Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

1x01
holy gently caress that ending montage was some fuckin brutal poo poo... i am in love.

though it seems like the japanese just wants to open a resturaunt or something so i think he's on the up and up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

1x01
Holy poo poo the ending of this episode is amazing.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

cams posted:

1x01
holy gently caress that ending montage was some fuckin brutal poo poo... i am in love.

poo poo yeah!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Wow this is good. The cinematography is amazing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

1x02
yo if rosario dawson is the mcu's night nurse this is the best

rayray00
Mar 27, 2003

Capturing the moment from hair-loopies to big bellies.
I'm glad I work 3rd shift and not until 8pm cause the first episode alone has me hooked times a million already.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Deadpool posted:

As much as I love both Arrow and Flash and think they're great it is glaringly obvious going from them or even SHIELD to something like this that there's a pretty big disparity in not only talent but production.

So far this feels like an actual top quality show.

If the show keeps up the quality I've seen so far I don't think I'm gonna wanna go back to Arrow at all.

Production value, acting, loving crazy fight choreography, music, it's kinda all there. 1x01 general stuff That first episode felt almost like a mini-movie, I didn't expect them to introduce and finish a whole plot like that. I also very much appreciate that while it's kind of an origin, it's not painfully so. They hit the ground running pretty well.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
1x01 speculation: Nobu had better be part of the goddamn Hand. It's not Daredevil if there are no ninjas!

I have 20 hours before I need to be awake for work. I can finish this.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Abso-loving-lutely knocked it out of the park.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Just watched the first episode and holy christ it's a great start. This is exciting to see The Man Without Fear on the screen, and I'm psyched to see the rest of the season. loving HELL it was shot beautifully. This really gives me high hopes for Luke Cage and Iron Fist as well (to be honest I don't know anything about Jessica Jones but look forward to that nonetheless).

Edit: I'm really happy the basic origin took place in the first 3 minutes of the show. And agreed that ending montage was really loving great

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Deadpool posted:

1x01
Holy poo poo the ending of this episode is amazing.

Great visual metaphor for the fact it's just the first step in fighting something much, much bigger than a single man. All trouble ultimately for nothing

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cox, Henson, and Woll are all so drat likable in their roles.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Who's playing Matt's dad. He's pretty loving great so far too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
1x01

Holy gently caress was that great! Guess I'm going to be tired tomorrow.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
1x02
AHahaha, that part where Daredevil goes all bombs-away with a fire extingusher is awesome.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

1x02
AHahaha, that part where Daredevil goes all bombs-away with a fire extingusher is awesome.

Yeah that was some proper Home Alone poo poo.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

1x02

This owned so hard

cams
Mar 28, 2003

1x02
yo jack bauer ain't got poo poo on matt murdock and the night nurse

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

cams posted:

1x01

though it seems like the japanese just wants to open a resturaunt or something so i think he's on the up and up.

1x01
Does anyone know what these ideograms say?

http://imgur.com/5bnzYkP

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

cams posted:

1x02
yo jack bauer ain't got poo poo on matt murdock and the night nurse

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

This horrifying torture session brought to you by anatomy and physiology class!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

EPisode 2
I just saw one of those water tower things, and it also appears in the opening credits, anyone know the significance? Or will we find out soon probably?

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

The TV IV › Daredevil: WE ARE FILLED WITH MIGHTY EEL STRENGTH

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 10, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gawain The Blind posted:

WE ARE FILLED WITH MIGHTY EEL STRENGTH

1x02
GONNA BUY A BLUEFIN MURDOCK!

Thread title ^^^

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I love the fight scenes. They look painful and exhausting, and seeing Murdock get more tired and sloppy as they go on is awesome. It kind of reminds me of the end of Polanski's Macbeth.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

1x03
so far each episode has topped the last when it came to visceral violence... bowling ball to the loving skull...

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This show is amazing and completely worth the sleep deprivation. Total cinema-quality material that just keeps going and going.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
1x02

Oh gently caress!!! This is brutal.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I love the fight scenes. They look painful and exhausting, and seeing Murdock get more tired and sloppy as they go on is awesome. It kind of reminds me of the end of Polanski's Macbeth.

So true, he just gets beat down but keeps going anyway. I love this.

Mojave
Jun 1, 2006
Leave, and never darken my towels again
For some reason the show is not showing up. Any idea why?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
1x02
loving Jesus, that ending fight sequence. :stare:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
1x03 WHO THE gently caress IS THIS GUY?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x01

Holy gently caress just finished the first episode this is my favourite TV thing of all the things. The fight scenes are brutal, the lead trio are all so perfect (especially Charlie Cox) and that final montage was absolutely beautiful.

I only have time for 2 more episodes before work :negative:

e: Oh yeah stunning opening credits as well

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Onean posted:

1x02
loving Jesus, that ending fight sequence. :stare:

Holy poo poo yes! I absolutely love how the camera just casually strolls through the middle of the hallway two or three times in one solid shot to catch the action from both sides, loving beautiful. It reminded me of the prison bathroom fight from The Raid 2 a little bit.

This show loving owns.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Going to watch this tomorrow but just popping in to say thanks for changing the Netflix rules. It's nice to be able to come in and see people's reactions without having to avert your eyes every time you think you see someone talking about the actual episodes.

Speaking of reactions, my friend is watching it and he's texted me 4 times so far after one and a half episode, with each text consisting entirely of some variation of "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck".

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
1x03:

YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST KILLED ME, YOU COWARD
:stare:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I was never really a fan of the Daredevil comics, but the first episode was really good, can't wait to see what comes next.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oasx posted:

I was never really a fan of the Daredevil comics, but the first episode was really good, can't wait to see what comes next.

It gets better.

E:Now that Marvel has the rights to Punisher again, they absolutely have to give it this treatment, it would be amazing.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 10, 2015

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

T3hRen3gade posted:

Holy poo poo yes! I absolutely love how the camera just casually strolls through the middle of the hallway two or three times in one solid shot to catch the action from both sides, loving beautiful. It reminded me of the prison bathroom fight from The Raid 2 a little bit.

This show loving owns.

1x02
The Raid is exactly what I was thinking of. This show is loving brutal and its only the end of the second episode.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x02

So I think Matt just killed that guy with a fire extinguisher :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

1x03
so far each episode has topped the last when it came to visceral violence... bowling ball to the loving skull...

NutritiousSnack posted:

1x03:

YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST KILLED ME, YOU COWARD
:stare:
YEAH THEY SURE AS poo poo TOPPED THAT