Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The whole :siren: SCUMSLIP :siren: thing in particular bothers me. I'll look more at their content later on.

Thunderdomes are bad for town, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
the only thunderdome ive seen ended in both being town and both getting mislynched

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Somber you should betray Byers. He squandered his ability on seeing if he could backstab you and is clearly not interested in winning alongside you.

Betray him, Somber. Betray him and tell us of your other teammate.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Somber you should betray Byers. He squandered his ability on seeing if he could backstab you and is clearly not interested in winning alongside you.

Betray him, Somber. Betray him and tell us of your other teammate.

Do this please tia

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'm interested to see why what their doing doesn't feel genuine to you.

let me answer this on behalf of somber, it is because I (somber) am scum.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

HiipFire posted:

the only thunderdome ive seen ended in both being town and both getting mislynched

someone is wimping out!!!!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't have a ton of investment in this game yet so I'd be willing to do that if I were scum just to see what would happen. But then I'd probably be super invested if I were scum.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TheRam posted:

someone is wimping out!!!!

im not talking about this game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TheRam posted:

let me answer this on behalf of somber, it is because I (somber) am scum.

I don't know man... I think I'm on page with somber on this one. Something just seems disingenuous about what they're doing. I'm sticking with Alasdair for now. C Pig, if you can let me better know why that's dumb I'll change my mind, but something doesn't seem right.

The voice copping does seem cool though. My ~feels~ on that have subsided.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

HiipFire posted:

im not talking about this game

I know that, what I'm saying is you just said the only thunderdome you've seen was town-town and you've yet to just vote one of the thunderdomers just makes me think maybe you're not committed to fighting me to the death tomorrow!

I thought you were a balls to the wall dude, your actions contradict this so I'm wondering if maybe you're a scared scum?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I get a null read on alasdair/keane but I don't get a scum one. I don't think scum mind has been demonstrated. They just seem like they're having fun...

If anything I'm for their play, since the few butthurt responses have felt meaningful and serious and will probably inform my reads quite heavily over the next few days. Whereas if you're town and you're casing them for being ~~~weird~~~ I think that's usual bad lazy mafia play. "It's confusing or weird so it's scum!" the lamest scum hunting.

Focusing on obviously joking players is scummy fyi.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TheRam posted:

I thought you were a balls to the wall dude
WELL MAYBE YOU THOUGHT WRONG

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I can't wait for Byers to come back and recant everything said while they were drunk.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

CCKeane posted:

I can't wait for Byers to come back and recant everything said while they were drunk.

No, I stand by everything I said. Soothsayer, you're a liar and your pants are en fuego, imgay's Thunderdome offer and subsequent play has been scummy, Sam's playing like he knows my flip and is trying to mitigate anything I say about Keane/imgay so it's ignored tomorrow.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Also, if anyone's every in Pittsburgh, try Wigle Whiskey. It's my favorite local liquor.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
whos sam

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

Was that me? It sounds like my Elder Scrools game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Samfucius.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Byers2142 posted:

Was that me? It sounds like my Elder Scrools game.

uhhh i think it is yea

Byers2142 posted:

Samfucius.

uhhhh ok yeah sure man

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

uhhhh ok yeah sure man

What, we had a whole back and forth about it last night, did you not read it yet?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

No, I stand by everything I said. Soothsayer, you're a liar and your pants are en fuego, imgay's Thunderdome offer and subsequent play has been scummy, Sam's playing like he knows my flip and is trying to mitigate anything I say about Keane/imgay so it's ignored tomorrow.

Yes, I lied in order to play a merry jape on scum.

Let me ask you a question: Why would town ever investigate that post? What would be the point?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Yes, I lied in order to play a merry jape on scum.

Let me ask you a question: Why would town ever investigate that post? What would be the point?

It looked like a fakeclaim, it was D1, and I wanted to know if it was true.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

It looked like a fakeclaim, it was D1, and I wanted to know if it was true.

And how would town benefit from knowing it was a fakeclaim?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

And how would town benefit from knowing it was a fakeclaim?

:shrug:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So why did you waste a useful ability on it?

I submit that you are scum checking to see if I was making a fair deal.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

So why did you waste a useful ability on it?

I submit that you are scum checking to see if I was making a fair deal.

I retort that you're so very, very wrong, but only my flip can prove that today.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Byers2142 posted:

What, we had a whole back and forth about it last night, did you not read it yet?

I feel like I confused him with someone else in this game cause of his avatar but yeah I did read it.

I don't know if I feel the same way you do about him though.
He just seems like a townie who thinks you're trying to look towny specifically naming your main scum reads.
I don't like how he's talking to you as if you're town though, ESPECIALLY with him saying this

Samfucius posted:

Also, for the record, I don't really like this thunderdome, because imgay has posted taunts and almost nothing else. C'mon, man.
Which shows that he votes you without really considering imgay in general and trying to take away suspicion from himself.

hmm considering this quote he could actually be maf, but sadly we have a thunderdome on our hands so yeah thanks byers

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

I retort that you're so very, very wrong, but only my flip can prove that today.

Then I will counter with a query: Why would town think it prudent to lie detect on that post?

Seriously you could just get somebody to post "I am town" and then bam, insta cop. Or, even better, just lie detect on your own posts.

Nope, you used it to check to see if somebody was offering scum a fair deal.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Then I will counter with a query: Why would town think it prudent to lie detect on that post?

Seriously you could just get somebody to post "I am town" and then bam, insta cop. Or, even better, just lie detect on your own posts.

Nope, you used it to check to see if somebody was offering scum a fair deal.

I thought it was a good idea. I thought it was a fakecalim, and when it turns out it was I started loving with you and Alastair. I don't know what else you want out of me there.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I don't see how Keane's claim looked at all credible.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TheRam posted:

I don't see how Keane's claim looked at all credible.

I assumed crazy roles, based on my own.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

idk know if this is some bias because I read some of at least one of the other games and I read their poo poo in field mafia... but byers of all people you're an oldie so I don't see how you'd honestly think that needed lie-detecting.

though I also don't really see how that makes you scum, it is weird. you are definitely a better thunderdome murder than imgay who reads town as gently caress!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

I thought it was a good idea. I thought it was a fakecalim, and when it turns out it was I started loving with you and Alastair. I don't know what else you want out of me there.

So again, why would a fakeclaim there make me scummy?

There is no explanation for your choice when better options presented themselves.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CCKeane posted:

There is no explanation for your choice when better options presented themselves.

yeh if I had that power role I'd wait for a good claim or something to test, not bust my load early D1 on a player who obviously likes to fake claim especially when he's got his bro in the game.

it doesn't read right.

someone come end this day

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Hey homies Im finally not scum in this game.

Look, a post that would have been useful to lie detect.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

You want me to unveil some master strategy that just ain't coming, bub.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Look, a post that would have been useful to lie detect.

you can't usually lie detect alignment posts

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TheRam posted:

though I also don't really see how that makes you scum, it is weird. you are definitely a better thunderdome murder than imgay who reads town as gently caress!

How is imgay, who refuses to make a case and is sitting on "You asked for this" as his reason to vote me, town as gently caress?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

You want me to unveil some master strategy that just ain't coming, bub.

haha awh this reads town but your fate is kind of sealed by the thunderous dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TheRam posted:

yeh if I had that power role I'd wait for a good claim or something to test, not bust my load early D1 on a player who obviously likes to fake claim especially when he's got his bro in the game.

it doesn't read right.

someone come end this day

It's not a one-shot.

• Locked thread