Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hi I'm here, I skimmed over the last few pages, it looked like people were talking about pooping or something

So we're bussing somberbrero now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
please put your hand up if you think poke's case is a good case.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

wall monitor posted:

*gives u a sour look*

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

wall monitor posted:

Hi I'm here, I skimmed over the last few pages, it looked like people were talking about pooping or something

Are you scum?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Dunno about that. Somber tends to be prickly as town, too.

I think somb is more prickly than usual. Hamming up his own butthurtedness as an out for playing the game well and fun.

that's my read.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Poque posted:

I'm getting frustrated that you keep insisting I'm being an rear end in a top hat or not nice. "Knob" is in jest and saying that it's dumb to call out a deadline that doesn't exist is a correct statement. It is a dumb statement, she is not a dumb person.

We are all knobs.

Also are you saying that LUTR complaining about jokephase lasting too long trumps your Max vote?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Somberbrero posted:

man I don't see how I could have been so confused sorry.

Somberbrero posted:

Your post is unnecessarily hostile and unhelpful.

:getin:

Somberbrero posted:

you think someone is scum for telling us to move past jokephase because the deadline you didn't think existed is approaching quickly, o.k.

:negative: It didn't exist at the time, this isn't a case of being mistaken. it was set in the middle of that string of posts.

there is nothing helpful about a post that tells us to be mindful of how long we allow jokephase to run in light of the deadline...when there is no deadline. it's like telling a basketball team to get plays off quicker because they're down by 4 with 5 minutes left in the first quarter. It's not content, and the rest of the post is disguised to look like it's being helpful when it's actually saying nothing at all.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

We are all knobs.

Also are you saying that LUTR complaining about jokephase lasting too long trumps your Max vote?

yes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't think its possible for a human, even one with such a bad avatar as sombrero, to be this dense unless it was on purpose.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I like Poque an unfair amount just because of the av.

Poque I hope you are like the dean IRL because I really want it to be so.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TheRam posted:

I like Poque an unfair amount just because of the av.

Poque I hope you are like the dean IRL because I really want it to be so.

maybe! but what do you think of the content of what both Somber and I are saying?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
poke even if the deadline isn't set in votefinder it's right in the OP.

i understand your point poke i just think it's bad and i have nooooo idea why you are still riding it. i don't think her post makes pretensions at content but i think yours does!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

GulagDolls posted:

a sea man-tick would be a really scary monster.

i'm very glad you didn't take this in a very different direction.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poque posted:

maybe! but what do you think of the content of what both Somber and I are saying?

I haven't read it really I just read Somber and got a read. I'll make a concerted effort soon, but I'm running a bubble bath to soak after a tense few hours of badminton doubles :)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

GulagDolls posted:

i don't think its possible for a human, even one with such a bad avatar as sombrero, to be this dense unless it was on purpose.

mills gave it to me it's great

TheRam posted:

I haven't read it really I just read Somber and got a read. I'll make a concerted effort soon, but I'm running a bubble bath to soak after a tense few hours of badminton doubles :)

so you didn't read the thread in context, just me?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Ernie. posted:

will someone sing Barbie Girl please

Because I'm curious if this actually pertains to your role...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Somberbrero posted:

poke even if the deadline isn't set in votefinder it's right in the OP.

the 48 hour content was. the deadline was not. it is not at all uncommon for day 1 to be longer, quite the contrary.

quote:

i understand your point poke i just think it's bad and i have nooooo idea why you are still riding it. i don't think her post makes pretensions at content but i think yours does!

Her post absolutely makes fake content.

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is a long rear end joke phase for a game with strict 48 hr deadlines.

Criticizes other players in the game without calling out anybody individually. This is closer to setup spec than actual content, a holier-than-thou sort of thing (not sure how to phrase that without using a rude phrase, apologies) designed to isolate her from the people who are apparently doing a bad thing.

quote:

Heading out for night two of shows soon, if there's not some serious activity when my part is over around 8 Imma meta case you chucklefux.

Again puts herself higher than anybody else without actually doing anything. it's a promise of content later but even then it's not valuable since it's a promise of a meta case. why is everybody else responsible for the serious activity first?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

so you didn't read the thread in context, just me?

I have been reading the thread piecemeal whilst I've been doing things like sports and working, getting surface "tone" reads are easy to do but I've read every post in this thread and don't have the foggiest what you were talking about together because it didn't read as something I should care about at the time probably.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I can't remember if I used to be bros with LUTR or if that was Deadcow I'm thinking of or something or both.

LUTR were you part of that short-lived (I'm guessing I lost the url) mafia forum with deadcow and some others?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poque is dumb for his vote, anyone voting him or harping about the deadline info from the OP is scum

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

If you were then you may have seen me topless :getin:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

I have been reading the thread piecemeal whilst I've been doing things like sports and working, getting surface "tone" reads are easy to do but I've read every post in this thread and don't have the foggiest what you were talking about together because it didn't read as something I should care about at the time probably.

a made-up post.

speaking of made-up posts what do you think about what poke just posted?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

a made-up post.

You're really stupid and boring.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Somberbrero posted:

a made-up post.

I'm surprised that you think I'm making this up and not that I'm just wrong.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think poque is getting irrationally mad about this stuff. Let it go dudebro. Tunneling someone and yelling about semantics is scummy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
for the love of god it's not a semantic argument

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it would seriously go a long way at this point to hear from just one single person that I'm at least not crazy and that the deadline was not set in votefinder at the time. I don't even care if you agree that it's meaningful, just that what I am claiming was the case was in fact the case

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Poque posted:

I think characterizing the original post as a callout is a stretch:

Poque posted:

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is a long rear end joke phase for a game with strict 48 hr deadlines. Heading out for night two of shows soon, if there's not some serious activity when my part is over around 8 Imma meta case you chucklefux.

this post accomplishes absolutely nothing

1) callout on everyone (?) for joking
2) callout on people for loving around with a time limit (wrong)
3) im not gonna do anything now but i'll get you guys when i'm back!!! (unspecified recipients of phony rage)

It reads more to me like asking to get started with the game, not some kind of angry callout.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poque posted:

it would seriously go a long way at this point to hear from just one single person that I'm at least not crazy and that the deadline was not set in votefinder at the time. I don't even care if you agree that it's meaningful, just that what I am claiming was the case was in fact the case

no, it wasn't set in votefinder. why does that matter?

Poque posted:

I don't believe you're this hyped over something so silly.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its easy to see why he would get 'hyped up' when repeatedly confronted by people who are missing the point of what he was initially saying

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Somberbrero posted:

no, it wasn't set in votefinder. why does that matter?

it matters because you were trying to gaslight me over it earlier?

Somberbrero posted:

you think someone is scum for telling us to move past jokephase because the deadline you didn't think existed is approaching quickly, o.k.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I think characterizing the original post as a callout is a stretch:

It reads more to me like asking to get started with the game, not some kind of angry callout.

Thank you for reading my posts, this is a reasonable explanation of why someone wouldn't agree with what I was saying.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

You're really stupid and boring.

you don't have to go so far out of your way to avoid saying anything meaningful this game, just post like normal.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Poke

poke

if you can infer that the day one deadline in this game is longer for no reason

why is it unreasonable for lutr to infer that the deadline is when the op said it will be

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
reason = deadlines are commonly not on weekend nights.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poque posted:

I'll read you soon, just got out, I look like a lobster it's awesome.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poque posted:

reason = deadlines are commonly not on weekend nights.

sure, okay! that's not the point i was making, though.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

wall monitor posted:

Don't care much for this post, but it's just the one post.

Anonymous has been around posting, but it's all been joke stuff, and his (her?) first post of any real content seems like fluff.

##vote anonymous

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Somberbrero posted:

sure, okay! that's not the point i was making, though.

You're right, actually. I still think the callout (or whatever) stinks, but the inference of the timing of the deadline is a bad point to harp on. ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

you don't have to go so far out of your way to avoid saying anything meaningful this game, just post like normal.

You want slapfights but you don't have the mental capacity to actually derive my intended meaning, ever, which just feels like a result of you having a giant hate-boner for me (others might be initially confused by what I'm like, but seem to adjust easily enough). Considering this I have zero reason to engage with you, and I don't want to try because it's really unpleasant and I play this game to have fun.

• Locked thread