Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Portable Staplefrog posted:

What is this? Google can tell that it's anime, but not which.

Mikagura School Suite. I actually answered the same question like a post or two under that gif too :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I liked Ene from Mekaku but then she sort of goes away for 8 episodes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

I liked Ene from Mekaku but then she sort of goes away for 8 episodes.
everyone goes away for 8 episodes

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

There was a time where it seemed like every season had one or two genuine gems that would fly completely under the radar but that has not been true for a long time.

There's been some of those. The GARO anime was a good recent example.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The best part is that she's actually a gigantic dork.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Welp, my turn now. :v:

What show is it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Welp, my turn now. :v:

What show is it?
Mekakucity Actors.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Level Slide posted:

The best part is that she's actually a gigantic dork.

That's every character in Mekaku

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'll have you know that... gently caress

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
what's the word on punchline, is it as bad as the previews looked

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No subs for it yet so dunno.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'd assume it's serviceable if you're in the market for underwear.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
It goes up on CR in less than an hour.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm excited for it.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its definitely serviceable, to use the sankakucomplex definition of the word

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Hadaka Apron posted:

It goes up on CR in less than an hour.

oh, I thought it was supposed to be out like an hour ago. Oh well

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:mrgw:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Rinne isn't particularly noteworthy (much like its manga counterpart), but I enjoyed it (much like its manga counterpart). I guess I'm as big a Takahashi fanboy as ever.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
CR announced they got the Yamada and the Seven Witches anime.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

CR announced they got the Yamada and the Seven Witches anime.

That comic is real cool but I have no clue who's doing the adaption

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

A friend went and watched the world premiere of the first two episodes of Etotama at Sakuracon, and he absolutely raved about the 3d animation. He said it was on par with the stuff you see in Guilty Gear Xrd in terms of technical prowess. He said the first two episodes felt like they were 60/40 in favor of 2d in terms of content, but the producers stated that they're aiming for a 50/50 split which has gotten me hyped up.

Also a PV that hasn't been posted in thread yet with a few more cuts of the 3d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U1c7JQ08lI

My friend failed to mention the crazy amount of fanservice in the 2d parts. Like, reaching monogatari levels of fanservice here.

But the 3d mode (a completely canon transition that enables the eto-musume to transcend to a higher form, affectionately subbed as "moe power" :lol:) was cool as heck. It really felt like it was very stylized 2d animation with a ridiculous budget.

And I'll admit, I did laugh a few times this episode. The humor is like the basest forms of meta, but it had some pretty genius comedic timing. Main male character completely revels in his blandness and it's hilarious.

Rooster has the best 3d mode.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Endorph posted:

mekaku city has a bunch of cool ideas and fun interactions but the guy who made the original songs is really weirdly insistent about writing all of the LNs/manga/anime, and it's blatant that he has no idea how to write.

Dude's got great ideas, he's good at telling stories through songs, but he sucks when he has to take those bunches of three-minute snippets and try to connect them into a coherent story.

God this series was so depressing for me. I had been following it since the writer had just become famous with his third song ever and it was poo poo.

I mean, they ruined one of my favorite songs of the series with that animation. And never adapted Outer Science, which makes the entire series make no goddamn sense. ...More so at least.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Well punchline was definitely not what I was expecting from the preview or what I was expecting at all. I was hoping for a SamFlam2, but I got something I doubt I will give the 3 episode rule to.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Buy flantasy flan.... buy flantasy flan.... buyyyyy flantasy flaaaaaaaaan

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Well punchline was definitely not what I was expecting from the preview or what I was expecting at all. I was hoping for a SamFlam2, but I got something I doubt I will give the 3 episode rule to.

can't be worse then the utter garbage that is samurai flamenco

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

Wow. Someone sure hates fun.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Samurai Flamenco is the highest of high art. It's got Japanese Senator Armstrong.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Davincie posted:

I thought SamFlam was a fun show to watch, just when you thought it was winding down from a light heart'ed super hero show the train leaves the tracks and becomes GE999. I was really expecting this show to be like that but we already started in outer space.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

flamenco was super boring but I wouldn't call it utter garbage. Granted I only saw like 5 episodes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Wow. Someone sure hates fun.

Fun is the worst descriptor word for anything.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Why is it fun.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I thought SamFlam was a fun show to watch, just when you thought it was winding down from a light heart'ed super hero show the train leaves the tracks and becomes GE999. I was really expecting this show to be like that but we already started in outer space.

please do not insult ge999 by comparing it to the lovely kick-rear end anime

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I dropped samurai flamenco around the second time the show decided to switch genres. It started out cool then got dumb real fast.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

flamenco was super boring but I wouldn't call it utter garbage. Granted I only saw like 5 episodes

Well that's why.

I continue to watch trainwreck anime myself in the hope of witnessing something as beautiful and sanity-destroying as SamFlam

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

please do not insult ge999 by comparing it to the lovely kick-rear end anime

No I am saying that the train went so far off the rails that it became a train in space(i.e. GE999). GE 999 was a fun show to watch, glad I saw it right after Captian Harlock, the background/side things were fun to spot.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Well episode 7 is really where it takes off.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Why is it fun.

It's a ~trainwreck anime~ :iamafag:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

It's a ~trainwreck anime~ :iamafag:

I've seen like two of those and they're always super lame, so now I never trust anybody who describes a show like that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
you know whats not a trainwreck or fun? serial experiments lain

please watch lain yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh this is not the chat thread whoops

i stand by my statement

• Locked thread