keane sticking to the lie until I forced the issue.

So if I go down, vote imgay tomorrow and Keane on D3.

24% updates installed. This is ridiculous.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

How the hell are we on page 7 after just three hours?

I'm going to bed. If you have a daytime power role, please don't activate it till I'm up.

Alasdair, look, mod-confirmed day actions! And yet my soothsayer is still a special snowflake, yes?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Why does this say vocaroo, but link to dropbox? Did you just try to malware us?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Byers2142 posted:

Why does this say vocaroo, but link to dropbox? Did you just try to malware us?

No. :ohdear:

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

huh?

I am not downloading it and the vocaroo link on its own doesn't work.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
i dl'd it it's whacky static he sure got us hahahahahahah :geno:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

i dl'd it it's whacky static he sure got us hahahahahahah :geno:

That wasn't static, it was computer code. Your computer is now in the net.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Worked for me?

A little fuzzier than I expected. The image after "Mafia" didn't come out.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Met posted:

Worked for me?

A little fuzzier than I expected. The image after "Mafia" didn't come out.

drat that's fancy.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

I waiting to see if any scum want to be a hero and glide into an easy win.

Also waiting for more recordings!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1iHx0zLlYWt

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Oh, also, quick rules clarifications and other things:

If you have a pony, you cannot ride it during the nighttime. Attempts to #ride your pony during nighttime will cause you to lose that pony.
Giving a player a sandwich causes them to throw away any sandwich they were previously carrying. Sandwich-granting priority happens in random order.
People with green color alignment, please check your private messages.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

wall monitor posted:

If you have a pony, you cannot ride it during the nighttime. Attempts to #ride your pony during nighttime will cause you to lose that pony.
Giving a player a sandwich causes them to throw away any sandwich they were previously carrying. Sandwich-granting priority happens in random order.

What kind of game are we in? :psyduck:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Met posted:

Three Axis Mafia.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

wall monitor posted:

As oracle, I can confirm all of these things.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Met posted:

##give Met Sandwich

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

##give Met Sandwich

Nothing happens, as you do not yet possess the ability to grant sandwiches.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

wall monitor posted:

Nothing happens, as you do not yet possess the ability to grant sandwiches.

:shrug:

*looks down at empty hands, dissatisfied, but not broken*

If there's a will, there's a way. I will get a sandwich, and I will give it away...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

someone give me a sandwich!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0TEG9L5IBy4

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Byers2142 posted:

I'm super serially.

imgay's Thunderdome, accepting of it when I dropped it, and subsequent play is scummy.

So is Keane sticking to the lie until I forced the issue.

So if I go down, vote imgay tomorrow and Keane on D3.

24% updates installed. This is ridiculous.

So you want us to consider chainlynches D1 now?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

##vote Byers2124

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Samfucius posted:

So you want us to consider chainlynches D1 now?

Yes, if I flip town, there's your scum. Wild idea, leaving breadcrumbs for who you think are scum if you get lynched as town.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

You really shouldn't have to tell us to cast our suspicions that way, it is scummy. We'll think about D2 when we get there, for now lets focus on your weird claims.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Yeah, and we'll figure it out. You're just muddying the waters.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
http://vocaroo.com/i/s03b2j4hoXWk

Also, does no one find this this voicecop stuff suspicious at all? Or am I just being paranoid?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Samfucius posted:

You really shouldn't have to tell us to cast our suspicions that way, it is scummy. We'll think about D2 when we get there, for now lets focus on your weird claims.

And if I don't get there, how can I focus on it then? You're trying to shoot down my cases here, people should remember that if I flip. Looks like a scumbro protecting Keane or imgay.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Also, does no one find this this voicecop stuff suspicious at all? Or am I just being paranoid?

you sound town

and what do you sound suspicious about it. it's harder to lie with your voice than with a post.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I wouldn't say suspicious but considering the fact you're doing it for Alasdair's approval... I find it a waste of time other than amusing yourself with it?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I do. Apparently he used it to good effect in a previous game, but that makes it just too convenient of a cover to stir the pot and throw baseless suspicion around.

On the other hand it is new and fun and it is D1 after all. I won't be voting based on the recordings, that is for sure. Even if there was a scum voice it would be too easy to record multiple versions or get your room mate to do it or whatever. It seems like it would work a lot better over Skype where people are surprised and have to go with their first effort.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Met posted:

I wouldn't say suspicious but considering the fact you're doing it for Alasdair's approval... I find it a waste of time other than amusing yourself with it?

uuuuuum its not for Alasdairs approval. its for everybody to listen to. youve played skypefia so you sound full of poo poo when you make out like you cant get reads from peoples voices.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I'm going to go all-in on Byers as town. Please lunch me if I am wrong.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

so far mets contributions:

1) friendship is scummy
2) a method that makes it harder to lie should be feared

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

you sound town

and what do you sound suspicious about it. it's harder to lie with your voice than with a post.

Dunno, I'm just a paranoid dude and I definitely couldn't justify my suspicions. Also is this still joke phase or what? Are things like serious with this TD and the votes on Byers? This game kind of exploded in a few short hours so I'm already having to play catch up here. In the games I've seen Byers in he always read scummy to me, but I'm a bad scumhunter and a bad judge of character so double shrug.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've never recorded anything on vocaroo, so I kind of just want to make wild claims in strange voices.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

And if I don't get there, how can I focus on it then? You're trying to shoot down my cases here, people should remember that if I flip. Looks like a scumbro protecting Keane or imgay.

If you're town, I ain't saying your cases are wrong. I am just saying of loving course we will be suspicious of those people, why in hell wouldn't we be, by telling us you are just kind of soft-claiming town over and over again without saying anything, and it looks like you are hoping people get second guess themselves. If you wanna be a great townie, go for other suspicious people or strengthen your cases. Hell, you do a good job and you won't get lynched, making the point moot.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

so far mets contributions:

1) friendship is scummy
2) a method that makes it harder to lie should be feared

Perhaps you're just too dumb to be dumbing things down for people considering you don't get my arguments at all.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Met posted:

Perhaps you're just too dumb to be dumbing things down for people considering you don't get my arguments at all.

I mean you are arguing against friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't like this whole voice read thing, I mean it's entertaining, but I'm worried it might have other possibilities.

Also, not really seeing how Met is arguing against friendship lol.

• Locked thread