Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It's a teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f8W5Xi-5vI

(or http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...campaign=buffer )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yep, so confirmed at this point to be Black Ops III. I'm excited.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'll be satisfied with a next-gen tweaked BO2. Vonderhaar knows objectives>K/D and it showed in BO2. BO3 should be the same.

Hoping BO2 style Combat Training comes back. 3v3 with bots, 1/2 XP.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really wonder if it'll have the option for a different movement system or if we're back to regular CoD. If Treyarch even had the time to have the option to put exos into their game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Treyarch used to make Spider-Man games didn't they?

Hell, there y'go, give me wall-crawler web-slinger Mason. Game of the Year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

Well poo poo, the DLC in Advanced Warfare has a spiderman like device in it, so this is totally doable.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

VJeff posted:

"The webs Parker, what do they mean?"

Richslode
May 2, 2013
I only just got the meaning behind Mason's name. Mason jar, you fill it with things... commie things.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Richslode posted:

I only just got the meaning behind Mason's name. Mason jar, you fill it with things... commie things.

Explains why his great great great great great grandson became a member of the Red Faction on Mars...

The centuries long conspiracy is real... :tinfoil:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Richslode posted:

Masons work with bricks...dirty pinko Red bricks

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Glad it's not WWII.

http://charlieintel.com/2015/04/09/official-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-description-and-box-art-spotted-on-call-of-duty-site/

Activision posted:

Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops 3 is the first title for next-gen hardware in the critically acclaimed Black Ops series. Developed by Treyarch, the award-winning creator of the two most played games in Call of DutyŽ history. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 deploys players into a dark, twisted future where a new breed of Black Ops soldiers emerges and the lines are blurred between our own humanity and the technology we created to stay ahead, in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare. With three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, it providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"Akimbo... Akimbo never changes." :madmax:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

future war is completely the new ww2 and I've been sick of it since 2142

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So wait, that press release is worded strange, is Activision saying that Black Ops III is not on 360/ps3? Cause that would be a good thing since it was pretty obvious the resources from the 360/ps3 versions of Ghost and Advanced Warfare were holding the PS4/PC versions back.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

So wait, that press release is worded strange, is Activision saying that Black Ops III is not on 360/ps3? Cause that would be a good thing since it was pretty obvious the resources from the 360/ps3 versions of Ghost and Advanced Warfare were holding the PS4/PC versions back.

I'm reading it exactly how you are too. "First title for next gen hardware." Reads like "made exclusively for ps4/xbone."

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Javes posted:

Glad it's not WWII.
Me too, but seeing how much whining about "exo suits are coming back" (which isn't confirmed) is on twitter, a new WWII CoD might be better received than people would expect

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm going with the idea that they look more like cybernetic enhancements then exo suits.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Dear god I hope they don't have anything resembling the exo movement stuff.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
As long as they bring back decent pistols. AW's handguns are like throwing hot farts at people.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I said come in! posted:

They said first next-gen game in "the critically acclaimed Black Ops series". They're essentially saying it's Treyarch's first next-gen game.

But we're three years into this generation of consoles when Black Ops III drops, so it may be about time to cut the cord there anyway. I'd say it's 50/50, depending on how low Sony and Microsoft feel like dropping the price on their behemoths this summer/holiday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

They said first next-gen game in "the critically acclaimed Black Ops series". They're essentially saying it's Treyarch's first next-gen game.

But we're three years into this generation of consoles when Black Ops III drops, so it may be about time to cut the cord there anyway. I'd say it's 50/50, depending on how low Sony and Microsoft feel like dropping the price on their behemoths this summer/holiday.

"Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops 3 is the first title for next-gen hardware in the critically acclaimed Black Ops series."

I had to keep reading that sentence out loud to myself, but I think you're right now. It was so confusing to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's marketing lingo, it's intentionally obfuscating. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got rank 50 today. :hellyeah: This is the 2nd time i've ever done that in CoD.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

SubponticatePoster posted:

As long as they bring back decent pistols. AW's handguns are like throwing hot farts at people.

I just want good Semi-Autos period.

AW's semi -auto weapons are laughably bad.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

OneDeadman posted:

I just want good Semi-Autos period.

AW's semi -auto weapons are laughably bad.

Was there a good semi-auto past the FAL. Or Mk14?
I don't think I remember any good ones, pistol or rifle.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Quabzor posted:

The semi auto pistols in Blops 2 were great.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

kenny powerzzz posted:

The semi auto pistols in Blops 2 were great.

The FAL was rock solid too, as long as you were host or lived near the host (Javes :allears: )

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

venutolo posted:

Dear god I hope they don't have anything resembling the exo movement stuff.

Yeah, I'm all set with the exo suits at this point. I'll get Black Ops 3 either way, because Treyarch usually makes a good COD game, but if all exo suits all the time is the way Call of Duty is going, I think I may be done with the franchise after that.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Gordon Shumway posted:

Yeah, I'm all set with the exo suits at this point. I'll get Black Ops 3 either way, because Treyarch usually makes a good COD game, but if all exo suits all the time is the way Call of Duty is going, I think I may be done with the franchise after that.

Same. Reminds of Halo too much. To me it feels more like a Halo game than a Cod. Except the time to kill.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

Quabzor posted:

The SMR was dope.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SMR's rate of fire limit is too low for my trigger finger.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Gordon Shumway posted:

Boo, this is what is making the game awesome. The double jumping over buildings and powerslides are loving awesome. MORE!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After I hit the rank cap in Advanced Warfare, I went back and tried to play Ghosts. It's too slow now, keep the exo suits please. I can't imagine CoD without them anymore, the game would need much smaller maps without the exo suits. Ghosts maps are too big for how slow you move.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

After I hit the rank cap in Advanced Warfare, I went back and tried to play Ghosts. It's too slow now, keep the exo suits please. I can't imagine CoD without them anymore, the game would need much smaller maps without the exo suits. Ghosts maps are too big for how slow you move.

Ghosts being loving slow was a big complaint about the game actually. Whereas blops 2 didn't have that complaint.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Ghosts being loving slow was a big complaint about the game actually. Whereas blops 2 didn't have that complaint.

Yeah, you had large(r) maps minus AW's mobility in Ghosts.

Stormfront and that Scottish castle one might have been playable if they'd had jump packs.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Mister Macys posted:

SMR's rate of fire limit is too low for my trigger finger.

I ran it with rapid fire and ext mags and it was wonderful.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
New interview with someone from Treyarch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB7bf6Uh96M

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
Following Javes video. I am attaching the posters they are releasing for the new title.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

More like the most negative k/d in history...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I had the final round death in a match happen against a quickscoper. I was dead before the scope even showed any cross hairs.

• Locked thread