Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

so far mets contributions:

1) friendship is scummy
2) a method that makes it harder to lie should be feared

To simplify

"Perhaps we shouldn't trust the guys who have 100% trust in each other because they are roommates. One made Oracle claim which he said he was going to do before the game started and the other is saying he can tell who is scum from voice recordings. If one or both is scum it's a dangerous position to put so much faith in them."

to

"Friendship is scummy lol"

is being obtuse at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Met posted:

:peanut:

You said you'd claim Oracle and here we are. I got a better idea.

##vote: CCKeane

You're just going to lead us on for days and going to be tight with Alasdair no matter what. I think just voting you out early is the safe bet.

Most of his posts are like this. Kill me or Alasdair because we are friends and will be tight.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Samfucius posted:

If you're town, I ain't saying your cases are wrong. I am just saying of loving course we will be suspicious of those people, why in hell wouldn't we be, by telling us you are just kind of soft-claiming town over and over again without saying anything, and it looks like you are hoping people get second guess themselves. If you wanna be a great townie, go for other suspicious people or strengthen your cases. Hell, you do a good job and you won't get lynched, making the point moot.

That wasn't what you said, you called me out for making a chainlynch suggestion, which is just you dropping the "chainlynch" keyword in place of anything better. Now you're backing it off to something else when I pointed out you were making a stupid case.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Met posted:

To simplify

"Perhaps we shouldn't trust the guys who have 100% trust in each other because they are roommates. One made Oracle claim which he said he was going to do before the game started and the other is saying he can tell who is scum from voice recordings. If one or both is scum it's a dangerous position to put so much faith in them."

to

"Friendship is scummy lol"

is being obtuse at best.

Didn't you suggest lynching one to break up the team?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Byers2142 posted:

Didn't you suggest lynching one to break up the team?

Why not? It's day 1. That's how we get credible information.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Met posted:

Why not? It's day 1. That's how we get credible information.

Is there anyone else who wants to suggest a lynch target today that they don't have a scum read on? Do I need to point out why these non-alignment cases are scummy to make?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As a town, I have but one vote among all the other votes and now I have to maneuver around the Alasdair/CCK voting bloc. I feel safer with them apart.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
i can see how scum would see keane as pretty dangerous as in the last two games he literally got scum to claim and won the game for town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Met posted:

As a town, I have but one vote among all the other votes and now I have to maneuver around the Alasdair/CCK voting bloc. I feel safer with them apart.

You want to vote one of Alasdair/CCK to split them up? Somber when you're around, why did you cast your vote on Alasdair?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Byers2142 posted:

That wasn't what you said, you called me out for making a chainlynch suggestion, which is just you dropping the "chainlynch" keyword in place of anything better. Now you're backing it off to something else when I pointed out you were making a stupid case.

--------------------------

Byers2142 posted:

I'm super serially.

imgay's Thunderdome, accepting of it when I dropped it, and subsequent play is scummy.

So is Keane sticking to the lie until I forced the issue.

So if I go down, vote imgay tomorrow and Keane on D3.

24% updates installed. This is ridiculous.

That's a chainlynch, I don't even need to argue that, because you agree:

Byers2142 posted:

Yes, if I flip town, there's your scum. Wild idea, leaving breadcrumbs for who you think are scum if you get lynched as town.

Here I clarify, without "backing off"

Samfucius posted:

You really shouldn't have to tell us to cast our suspicions that way, it is scummy. We'll think about D2 when we get there, for now lets focus on your weird claims.

And again:

Samfucius posted:

If you're town, I ain't saying your cases are wrong. I am just saying of loving course we will be suspicious of those people, why in hell wouldn't we be, by telling us you are just kind of soft-claiming town over and over again without saying anything, and it looks like you are hoping people get second guess themselves. If you wanna be a great townie, go for other suspicious people or strengthen your cases. Hell, you do a good job and you won't get lynched, making the point moot.

That is exactly what I said. Hope it clears things up.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I don't like this whole voice read thing, I mean it's entertaining, but I'm worried it might have other possibilities.

like what? the fact that its harder to lie with your voice than over text?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Samfucius posted:

--------------------------

That's a chainlynch, I don't even need to argue that, because you agree:

Here I clarify, without "backing off"

And again:

That is exactly what I said. Hope it clears things up.

Nope, you went from "chainlynch = scum" to "making reads like that are scummy." There's a very clear difference.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

like what? the fact that its harder to lie with your voice than over text?

I don't know? Does it get results in the Skypefia you've played? If it works, then by all means, but I just got ~feels~ about it is all.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Samfucius posted:

So you want us to consider chainlynches D1 now?

Byers2142 posted:

Nope, you went from "chainlynch = scum" to "making reads like that are scummy." There's a very clear difference.

Drop it, dude. Or give up on your mental narrative and read my posts.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

the thing is though keane REALLY wants to do the scum claim and colour win gambit. if one or both of us were scum we'd claim and do it. when we work together theres nothing we cant do. hope that helps clear things up.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I don't know? Does it get results in the Skypefia you've played? If it works, then by all means, but I just got ~feels~ about it is all.

empathetic YES on it getting results in skypefia

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Samfucius posted:

Drop it, dude. Or give up on your mental narrative and read my posts.

Nah, I'm thinking I'm right. You're trying to shut down my points pre-flip.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Where are all those <5 vote players?

Hal is usually pretty good, I wanna see what he thinks.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Also, for the record, I don't really like this thunderdome, because imgay has posted taunts and almost nothing else. C'mon, man.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like byers cause he is like fake scum hunting, he just constantly calling people out on semantics and stuff. Plus he's the one that iniated the Thunderdome then acts out like I'm the one who put him in it.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
OK movie's over and I have a few things to say;
1) Perhaps I've been gone too long but what the gently caress is a thunderdome?!
2) imgay just seems to be taunting like a WWE star and not making a case - Byers case is weak - but I read townie on both of them
3) I get the idea of Alasdair's voicecop thing - but I don't think it's as good a tool as he thinks it is - while it's harder to lie in voice giving someone the opportunity to record and re-record their audio kinda negates most of this - plus it feels meta
4) I agree with CCKeane that Met is acting a bit suspicious

That's it for now guys - I'm gonna take meds and head to bed - see you in the morning! (and don't lynch Byers - it feels like he's getting bussed too quickly and I really think he's town)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2 men enter 1 man leaves. He challenged me by vote so now we fighting it out 1 on 1.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
~breadcrumb~

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Also, http://vocaroo.com/i/s1sIt4jr5btU .

This game is already fun.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

King of Bleh posted:

Also, http://vocaroo.com/i/s1sIt4jr5btU .

This game is already fun.

voicecop: scummy

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
imgay is amazing(ly town), definitely my new favorite player.

Byers is a poo poo player but I don't think he's scum. I definitely don't think he'd have blown his load on any sort of claim so readily as scum, and I'd expect scum to undermine an obvious town gambit by attacking Keane obliquely, not attack it head on (cf Met). I think it's likely there are multiple scum voting him right now.

But to re-iterate an earlier point:

Byers2142 posted:

Soothsayer. Once a day, I can tell if a post is truthful or not as far as the poster knows.

gently caress you if you actually have this role and squandered it like this, I had this role in a game once and it's awesome.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

voicecop: scummy

I accept this verdict and am not surprised by it.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

gf says you sound townie though.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
King of Bleh, please help me win the Thunderdome.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

imgay posted:

King of Bleh, please help me win the Thunderdome.

Would that I could, but a man lives or dies in The Thunderdome on his merits alone.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello the few of you who are my friends...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wait how is Hal good?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
jesus loving christ 300 posts? stop starting games while I'm not around ok?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

wall monitor posted:

Oh, also, quick rules clarifications and other things:

If you have a pony, you cannot ride it during the nighttime. Attempts to #ride your pony during nighttime will cause you to lose that pony.
Giving a player a sandwich causes them to throw away any sandwich they were previously carrying. Sandwich-granting priority happens in random order.
People with green color alignment, please check your private messages.

I should point out that all of this is technically true, but I have never confirmed that ponies, sandwiches, green alignment, or other interesting things are actually present in the game. I am potentially messing with you about some, all, or none of this, because that is the sort of person that I am.

That said if you do happen to have a pony then I'm going to be really strict about only riding it during game-daytime.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Weren't you supposed to be asleep 5 hours ago? :ohdear:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Met posted:

Weren't you supposed to be asleep 5 hours ago? :ohdear:

Yeah, I'm dealing with some insomia. It's 3 AM here, I'm probably going to end up calling in to work or at least remoting from home if it continues to be this bad.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ahahah thats so not a scumslip alasdair

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

HiipFire posted:

ahahah thats so not a scumslip alasdair

This is not productive commentary

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

are you referring to byers somehow knowing exactly how many scum there are in the game? because yeah thats a scumslip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Yeah I did that a couple mafia games ago as town

its not a scumslip kthx

• Locked thread