Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
That was a really weird scum kill choice, btw, who kills the lurkiest player n1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King of Bleh posted:

That was a really weird scum kill choice, btw, who kills the lurkiest player n1?

That's the new scum meta because games have gotten so lurky. Still waiting for you to say something nice about me, by the way.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
You had a good gut read on Ram and did the town a service by taking him out, esp since most vig kills suck. Happy?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yes thank you. Okay Pig it's your turn.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Somberbrero posted:

I shot a scum, with my gun. My gun is now shot. No one else is saying that they shot the scum with their gun. Everyone can say nice things about me now. Let's start with Keane.

Can I infer from this post that you were a 1-shot vig only?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

Yes thank you. Okay Pig it's your turn.

for what? what are we doing?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

for what? what are we doing?

It's your turn to say something nice about me.

King of Bleh posted:

Can I infer from this post that you were a 1-shot vig only?

You could infer a lot of things I guess!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##vote: Ghostly Gangsta

Feeling this.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I'd like to hear from imgay and Hal before we lynch but I'm on board with killing Gangsta.

Somberbrero posted:

You could infer a lot of things I guess!

Let me put it this way, if another extra nightkill suddenly pops up you being vig instead of 3p serial killer starts looking a lot less likely, given what we already know about the setup.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Read over GG's post history for this game.

I'm not moving my vote, I'm very confident now.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is imgay here proud and loud to talk with y'all. Wow, Hipfiire was a huge jerk to me and I don't appreciate it. I was thunderdoming and I think he is just upset he never got to thunderdome so he got thunderdome envy. Too make amends I'll gladly thunderdome him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

This is imgay here proud and loud to talk with y'all. Wow, Hipfiire was a huge jerk to me and I don't appreciate it. I was thunderdoming and I think he is just upset he never got to thunderdome so he got thunderdome envy. Too make amends I'll gladly thunderdome him.

I think you're scum but I'll vote Hiipfire instead if you offer a satisfactory tribute.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello Somber.

What do you think of GG?

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

imgay posted:

This was cute for the first couple days but I think it's time to start playing. Are you vanilla? Please comment on some of the active cases/happenings.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Hello Somber.

What do you think of GG?

Strongly dislike his early posting, feel better about him since then.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not vanilla, I don't think anyone in this game is just vanilla, but I never played axis mafia before. I might as well be vanilla i guess. I'm a sandwich vig, if I receive a sandwich at night I can day kill someone.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
what

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I really doubt that?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

I really doubt that?

why

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
That seems too silly to make up, and for now I don't want to get sidetracked.

##vote Ghostly Gangsta

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
We are either playing in a game with AT MOST 2 vanilla roles (Hal I believe is the only unaccounted-for poster?), or GG is really bad at fake-claiming and is scum.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
After working it out on paper, I'm reasonably confident that the scum team is HiipFire/GG, and the known 3P player is one of Somber/imgay , leaning toward Somber.

Hal is the one wildcard since he hasn't posted jack all game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

Somber is cooler than a flying squirrel, which is the coolest animal unless flying monkeys become a real thing.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
CPig you should vote for Gangsta.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

After working it out on paper, I'm reasonably confident that the scum team is HiipFire/GG, and the known 3P player is one of Somber/imgay , leaning toward Somber.

How's about you apply some of what you worked out on paper into a credible case in thread. Channeling every math teacher ever, show your work for how you arrived at that.

I was considering Hiip as scum, but even his inactive thunderdome case is better than, "I've done the work, this is it"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King of Bleh posted:

I'm thinking GG/Hiip as well.

3p I am much more up in the air on.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I already posted why I think it is Hiip, so ##vote Hiipfire but I could switch to GG if needed.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Samfucius posted:

I already posted why I think it is Hiip, so ##vote Hiipfire but I could switch to GG if needed.

oh im sorry for backing off of a case because there was a loving thunderdome going on

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

I'm thinking GG/Hiip as well.

3p I am much more up in the air on.

Same applies to you, substantiate your thoughts.

Just because you helped catch scum on D1 doesn't make you an authority, and I don't even buy your oracle claim. Besides, you lead the charge against a town or sandwich aligned the next day.

Up until my claim you were convinced somber was the lunch target, if my role is all you have to go on then you're wasting your time.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

How's about you apply some of what you worked out on paper into a credible case in thread. Channeling every math teacher ever, show your work for how you arrived at that.

I was considering Hiip as scum, but even his inactive thunderdome case is better than, "I've done the work, this is it"

Basically process of elimination from claims.

KoB -- me
CPig -- confirmed mason w/ Alasdair

Keane -- confirmed oracle
Samfucius -- 99% confirmed Grilled Cheese spreader (based on Met's flip)

Somber -- claimed vig
imgay -- claimed "sandwich vig"

Hiipfire - claimed non-vanilla, has contributed virtually nothing except tunneling on imgay to post and a really long vocaroo that I don't want to ever re-listen to.
Gangsta -- "vanilla" ( == scum)

Hal -- no claim, lurker

Caveats to this: Keane could be scum-oracle, or Samfucius could be scum-sandwich-spreader, which would muddy the waters. I think the 4th scum will be a bit tricky, but the vanilla thing seems like a very solid case for today.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

King of Bleh posted:

Hiipfire - claimed non-vanilla, has contributed virtually nothing except tunneling on imgay to post and a really long vocaroo that I don't want to ever re-listen to.
thats loving rude

true but loving rude

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

HiipFire posted:

oh im sorry for backing off of a case because there was a loving thunderdome going on

Is thunderdome like an actual serious thing that gets used in other games and players adhere to? I assumed it was some weird joke but if not that's really dumb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

If Keane was confirmed I missed that. Was he confirmed as oracle?

Also a non-mod-killed lurker doesn't rise suspicion in anyone? Hal is likely 3P or scum, probably 3P.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

Is thunderdome like an actual serious thing that gets used in other games and players adhere to? I assumed it was some weird joke but if not that's really dumb.

I also thought it was kind of a joke.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Same applies to you, substantiate your thoughts.

Just because you helped catch scum on D1 doesn't make you an authority, and I don't even buy your oracle claim. Besides, you lead the charge against a town or sandwich aligned the next day.

Up until my claim you were convinced somber was the lunch target, if my role is all you have to go on then you're wasting your time.

Nah I shoot from the hip. Pew pew.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

If Keane was confirmed I missed that. Was he confirmed as oracle?

Also a non-mod-killed lurker doesn't rise suspicion in anyone? Hal is likely 3P or scum, probably 3P.

Modkills for lurking suck, but he should really be replaced if he doesn't start posting.

Keane posted privileged information about the sandwich setup that was later verified to be true by the flips, which at least confirms him as having that information. Him being oracle seems to be a reasonable assumption. With the setup closed oracle wouldn't be a bad role for scum, but I get a town read from him so far.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

CCKeane posted:

Nah I shoot from the hip. Pew pew.

thats me you gently caress how dare you steal my thing

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King of Bleh posted:

Basically process of elimination from claims.

KoB -- me
CPig -- confirmed mason w/ Alasdair

Samfucius -- 99% confirmed Grilled Cheese spreader (based on Met's flip)

Somber -- claimed vig
imgay -- claimed "sandwich vig"

Gangsta -- "vanilla" ( == scum)

Hal -- no claim, lurker

Caveats to this: Keane could be scum-oracle, or Samfucius could be scum-sandwich-spreader, which would muddy the waters. I think the 4th scum will be a bit tricky, but the vanilla thing seems like a very solid case for today.

Strictly speaking, Sam could be scum as well, but I buy their claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

thats me you gently caress how dare you steal my thing

Hiip.... Fire...

I get it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007